Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Postal times - UK to Philippines

I would be grateful if members could give me an indication of the length of time it takes to send a small parcel to the Philippines, or rather I should say how long it takes before it gets there!

I am thinking of a destination some 70 kilometers from Manila, if that makes any difference.

Many thanks folks, somehow I feel I will get widely varying times!

Paul

It took 3 weeks for some paper I sent to arrive, that was with DHL.

3 to 4 weeks if sent by standard mail,
    2 to 3 days if sent by FedEx, UPS, DHL or TNT (be careful to give a local phone number, verify also before sending which of the 4 is dispatching packets in the area as they may not dispatch their packets everywhere). it works fine, but it's just expensive (10 times more, but 10 times faster than standard mail).
    Best regards.
    Yves

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tomoboyle2000 View Post
    It took 3 weeks for some paper I sent to arrive, that was with DHL.
    48 hours to Manila.... DHL... can track it all the way

Hello, I've sent a small parcel to Phils(last month) with post office via Air mail and and it only took about 6 days to get there which is actually very surprising...

london well away from those people up norf
    Used fedex its worth noting like yves said who has a prescene nearby as this can speed things up and stop them subcontracting to others etc.

The Wife lived about 70 k away fom manila and the parcel via fedex would be there within 48 hours or so. Cost a fair bit but there in one piece.

If you use Interparcel it will be carried by DHL and you can track it with DHL but it's much cheaper than if you actually send it with DHL. It usually takes about 48 hours to get there.
    Iain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by IainBusby View Post
    If you use Interparcel it will be carried by DHL and you can track it with DHL but it's much cheaper than if you actually send it with DHL. It usually takes about 48 hours to get there.
    Iain.
    Yes as what hubby did....he follow what u said...very true 48 hours no more no less

Thanks for the information, I now have a good indication of likely times - give or take !!

Cheers

Paul

I sent a mobile phone to my wife by royal mail airmail for about 5pound postage. It took about 4-5 weeks to get to Romblon Province, but it got there!

Quote Originally Posted by grate-britte View Post
    I sent a mobile phone to my wife by royal mail airmail for about 5pound postage. It took about 4-5 weeks to get to Romblon Province, but it got there!
    where in Romblon is ur wife from?

Hi Kimmi

She is from Odiongan, have you been there? I was there in June this year and June last year. They really have improved the seafront with Volleyball, food, shade, seating, music, new lighting along the shoreline. It is the next Boracay!

I really enjoyed it there, everyone knew me after 10 days, maybe cos I'm 6ft3!

Haha ... I sent some chocolate to Ruby, about 3 days after we first met online (April 2007). We received it in December, when I was already living here permanently!

Some papers which were couriered to me, arrived in Manila in less than 48 hours ... it then took a further 3 weeks (and many phone calls) for them to be delivered in Asuncion!

What about sending a letter from Philippines to UK? how long does it take to get there? anyone?

we sent some documents it took 25 days that was with royal mail.

Quote Originally Posted by gaius View Post
    What about sending a letter from Philippines to UK? how long does it take to get there? anyone?
    my sister sent us a xmas and birthday card last
    year,she used LBC,we received it after a mounth.

davao city phil. but currently here in uk
    hi. my experiences are: first i sent letter with postcard thru post office and addressed direct to our house which is 18 kilometers from downtown davao city.It reached almost one month. But when i sent again second time and addressed it to my daughter's, living in downtown davao city arvd so quick,less than one week.So thats why everytime from then on if i sent mail i just addressed it thru my daughters even if it is for my mum who lives outside downtown area to reach fast.And my daughter wl just give it to my mum.So its more faster if it was sent on main city.

IT REALLY VARIES, LUCKY IF IT WOULD BE RECEIVED, COZ SOME OF MY HUSBAND'S MAILS TO ME WERE PRESSUMED LOST...

Although some mails from my hubby before i get here in UK, arrived in about 2 weeks in Phils.. Unfortunately, some took more than a month like my recent bday card, he said he posted it june 20th, my bday is 28th, I already arrived here in UK on july 9th, then my bday card were received by my family in Phils. just yesterday-july 22, so i wasn't able to receive the card & had no chance of reading it personally, hehehe!
    with a heart full of love, you will express your highest potential while also fulfilling your soul's deepest purpose:
    TO LOVE AND BE LOVED!

To be fair, the postal times are very variable and hardly seem to depend on destination in Phils. I've had letters arrive in Asuncion (15kms out of Tagum City) in less than a week ... others can take three months or more.

Respected Member
    Postal times vary... it usually take 10 days for the post to get to me (here in Bicol) from UK. Just last week, it took only 7 days...

None of his posts got lost yet. Guess we're lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    To be fair, the postal times are very variable and hardly seem to depend on destination in Phils. I've had letters arrive in Asuncion (15kms out of Tagum City) in less than a week ... others can take three months or more.

i agree.. whenever my bf sends me a parcel it takes a month or two letters 2-3 weeks but so far i get all what he sends via airmail.

Based on our experienced..if my hubby will send letter to me or any card from Scotland I can easily received that and it takes for 1 to 2 weeks only but it depends sometimes if the post master is lazy to deliver it. Regarding with the parcel I noticed that the postal stamp only less than 10 days already here in the Philippines but it's slows down to deliver. The post office will not deliver the EMS notice. the parcel stuck at the post office for 1 or 2 weeks... It's really sucks!

Thread Information