Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How long does it take to get married in Philippines?

I've searched high and low in the forum's using the search tool. But couldn't find anything. I'm going to marry a Filipino girl this year. I know I need my CNI which takes 42 days to get. I visited the official British Embassy website which has alot of info. But I'm just getting confused.

I like many other British people have to work and I can only take a maximum of 10 working days off at any one time. so a maximum of 14 days holiday including weekends. I read on the British Embassy in Philippines website that it requires 21 days notice from the registrar to issue a marriage license for 2 people to get married. Is this right cause it mentions other stuff which is making my head dizzy, like this 10 marriage publication rule which has to be done before a marriage certificate can be issued.

So how long does it take to marry in Philippines any help would be much appriciated? Would a fiancee visa be better option so we get married in the UK?

I want to do as much research as possible becuase I cant afford to goto philippines multiple times in a row. Thanks for your help in advanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Plonker View Post
    like this 10 marriage publication rule which has to be done before a marriage certificate can be issued.
    Sorry that should be: like this 10 day marriage publication rule which has to be done before a marriage certificate can be issued.

i don't know if someone will tell again more in details with regards with the same situation, sometimes we get tired of replying things that been so ask several times...mostly on the forum here focus more visa,, its already been stated here from the beginning up to the whole process.........so please be patient to have a look and use the search button to get all your needed info....( just type spouse visa on the search button) you got all there everything u need to know..........

Hope you understand..............thanks

My Bad

I've searched high and low in the forum's using the search tool. But couldn't find anything. I'm going to marry a Filipino girl this year. I know I need my CNI which takes 42 days to get. I visited the official British Embassy website which has alot of info. But I'm just getting confused.

I like many other British people have to work and I can only take a maximum of 10 working days off at any one time. so a maximum of 14 days holiday including weekends. I read on the British Embassy in Philippines website that it requires 21 days notice from the registrar to issue a marriage license for 2 people to get married. Is this right cause it mentions other stuff which is making my head dizzy, like this 10 marriage publication rule which has to be done before a marriage certificate can be issued.

So how long does it take to marry in Philippines any help would be much appriciated? Would a fiancee visa be better option so we get married in the UK?

I want to do as much research as possible becuase I cant afford to goto philippines multiple times in a row. Thanks for your help in advanced.
    Hi Plonker,
    It only takes 42 days if you apply for a CNI in the Philippines. If you apply at your local registry office in the UK, it costs about £30 and takes about 23 days. Then when you go to the Philippines, your UK CNI can be exchanged at the British Embassy in Manila or the British Consulate in Cebu while you wait, for the local version which entitles you to marry in the Philippines.

Then, when you have this and the other required documents, you have to apply for a marriage licence, normally, but not neccessarily, where you intend to be married, which usually takes 10 days. While your waiting you can arrange the wedding and go for your pre-marital seminar if it's required in the province where you intend to marry.

With regard to your last point about whether to marry in Phils or the UK, it is of course much cheaper to marry in phils and it's usually a little easier to get a Spouse visa as opposed to a Fiancee visa.

Cheers,

Iain.

Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    i don't know if someone will tell again more in details with regards with the same situation, sometimes we get tired of replying things that been so ask several times...mostly on the forum here focus more visa,, its already been stated here from the beginning up to the whole process.........so please be patient to have a look and use the search button to get all your needed info....( just type spouse visa on the search button) you got all there everything u need to know..........

Hope you understand..............thanks

A million thanks IainBusby your a star, just the answer I was looking for. I owe you a pint.

A million thanks IainBusby your a star, just the answer I was looking for. I owe you a pint.
    Hi Plonker,
    The other documents that are required that I mentioned are your birth certificate, passport and your decree absolute if you have been divorced. Your gf will have to check which documents she will require as it varies a little from place to place, but she will need at least her birth certificate and her cenomar.
    Cheers,
    Iain.

It HELPS

Wow what a great help. Thanks we also need this answer.

I'll take a guess at 4ft 3"
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

hello

what u mean ...4ft 3"??????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by amyburple View Post
    what u mean ...4ft 3"??????????????????????
    It just the Boss bragin again

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    It just the Boss bragin again
    YES!!!!
    Matt & Trina Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    boss strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    I thought it`s @ 4ft 11"
    Life is a matter of perspective. Either you complain because roses have thorns or you rejoice because thorns have roses. It all depends on how you look at it...

london well away from those people up norf
    not sure on your latest situation but the waiting for ten days in the country for the non local can be overlooked if the officials agree.

