Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Banned

Engagement Rings

Hi there,

Could i have a bit of advice please.

I am currently considering my options on buying an engagement for my mahal, now she told me she saw one in the mall for 400 pounds and i could not beleive it and how cheap that could be.

So am i deluding myself here - any experience of purchasing rings out there quality etc.

Regards

We bought Mel's engagement ring in Bohol last year, had it made to her own design, gold plus diamond cluster (that's as technical as I can get on this subject ), ready in a couple of days, and a lot less than 400 quid! The ring has been perfect and still is, so don't worry about it: nearly everything's cheaper over there Just wish we could have got our wedding rings there too, but we didn't leave ourselves enough time for that. Anyway, if your fiancee likes it, just go for it!

Ivor and Mel

I would not really consider £400 cheap for a ring but if you are going to spend that price over there you would need to make sure its good quality.

Banned
    She wants me to surprise her though.

My sister says its gotta to be over a months salary so that's over £1000

But i think shes not expecting anything too expensive - difficult situation if i buy it out there how do i know its good quality or di buy one here for like 750 hmmmmmmmmmm

hello there..im a filipina and i agreed to ivor that products in philippines are cheaper than to compare here in UK..and the standard of quality is excellent..your fiancee made the right choice regarding the engagemement ring that she wants..because for us £400 is really worth enough..

hello there..im a filipina and i agreed to ivor that products in philippines are cheaper than to compare here in UK..and the standard of quality is excellent..your fiancee made the right choice regarding the engagemement ring that she wants..because for us £400 is really worth enough..

Quote Originally Posted by Shamrockdave2003
    She wants me to surprise her though.

My sister says its gotta to be over a months salary so that's over £1000

But i think shes not expecting anything too expensive - difficult situation if i buy it out there how do i know its good quality or di buy one here for like 750 hmmmmmmmmmm
    I do not think many follow that rule anymore of it being a month wage..

My wife told me that many filipino couples cannot afford engagement rings so most do not have one so i am sure your girlfriend will be very happy just to be getting one.

I am not sure many here would want to discuss the amount they spent on a ring but mine was less than what you are spending but be careful as my wife got a price told to her near where she lives but when we both arrived to look at it the price went up so make sure wherever she is looking for rings do not know she is marrying a white guy...

I wouldn't mind saying how much we paid, but Mel would kill me But it was certainly less than 400! And good point about keeping out the way - maybe I should have done that!

As Ivor says, Mel and any of the other ladies here at the forum, would not be happy with everyone knowing how much their engagement ring cost, or their wedding ring, but its correct to say, that you can get a much better quality ring made in the Philippines than in UK, my wife's engagement ring was bought the provinces, my wife said that its is better value, I wont disclose how much we paid for it, but she was very happy with the money that was spent on it, as for the wedding rings, I left that to my wife, she just told me how much was required, but I have one, and she has the same one, with diamond clusters on them, I never thought I would wear one, but I have got one, I think what you paid is a private matter, as everyone has different incomes and wealth.

The fact of the matter is, if it is given from the heart, then it doesnt matter how much the ring cost, one has to spend according to ones cloth, I would say I am not kuripot, and am generous to my wife where I can be, but we dont waste money, its a personal thing.

Spot on, Pete No point in adding to that.

Mel told me to say that

A months wage I'd have to buy a diamond mine
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Like it!

Thanks for your help guys

SD

Im not too keen about expensive engagement ring, I won't bother at all if I got one or not but then my husband was eager to get one and his reason was because I deserved it. I did insist that its too much but then he never listen, must be the english thing...aww romantic?.
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Quote Originally Posted by ervenescence
    Im not too keen about expensive engagement ring, I won't bother at all if I got one or not but then my husband was eager to get one and his reason was because I deserved it. I did insist that its too much but then he never listen, must be the english thing...aww romantic?.

That was well said Ervenescene, and your husband was eager to get you one wasnt he ? good man !, and he is right, it is because you deserved it, as does Mel, Rhea Rose, Ping, Elsa, Gina, and all the other ladies whose other halves come to this forum, you all deserved a nice ring to wear, my wife also insisted that it was too much, but of course we wont listen, cos we want the best we can afford for you, see !! English man not kuripot...hehehehehehe

A nice shiny ring & a new mop

so lucky

your gf is very lucky..400 pound here se high equivalent..
    be proud of her..

Get her one of those lovely plastic ones out of an old christmas cracker. She would love it because it comes you you. lol

I think 400 is a bit steep for a really nice ring, but like Pete says, its all down to wealth and income and what you can realisitically afford. And as everyone else says the quality is excellent there. As our local jeweller commented when we took it to be cleaned recently.

Argos - £20

you can find it here too http://www.thediamondshop.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win
    A nice shiny ring & a new mop
    ....or a new ironing board!

This really happened to me!

Free pint... now Mrs F's offering to do all our ironing! You're a saint, Mrs F!

Thread Information