Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

domestic worker..

hello everyone.. just a new member here.. just wanna ask something..i just want to have some information for my friend here in England who works as a domestic worker in a private household for more than one year. She wants to sponsor his husband (Philippines) to be with her in UK..Is it possible for her to bring her husband here in UK though she works as a domestic worker? She told me that her employer is happy to accommodate his husband.Likewise, what would be the requirements to satisfy the entry clearance officer? thanks for the help..

Hi Deimei,

What sort of visa does your friend currently have? And what sort of visa does she want to get for her husband? Visitor? Settlement? Or what? Have you had a look at the information on the UK Visas website?

Ivor and Mel

thanks for the reply..i am going to visit websites for UK visas for more information..thanks..its a non-settlemement visa..my friend holds a definite leave to remain..

Quote Originally Posted by deimei
    hello everyone.. just a new member here.. just wanna ask something..i just want to have some information for my friend here in England who works as a domestic worker in a private household for more than one year. She wants to sponsor his husband (Philippines) to be with her in UK..Is it possible for her to bring her husband here in UK though she works as a domestic worker? She told me that her employer is happy to accommodate his husband.Likewise, what would be the requirements to satisfy the entry clearance officer? thanks for the help..
    Hi Deimei,

welcome to the forum. You have found the forum at a good time as we will help you as much as possible. Even if it is not good news about visa info etc we will be honest coz sometimes we all need a reality check and i have learnt much from my time here..

John

Quote Originally Posted by deimei
    Hello,

I noted your post, your friend is a domestic worker in a private household, sounds like she is on an Au Pair visa, if she is documented and has indefinate leave to remain, (which I find hard to believe, forgive me for being paranoid)
    she would only have indefinate leave to remain providing she has come on the skilled migrant programme, notwithstanding that programme, I think it would be hard to obtain an entry clearance for her husband, but there is no harm in her trying, providing she can provide adequate financial support and the employer provides evidence of accomodation, then it might work, secondly, the skilled Migrant programme rules are changing soon to a points based system, the points based system actually makes domestic house helps and Ya Yas in category 5, that is the lowest skills demand for the UK, also, UK Government has just announced that it is taking the requirement for Nurses off the skilled migrant list, as there are now more Nurses than jobs.

With the new immigration rules regarding work permits, and the rules for accompanied residents, I suggest you go on to the Work Permit site

http://www.ukimmigration.com/

and look there for information, our expertise is really related to relationship visas.

Best of Luck

as there are now more Nurses than jobs.
    According to the goverment, yes, according to the Nurse unions, no!
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Thread Information