Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    im just back from the Phills,less than 3 weeks now. im met her online and went to see her after just 6 weeks,we stayed in the same hotel room,same bed (without sex) shes a born again christian, (and i wasnt there looking for sex) exactly what i looked for,she 38 years old,exactly what i looked for,i had offers from young things online but im a realist,im 59 what would a 20 year old want with me,i wasnt prepared to take the risk,anyway, we liked each other before the 15 days was over,and plan to get married, we are both adults,its no one business but ours ,and no shes not the most beautiful philippina ive ever seen but i like her,personality,physic,looks. she has no baggage that concerns me.why im telling this i dont know,except someone at the top of this thread says dont go for the first one you meet/see,y not? if your happy with each other. we are.
    Correct, Brian ... you're both mature and responsible adults - apart from which, the pair of you have exercised remarkable restraint in the sexual stakes!! There's nothing really I can add to the advice you've already received on this and other threads ... except to you to the forum and extend my very best wishes with your plans for a happy future together.

Banned
    I have to agree with Keith's starting post. Life is hard enough as it is without making it harder for yourself. Its made all the easier with this internet dating. You know what you are getting before you fall for them. Or take the advice of Graham 48 and find yourself an orphan The women can do likewise, is he single divorced does he have a job Does he have kids etc etc. Is he in a position to get me a visa. Its a two way thing, not just for the guys. We are all responsible for our actions.

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Ah an interesting post which explains your interest in the Marriage process

Did you also meet the family and visit her home? What does she do for her she came home just b4 christmas for an 8 week break,thats the reason i went tpliving?
    i met her older sister, whos home she stays in,because she/my g/f has been working in Saudi for the last 7 years,as a domestic,she came home to the phills just b4 christmas 2010 for an 8 week break (the first time home in those 7 years) thats thr reason i went to the phills when i did,so we could meet up, she was supposed to go back to saudi at the beginning of Feb this year, i and her sister asked her not to go back cause if she did she would have to stay there for another 2 years,she didnt go back. ive also met her nephew and neice,thats all the family she has in Butuan, except for an odd aunt or cousin or whatever,shes actually comes from Koronadal. but no i didnt go to the sisters house in Butuan. they came to the hotel.

Not far from my missus who was born in Parang Magindanoa Its brilliant Brian as you say no baggage to hold you up and your good lady is able to travel easily as shes been away 8 years already and she is a worker and independant no dependants almost as good as an orphan
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Quote Originally Posted by keithangel View Post
    not far from my missus who was born in parang magindanoa its brilliant brian as you say no baggage to hold you up and your good lady is able to travel easily as shes been away 8 years already and she is a worker and independant no dependants almost as good as an orphan
    lol.

Amen!!!But just like to clarify boss Keith not all filipina women let their fiance pay for everything---annulment,kids and family n the phil...I remember i had to pay fpr my annulment,work abroad for me n my kid.Im quite lucky to have amazing parents brought me up well n taught me that you have to be independent n never be a burden to someone.I do think it depends on the person and how ure brought up...

Exactly it also applies to the man a filipina is dating from the UK

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    I have to agree with Keith's starting post. Life is hard enough as it is without making it harder for yourself. Its made all the easier with this internet dating. You know what you are getting before you fall for them. Or take the advice of Graham 48 and find yourself an orphan The women can do likewise, is he single divorced does he have a job Does he have kids etc etc. Is he in a position to get me a visa. Its a two way thing, not just for the guys. We are all responsible for our actions.

Banned
    Nice one Queen Bee. Good to see you again. I know many fil lady have led there man up the garden path, the same can be said about the man, giving false hope, when in fact they nothing to offer, thus leading to heart ache all around.

Amen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    i mean, is it ok for me to seek advice on this forum? Because i would hate to put anyone out. I'm sure some of you cuddled up watching coronation street with your filipina wives were in need of advice and support at sometime. I'm sure that, in the days when a few thousand miles separated you from your new love, there were people telling you it was a bad idea. This forum would put you with people in a similar situation - but even then, your relationship is not free from the scrutiny of the masses that chose the "right" filipina simply because she had no baggage. Maybe the "right" filipina was the one that you turned away simply for having a kid. Maybe that is the relationship that would have made you happiest - and maybe that relationship would have been worth the extra effort?

