Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

need help badly pls

Guys i need help. Im a Filipino nurse planning to study in uk. Im on the process of working with my student visa. The problem is I am married here in the philippines but currently not using my husband's surname even on my passport. Will i declare that I am married when on the embassy or not? Coz when i declare that Im married maybe they will ask me as to why I dont use my husbands surname? IS there a way that they will know that Im married or not without declaring it? thanks in advance

Hi. Why arent you using your husband's surname? I suggest that you be honest in everything you say and do in connection with your visa application. Good luck. God bless.

be honest always

welcome i think its better if u do not tell them since all ur doc is in ur single name...make it easier for u to process ur aplication....gudluck coming here in uk.

You need bad help?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

i would like to be honest but i think it would be difficult for me to process my application since my passport's name is my maiden name. Would they know if im amrried or not if il not disclose it?

Quote Originally Posted by micheletenoso View Post
    i would like to be honest but i think it would be difficult for me to process my application since my passport's name is my maiden name. Would they know if im amrried or not if il not disclose it?
    honesty is the best policy sis..it is better that u tell them the truth because sooner or later they will know it since they all made background checks so its better that u'll be honest or u will wave ur visa goodbye..

goodluck..

london well away from those people up norf
    From what I knw neither the British or Phill goverments require a woman to take a mans name when married its just tradtion.

The UK for sure does not expect it as it would be ilegal (sexual discrimatation)

use your own name and just say your married. Write a little note.

The British goverment could not discrimate agaisnt you on this point and nor would i think they want to .

Good Luck

In my experience it is not hard to change your passport from your maiden name to your husband`s name you just have to take your marriage certificate with you if you wanted it changeand as well its better to do it this way rather than complicates things later on
    to loved and beloved is the greatest joy on earth...

Banned
    Even the DFA will ask you first when applying passport. You better declare at DFA first that you are married. As far as I have known, they have new rules now that YOU must declare it to them (DFA). If your passport is maiden name then it's time to ammend it.
    Embassy always need honest answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Daddy View Post
    In my experience it is not hard to change your passport from your maiden name to your husband`s name you just have to take your marriage certificate with you if you wanted it changeand as well its better to do it this way rather than complicates things later on
    theres no need to worry

Many women keep there maiden family name.

If they were not allowed to it would be sexist and no organsation in the UK would dare give a woman grief for not wishing to take her husbands name unless they wish to feel the wrath of the discrimation laws in the UK.

I have heard of examples of phill ladies who did not change their name and why should they unless they wish to themselves.

Its your choice ladies no one else

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    theres no need to worry

Many women keep there maiden family name.

If they were not allowed to it would be sexist and no organsation in the UK would dare give a woman grief for not wishing to take her husbands name unless they wish to feel the wrath of the discrimation laws in the UK.

I have heard of examples of phill ladies who did not change their name and why should they unless they wish to themselves.

Its your choice ladies no one else
    so its ok even if i dont use my husbanb's surname even if i will tell the embassy that i"m married they will not question me?

Quote Originally Posted by bhaby.angel05 View Post
    so its ok even if i dont use my husbanb's surname even if i will tell the embassy that i"m married they will not question me?
    i think theres no law on it,you can use your maiden name even your married no body ask you a question...mind you i still used my mother's maiden name untill now insted of my maiden name

i've been married 8 years ago andstil using my name on my passport and i have'nt experience any trouble yet from the immagration....so i think whats wrong with that keeping ur name for urself?im sure ur husband wouldnt mind it.

Quote Originally Posted by angel1231 View Post
    i've been married 8 years ago andstil using my name on my passport and i have'nt experience any trouble yet from the immagration....so i think whats wrong with that keeping ur name for urself?im sure ur husband wouldnt mind it.
    correct! before applying my citizenship i asked my hubby what name im gonna use if its him or mine he said to me his not bother if i use my maiden or married name, but i choose to use my married name but i still used my mum maiden name

it actually doesn't matter... if you're married or not... the question is are you still together? if you're still together as married then put married but if not it would be helpful if you just put single.

Quote Originally Posted by bhaby.angel05 View Post

yes its ok to say you wish to use your madien family name and not your husbands for your own reasons.

it is of no intrest to the British goverment. if they did have an issue it would be agaisnt their discrimation policy.

My Sister kept her family name when she married while at work.

She has now changed it but that was her choice not the goverments or anybody elses decision.

Whatever you do do say you are married as if you didn't that would be a lie and a very serious one on a visa application i would have thought.

I can only agree with the other answers that say be honest.

Apart from anything else, paerwork in the UK seems to go pretty smoothly, so long as the people processing it follow procedures, but as soon as anything goes wrong, it can stall for ages and ages.

I'm sure they do check a sample of details very carefully, so if yours was in that sample and there were inaccuracies, it could cause huge problems.

hiya!
    be honest to ur self,thats the best!

I think that is not a big problem. Maybe you need to ask yoursef why would didn't you change your surname to your married name?

Honesty is the best policy. plus you will sleep better at night once you are honest.

It's also easy to change your last name in DFA.

Guys i need help. Im a Filipino nurse planning to study in uk. Im on the process of working with my student visa. The problem is I am married here in the philippines but currently not using my husband's surname even on my passport. Will i declare that I am married when on the embassy or not? Coz when i declare that Im married maybe they will ask me as to why I dont use my husbands surname? IS there a way that they will know that Im married or not without declaring it? thanks in advance
    I use my maiden name in all the forms for the application to the British Embassy. Why? to avoid discrepancy to the other documents that I have. Like the NBI, Passport and other documents which appears my maiden name. I have already these documents before my husband came to PHils. so we dont need to go back to DFA again to make correction for the passport.

We just submit also the marriage certificate from Civil Registrar and NSO called it SEcurity Paper.

In your case, the declaration of being married or not, is not material to your application since you are applying for student visa. Much different from spouse and Fiance where you need to disclose your status.

Just follow all the requirements and see that all your documents containing the same names on it. IF there's any discrepancy, fix it while you have time, don't let the Embassy be the one to see it. Do not take chances...you have to make sure for everything.

Good luck.

Banned

It would be more difficult if you didn't declare you're married.
    If something happened to you, (knock on wood), your hubby will have difficulty in helping you, he must be your beneficiary.

The embassy always ask CENOMAR (certificate of no Marriage) from National Statistics Office, they cannot change your status as single ,

You can apply ammendment anytime, it takes only 3 days-1 week. Just bring copy of Marriage cert (NSO) Simply as that

If your application is succesful, you will have good chance to get your hubby to come over But if you declared you're single, then there is trouble in the future.

hi u need to be honest coz it helps when u need it soon also...
    ..there is one way to true and lasting peace....THAT WAY IS GOD'S WILL

Also:
    It is just easy to amend you passport.

Next:
    STUDENT VISA:
    When you are Married, you are entitled to bring any dependents with you. Kids, Husband.
    You are only allowed to work limited hours per week.
    But your partner, can have work full time...

Since, you want to establish first yourself here, better start it right, to avoid confusion and hassle in the future.

You can use maiden name as long as you indicate that you are married. Women do have the right to use their maiden names.

Respected Member
    if your cought lieing it will make it 100% harder to enter thay will think that you lied about everythink just get your papers changed. it will look better anyhow being married to pinoy becouse thay will think you have someone to come back to so wont over stay in uk .gaz/maybs
    i dont now only my oppion (can anyone teach me to spell lol)

Thread Information