Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access) IluvChristina's Avatar

Help Needed on Fiance Visa

Hi all,

I am looking for some help on the Fiance visa for my lovely Fiance.

We have started to complete the forms and there are some questions asking if she has ever been refused a visa or has been deported from any country.
    She visited Singapore 3 years ago and got a 30 day visa. She then overstayed there and was told when she leaves to go to the airport and pay a fine. When she got to the airport she was told that the law had changed and she was interviewed for a few hours. They then made sure she left immediately (was leaving anyway) but banned her from returning.

I am not sure how I should disclose this on the Fiance Settlement application form so any ideas anyone?

Does anyone know if this will cause her a problem in obtaining a UK settlement visa as I am not sure how severe this will be see as? Everything else for the application form is fine and we have enough evidence to show we have known each other for 18 months and have met on 3 occassions in that time.

Thanks to all replies in advance.

''She then overstayed there and was told when she leaves to go to the airport and pay a fine. When she got to the airport she was told that the law had changed and she was interviewed for a few hours. They then made sure she left immediately (was leaving anyway) but banned her from returning.''

How long did your fiance overstay her 30 day visa by?

What are the Visa conditons between Singapore and Republic of the Philippines ?

If there are no stamps in her passport saying ''deported'' or other similar terms and the period of overstay was just a few days then I would not mention any of this and go ahead and apply for a Visa for your fiance.

She could always get a new passport and then her overstay in Singapore definitely would not appear when applying for the Visa.

Also read up in this Forum about fiance visas as there are a lot of posts saying how difficult they are to obtain.

yes, is there anything in her passport showing she was removed and banned from singapore ?

A number of countries cross-check records now, so if you answer 'No' on the visa application and they check with Singapore .....and Singapore is not a country you want to break ANY rules in.

If she was just fined and not deported then you will probably not have a problem anyway. Singapore inly tend to deport illegals & criminals.

It is probably worth contacting the Singapore embassy and asking them what they hold on record, and will you be let in there country again. That way you know the situation with them.
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

there could be a mandatory ban from coming to the uk, if she lies and is found out, as scouser keith says check with the singapore embassy and what does it show on her passport ?

For me just get a new passport as simple as that.Even if you work in Singapore especially domestic,once the employer send you back to Philippines you cannot used that old passport when you apply again. Believe me its really true.
    Regards,

Ping

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    just get new passport, it happened to me I worked illegal in taiwan for 7 years and arrested as illegal allien,got banned in Taiwan, then I reported my passport lost in PH then went to Switzerland as tourist and had no problem.

Get a new passport i guess that's a good idea but not sure on answering "NO" on that delicate question???

Anyway, A common friend filipina who overstay here in UK for about 5 months 2 yrs ago managed to meet an English guy whose willing to marry her here but unfortunately she can't show her passport in the registrar office so she has no choice but to go back to Phils and renew her passport then apply a fiancee visa there (well, 2 yrs ago immigration in the airport don't check whose going out of the country ). Luckily she got a fiancee visa and got married here in UK now holding a spouse visa.

Then another filipina whose a nanny here marry a guy from the Phils last year who overstayed in Japan and deported. He renew his passport too when he applied for dependent visa they're really worried that the HO in Manila might found out that he was deported before and again another success story got a visa been here in the UK for morethan a year now and got a nice job

Sometimes you don't know how things in HO works. And its annoying that many people who doesn't break any law at all sometimes who are the victims of injustice of HO.

Sometimes its hard when you have loads of filipino neighbours around you get all kind stories

So good luck to you!!!

Thread Information