After all, there are instances of young filipinas running off with the first window cleaner they find, so you had better clean your own windows now my friends. And there are instances of the older man seeking a new younger model when the filipina gets over the age of 25. So, better stop aging. Everything has it's risks. But, to be honest, i don't need anyone to tell me that this sort of relationship is tough. I kind of figured that out myself. What i need is people that can help me in the visa process, annulment process etc. But, if that is niggling at the administrators, i can go off and work that sort of thing out for myself.

Amen!!!

Totally agree!

Good to be back again!Was quite busy with things..Anywayzzz the bottomline is both of you love each other genuinely,whatever your background is.Every person has issues,we're all not perfect.Anywayzzz hope you guys are all well!Missed a lot of pips hre.Its gonna be my third time to go back to the UK but this time fiance.Mr Gwapito should i use the VAF1F form for that????

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    Nice one Queen Bee. Good to see you again. I know many fil lady have led there man up the garden path, the same can be said about the man, giving false hope, when in fact they nothing to offer, thus leading to heart ache all around.

Banned
    I got no idea QueenBee Im using a hand held device at the moment, its not as quick as my pc at home, in fact its a total dog of a tool, otherwise I would have a look for you. Hopefully another member could do you the honours. God bless!

Banned
    Good news you are getting the FV this time around, at least you both made sure its the right thing to do I think the 6 months to make your mind up is way too short a time period. It can be hard enough adjusting to eachothers ways, let alone the adjustment from being away from home and family. I hope it all works out for you Queenbee

Wow.... threads had over 6000 views
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Can you move this to another thread.... this is a STICKY and not a thread for problems.

Start a NEW thread this is not a discussion thread, all none relevant posts will be deleted. Thank you.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    I already moved the posts regarding CNI to this thread http://filipinaroses.com/showthread....-CNI-Questions
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by joroco View Post
    Keith Angel. It's ten brothers and sisters with me, plus mama and papa. And they live ONLY TWO HUNDRED YARDS AWAY from us!!
    wow!

Ady, I just want to hug you. You are so right in every word!

Respected Member

Sheriel from Leyte

I am trully amazed,reading the replies,for me Filipina ladies are the best and most trustworthy in the World.

Trusted Member
    'Anything you say may be taken down and given in evidence'...at a later date.

There's good and bad everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by sheriel View Post
    I am trully amazed,reading the replies,for me Filipina ladies are the best and most trustworthy in the World.
    Based on..............

Especially the ones that have scammed members here over the years

Have you dated different women from different nationalities to compare?Your words suggest not pinays are as devious,scheming,and scamming as any other women on the face of the planet,women are women,pinays arent a seperate sub-species

Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again. But life goes on.
    The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the passion that she shows to the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Or, alternatively, you could find a girlfriend in the UK? I mean, if you want absolutely NO HASSLE - BRITISH GIRLS DONT NEED A VISA. Maybe an old school friend, a work colleague, go speed dating?

My girlfriend I chose because of who she is. I knew full well that she had a kid, that she was separated from her husband, and that it would be a lengthy process to get her to the UK. I wish so deeply that she was in the UK already - that she wasn't a resident of a country with Draconian marriage laws. She made bad choices in her life - we all have - but she didn't choose to be abandoned, and she didn't choose to be Filipina and have no right to divorce.

It seems that some people here chose their wife simply for being a Filipina. And then they decide to take the moral high ground when advising us about getting girls with baggage. I have met resistance amongst my friends for the relationship I am now in. Those people are no longer my friends - racist jibes about Mail Order Brides pee me off. This board is an oasis, but there are some prejudices here too. "Don't go with married woman" - despite the fact that she has been abandoned to bring up a young daughter on 1500 pesos a week.

Actually, Sheila was the first Filipina I spoke to. But, to be honest, I was not looking for a Filipina girlfriend. We met at a time when my father was recovering from a life saving operation. We feared that he would die. I met Sheila, and she helped me through that tough time. Then, within two months, I was pressured at work, having to travel 200 miles daily to Lichfield, and being threatened with being locked in an office until my work was completed. How I would have coped without someone to talk to as a friend, that Sheila was at that time, I would never know. A nervous breakdown seemed possible, according to my parents.

