Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

spouse visa requirements

Hi...

new here. My hubby is in the UK and we're planning on applying for my visa this June. I heard my hubby needed to prepare a set number of pay slips before I apply.

Can anyone tell me what I should do? I have pictures, shat history, letters, emails ready. Mariage contract already at hand too. Got maried third quarter of 2006.

I'd really appreciate any info.

Also..I am still working. Do I have to resign before I apply for my visa? (Heard it fom somewhere, and I don't think it makes sense.) I think it's a stupid idea... I mean, nothing wrong working right? I am trying to help my hubby save. Or will my staying employed cause a decline in my visa application?

And after application follows the waiting phase...being employed will help me keep my sanity during this period...

PLease advise.

Hi and welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help here, try the search facility as there is lots of useful information already available.

you should have 6 months payslips, 6 months bank statements, copy of passport see the sites at these links

http://www.british-filipino.com/appl...ettlement.html

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs

http://www.british-filipino.com/settlement2.html

PS.. I don't see anything wrong with you working during the application process, in fact it should be a positive. The only thing it will do is add the period of time that you have to work your notice into your plans for moving from Phil.

If you have to apply for a visa soon early at any months.....I guess its better for you to quit that job before applying for your peace of mind and so as for you to focus more on the requirements itself, anyway the minimum process of visa is 3 mos its even early as 3 weeks.....it depends....or else anyway you can go on keep working without telling that you are working....it doesnt matter...........and it doesn't matter as well if you tell them anyway its no big deal..........its nice to work while waiting for the visa in hand for as long you are free at any time when you called upon for interview. So I guess its all down to your choice.................So whatever of those three options...it doesn't afftect any, that is your choice , you can still keep on going with the application while working anyway just be sure that you have everything in order before taking into a big step. I had a friend who just departed to Ausie, she was still working until the end of the process..........So any i guess is best.....

for my own choices among the three...i better have to quit before applying and concentrate more on the process........cleared up everything before committing any......don't give the ECO a chance to doubt to issue you one.......best to clear out ahead...and then at any time if you call upon for interview you are free at any time with no farther questions involves with your employment, just on the safe side... focus your goal and aim up to get a visa if you both much eager to get one...

anyway thats only my opinion.....you know better than any..........okay...good luck..

Quote Originally Posted by -_-pinay View Post
    Got maried third quarter of 2006
    took you a while to apply for a visa, but not as long as me

as for working, once you get your visa, you better give work notice, and be in the uk within 28 days after the start date on your visa, or it will cost your hubby more money and form filling in 2yrs time

Welcome Pinay, I'm quite new to the site myself! If you haven't already. . . you should just add his house title deeds or rent agreement to your list of documents to support your evidence there is adequate accommodation. Thanks Joe Bloggs, didn't know about needing to be here within 28 days of start of visa. As I posted earlier, she is expecting to hear about her visa soon. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by joroco View Post
    didn't know about needing to be here within 28 days of start of visa.
    only for a spouse visa, so your wife needs to be in the uk within 28 days after the start date, because a spouse visa is only valid for 2yrs, and she will need to be in the uk at least 23 months to be able to apply for ILR, but if she enters the uk after the 28days, then there is a risk her visa has expired before she can apply, so you would have to apply for FLR until your wife has been in the uk 23 months, and you really dont want to waste, i think its £400 now ? and all the time and effort forming filling and collecting evidence again..

not worth it believe me

yeh.......thumbs up! correct! thanks for the info joe............................................

Goodluck to u Pinay, just read some posts here for sure u will get all the infos u need..and before i forget welcome to the forum..

Respected Member
    Hi, welcome to the forum!

You may look at my previous posts in this forum, they might be of help because my family applied for visa late last year and I think I listed down here all the things we did including the preparations, etc...

Thread Information