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    not sure on your latest situation but the waiting for ten days in the country for the non local can be overlooked if the officials agree.
    Thats intersting we will look into that.

Finally my flight is booked and I'm off to do the thang in early october. For those who maybe doing the same as me dont forget to get your vaccinations and travel insurance.

Cheers guys!

How fast can you say 'I Do'?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Hi Plonker, back in 2006 my bf visited me in the Phil..we didn't got married there bcause he forgot to bring his CNI plus had no enough time... I applied fiancee visa n 2007 got civil here in UK. Then last month june we had a successful church wedding and christening of our little son there in the Phil.
    Anyway, good luck both of u in your coming wedding.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aug06_2006 View Post
    Hi Plonker, back in 2006 my bf visited me in the Phil..we didn't got married there bcause he forgot to bring his CNI plus had no enough time... I applied fiancee visa n 2007 got civil here in UK. Then last month june we had a successful church wedding and christening of our little son there in the Phil.
    Anyway, good luck both of u in your coming wedding.
    I hope I misunderstood this.

If you marry anywhere, you cannot marry again unless you have a divorce (usually called annulment in Phil) or your partner dies. That means you cannot marry even your partner twice.

I guess the church service was a blessing on the marriage, unless Philippine law is very different from UK law

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by johncar54 View Post
    I hope I misunderstood this.

If you marry anywhere, you cannot marry again unless you have a divorce (usually called annulment in Phil) or your partner dies. That means you cannot marry even your partner twice.

I guess the church service was a blessing on the marriage, unless Philippine law is very different from UK law

A good thing otherwise two anniversaries to forget/ I mean remember

We had a blessing straight after our wedding and trust me you be hard pushed to tell the difference apart from no signing of the register.

Yo guys, just an update we finally got married 2 weeks ago, it was easier than i thought it would be. The new british embassy building is really nice. Though we had to make amendment to her details which they charged us for even though they said on the phone they would do it for free. But this took 20 mins. We didn't really have a holiday there cause we were franctically buying things for the wedding and sorting everything out like venue, car etc and introducing me to her family.

Iain your absolutley right its so much cheaper to marry in Phils my bill came to about £4k thats everything flights, hotel, food, taxi's (very dodgy I could tell you what was wrong with them just by hearing the noises they were making), wedding rings, attire, going out money.

This was my first trip there so I learned alot on how things we're done over there. My advice would be to take money out of the atm machines over there cause you get a better exchange rate. I changed up 10k pesos here in the uk and got about 68pesos to the pound. Over there from the atm machine its 82pesos.

Now we're just waiting for the secpa paper so we can apply for the visa. Cant wait to go back for a proper holiday without rushing around.

Congratulations!!!

Iain.

My advice would be to take money out of the atm machines over there cause you get a better exchange rate. I changed up 10k pesos here in the uk and got about 68pesos to the pound. Over there from the atm machine its 82pesos.
    That's the lesson that everyone learns on their first trip, unless they've read all the advice in this forum. The other one is don't listen to the bank/Thomas Cook ... do not bother bringing travelers' cheques! Sterling cash and/or an ATM card are all that you need.

congratulations

Thumbs up

Yo guys, just an update we finally got married 2 weeks ago, it was easier than i thought it would be. The new british embassy building is really nice. Though we had to make amendment to her details which they charged us for even though they said on the phone they would do it for free. But this took 20 mins. We didn't really have a holiday there cause we were franctically buying things for the wedding and sorting everything out like venue, car etc and introducing me to her family.

Iain your absolutley right its so much cheaper to marry in Phils my bill came to about £4k thats everything flights, hotel, food, taxi's (very dodgy I could tell you what was wrong with them just by hearing the noises they were making), wedding rings, attire, going out money.

This was my first trip there so I learned alot on how things we're done over there. My advice would be to take money out of the atm machines over there cause you get a better exchange rate. I changed up 10k pesos here in the uk and got about 68pesos to the pound. Over there from the atm machine its 82pesos.
    Now we're just waiting for the secpa paper so we can apply for the visa. Cant wait to go back for a proper holiday without rushing around.

Congratulations to you and your wife!!!

You can always change your GBP to PHP in big Malls (like SM) in the PI (they usually have higher exchange rates and lower charges unlike banks)

Thread Information