I have been writing my first book for some time now. I feel very inclined to disclose some pages from an earlier draft and share with you.

The book starts with my meeting Pia and then goes back to how I came to be the person I am. It then shows the development of our love and will conclude with her arrival in the UK. The second book will follow on from that.

The following is the book intro and extracts from the section that talks about my origin.

I hope you find them interesting.

Author’s Introduction

I never intended to write a book.

For many years close friends and acquaintances would comment, ‘you should write a book’. I grew to understand that it was quite common for the words of this particular cliché to be uttered whenever an individual came across another person with a single experience or experiences that they determined beyond the normal course of their own experience and anticipated future.

For a long time I did not believe I had done anything extraordinary or on any level, anything worthy of a book. Later, as I matured and contemplated my purpose in this world, I concluded that the potential value of any literary contribution I might make, would evolve from the fact that my life is far from extraordinary.

I have a story to share that embraces much that the ordinary person goes through but rarely reads about and generally not with the level of self-effacing honesty as follows. At the very least I hope my book will entertain and encourage you as you gain insight into my life and celebrate my joyous highs and warm your hands on the heat of my numerous lows, as I traverse childhood, a singing career, business enterprises and personal relationships, and on to the man I have become and the love I've found in Pia.

This book is an autobiographical novel based on my life. This literary technique is distinguished from an autobiography or memoir by the stipulation of being fiction. Some names and locations have been changed and some events altered subtly but the story still bears a close resemblance to that of the author.