It doesn't matter to me if Sheila is married, has kids, is Filipina, is British. I looked much deeper than that. And she looked deeper too. She had friends in the net before - that were attracted to her simply for being Filipina. She appreciated that I didn't have that "Asian fetish" that disgusts her. One guy, an American, declared his love to her - but warned her that she would have to be quick because he had many Asian girls on his list. That is, to be honest, pathetic. In fact, she asked me if I was attracted to Asians like all the other guys she knew before. I can honestly say I am not attracted to Asians, Filipinas. I am attracted to beautiful girls, I am only human, regardless of skin colour. But I always choose my girlfriends based on personality, and intelligence. She is, by far, the greatest person I have ever met.

We both know it is going to be hard - expensive, timely. I know you are just making advice, but please remember, we are not all pigeon-holed as guys that want a Filipina as a wife only. If things went wrong for me and Sheila (it is possible, but we are fighting for it not to be) I will continue to support her financially, especially her daughter's education - because I love her daughter too. I won't go hunting for another Filipina, because I am not that way inclined.

Sorry for the outburst, but everywhere I look people are telling me I am wasting my time for something that will not succeed.
    amen brother im in the same boat

many of us on here have not had an easy ride, but we get there in the end

giving up can be the easy option sometimes
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    I wonder, why most of you guys interested to marry a married person? There is alot of single woman there who are still innocents and has no baggage.

This is only my point of view...if you plan to marry the married person(I mean woman) ...I think its much better if you check first her marriage life history. If she is honest on her marriage to her husband or not (infidelity issues). To avoid any heartache and headache in the future.

Trusted Member
    MOST of us guys ?

Don't think so.

...but I appreciate your point of view.

I'm less inclined to get involved with a Filipina who is either still 'separated' or who already has children...simply because I can do without the extra hassle in my old age.

Done that already.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Or, alternatively, you could find a girlfriend in the UK? I mean, if you want absolutely NO HASSLE - BRITISH GIRLS DONT NEED A VISA. Maybe an old school friend, a work colleague, go speed dating?

My girlfriend I chose because of who she is. I knew full well that she had a kid, that she was separated from her husband, and that it would be a lengthy process to get her to the UK. I wish so deeply that she was in the UK already - that she wasn't a resident of a country with Draconian marriage laws. She made bad choices in her life - we all have - but she didn't choose to be abandoned, and she didn't choose to be Filipina and have no right to divorce.

It seems that some people here chose their wife simply for being a Filipina. And then they decide to take the moral high ground when advising us about getting girls with baggage. I have met resistance amongst my friends for the relationship I am now in. Those people are no longer my friends - racist jibes about Mail Order Brides pee me off. This board is an oasis, but there are some prejudices here too. "Don't go with married woman" - despite the fact that she has been abandoned to bring up a young daughter on 1500 pesos a week.

Actually, Sheila was the first Filipina I spoke to. But, to be honest, I was not looking for a Filipina girlfriend. We met at a time when my father was recovering from a life saving operation. We feared that he would die. I met Sheila, and she helped me through that tough time. Then, within two months, I was pressured at work, having to travel 200 miles daily to Lichfield, and being threatened with being locked in an office until my work was completed. How I would have coped without someone to talk to as a friend, that Sheila was at that time, I would never know. A nervous breakdown seemed possible, according to my parents.

It doesn't matter to me if Sheila is married, has kids, is Filipina, is British. I looked much deeper than that. And she looked deeper too. She had friends in the net before - that were attracted to her simply for being Filipina. She appreciated that I didn't have that "Asian fetish" that disgusts her. One guy, an American, declared his love to her - but warned her that she would have to be quick because he had many Asian girls on his list. That is, to be honest, pathetic. In fact, she asked me if I was attracted to Asians like all the other guys she knew before. I can honestly say I am not attracted to Asians, Filipinas. I am attracted to beautiful girls, I am only human, regardless of skin colour. But I always choose my girlfriends based on personality, and intelligence. She is, by far, the greatest person I have ever met.

We both know it is going to be hard - expensive, timely. I know you are just making advice, but please remember, we are not all pigeon-holed as guys that want a Filipina as a wife only. If things went wrong for me and Sheila (it is possible, but we are fighting for it not to be) I will continue to support her financially, especially her daughter's education - because I love her daughter too. I won't go hunting for another Filipina, because I am not that way inclined.

Sorry for the outburst, but everywhere I look people are telling me I am wasting my time for something that will not succeed.
    well said that man may I just add that a philippina that has had a rough relationship in the past and cant afford to escape her previous husband has a right to be happy like anybody else blame the catholic church for that nonsense

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information