Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by gracia143 View Post
    You're absolutely right Somebody.

Glad your family is expanding Joe, congratulations! It's tough having an extended family but it pays off I think. It makes me really pleased with myself when I am sending something, sometimes I get abused and they keep asking more and more but I am learning to say no now although not often.
    Be like me Grace - skint!

Al.
    Pressed rat and warthog closed down their shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    We've had a lot of folk passing through here over the years, and one thing that niggles a lot of the long term member's are those that pick women with more baggage than Terminal 5

Now these relationships can, and do work out fine, no problem with that. But why get heavily involved with the first Filipina you find, which is the case most of the time, and before you know it you are sending money over every month, paying out £1000's for an annulment, which can take 2 years in some case, have to figure out how to get the kids here, or pay for the schooling in the Phil......the list can go on.

Or you can talk to a few Filipina's as friends, find out which ones have no baggage, you do have the choice of 10,000's of them, so you must be able to find ONE!!

It is much easier, cheaper and quicker to get a visa, and your women to the UK if she is not already married, does not have kids, etc. You can get it all done in a few months for the minimum cost.

Now their is nothing wrong with Filipina ladies with baggage, we all have some, I have enough to fill an A380 (twice ), but keep it in mind about what you are getting yourself into.

Well, I guess it depends on the woman too. If she is a lazy, couch potato gal who does nothing but wait until the next remittance arrives, then men who get this kind are, I believe, unlucky.

I am a teacher, teaching both English and Cebuano, making a living, and not depending on my man. I just had my annulment process started 2 months ago at my own expense. And my man is not sending me a monthly allowance.

Banned
    oh my... my fiance is so so lucky to have me then... no baggage whatsoever.. even with cousins or the clan... lucky bloke! LOL

Banned
    When I was looking for a man to marry, my criteria is: NO BAGGAGE

He must have no children below 18 but widower with infant maybe alright

Hubby was the same looking for a lady without baggage.

He must be lucky having me too

I would never call my kid "Baggage",besides if your placing a list of criteria is that leading to genuine love?Genuine love has no limits surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I would never call my kid "Baggage",besides if your placing a list of criteria is that leading to genuine love?Genuine love has no limits surely?
    Exactly! Loving someone genuinely is like having a package deal, loving both good and bad, desirable and undesirable, accepting everything about the person.

I would say this is just how I see what loving someone means.

If he snored in bed, because you love him, it would sound like music to your ears. If he got too busy to take shower, you would find him having the natural smell, not revolting. If he farted in front of the airconditioner, you would just say, "Oh Honey, you couldn't hold it much longer, but it's ok." If he called you stupid, you would just say, "That's why I love you!"

I am a Filipina and I will love my man till the end.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SurvivingAngel View Post
    If he called you stupid,
    beat the crap out of him you don't let your man call you stupid and get away with it

I dont know about the utot part surviving angel But the internet is an artificial environment in which to meet someone,I would never stipulate no baggage,whats the classification of "Baggage"?Kids?Kids rent baggage,kids are blessings,they are the cogs in the machine,the cement that binds the bricks together,the wheels that make the bike go forward If your ruling out "Baggage" then your placing a check-list on love,and isnt love about electricity,spark,instant attraction?Ever been in a market place,caught someones eye,held the gaze for longer than normal and felt a shiver?Thats attraction,its an undefinable quality,the animal magnetism that leads to love

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    beat the crap out of him you don't let your man call you stupid and get away with it
    It's just one of my examples, Sophie. It does not necessarily mean that he did call me stupid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawi2 View Post
    I dont know about the utot part surviving angel But the internet is an artificial environment in which to meet someone,I would never stipulate no baggage,whats the classification of "Baggage"?Kids?Kids rent baggage,kids are blessings,they are the cogs in the machine,the cement that binds the bricks together,the wheels that make the bike go forward If your ruling out "Baggage" then your placing a check-list on love,and isnt love about electricity,spark,instant attraction?Ever been in a market place,caught someones eye,held the gaze for longer than normal and felt a shiver?Thats attraction,its an undefinable quality,the animal magnetism that leads to love
    ahhhh... Tawi... truly poetic... ideal... great mind... you must be shakespeare's reincarnation

Banned
    If he farted in front of the airconditioner,

Sounds like first hand experience.......

In front of the Aircon, huh...???

It takes "Sharing" to new and unexplored dizzy heights....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Sounds like first hand experience.......

In front of the Aircon, huh...???

It takes "Sharing" to new and unexplored dizzy heights....
    Hahahahahaha.... It's true, ask him, hahahahaha.... Keith, peace???

Respected Member
    It's just one of my examples, Sophie. It does not necessarily mean that he did call me stupid.
    I know This is also one of my example, more of an advice to women if ever their men call them stupid, there should be consequences so men are not encouraged to do it again.

it will succeed if you want it to, love will always find a way. trust in your love for her and
    her love for you

It doesn't matter what baggage (I would use the word 'challenges') your partner has, have optimism in everything you do. Optimism takes you everywhere, pessimism takes you nowhere!

There are 7 Planes Of Existance:

7 — Material Plane: The earth, where you are right now.
    6 — Plane of Forces
    5 — Astral Plane
    4 — Mental Plane
    3 — Too mysterious to describe.
    2 — Too mysterious to describe.
    1 — Too mysterious to describe.

If your with your woman in the supermarket or airport and she is struggling what do you do?You carry her baggage because she is your woman,similarly in life if she is your woman you accept whoever and whatever she is or was,thats a better choice of word Nigel.....Challenges

Banned
    i said i would never get married again i also said i would not take on an english women with a kid ,and i still maintain that but i am getting married in june and my babe has a 3 year old that thinks i am his dad so how much baggage is a little 3 year old filipino boy ?????

I DONT SUBSCRIBE TO THIS OOOOO IT WAS LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT love is something that you build it either grows or it does not and well if the women had lots of baggage nothing would grow SORRY

But i also understand the context of the original post all i will say is theres plenty of cherries on the tree

Banned
    One guy, an American, declared his love to her - but warned her that she would have to be quick because he had many Asian girls on his list.

If the guy tell me such thing I'll be gone quick! very discouraging to hear that. he sounds like a guy who has a self esteem issue. only a loser guy who talks like that to a woman. did he really think these Asian women in his list likes him because he's handsome,young and a good hearted? or these women just like him because of the green card, easy ticket to US?

even a guy in a wheel chair can have a young and pretty woman from the third world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    You can't really help who you fall in love with.

But if the person you love carries baggage, and you are not prepared to accept this, then you have no business in starting a relationship with that person.

So in a sense it is matter of being mature and committed enough to enbark on such a relationship.
    The baggage lady??
    its ur choice and decision..

It's either you take it, accept and live with it or simply..
    just leave it...

Go figure..
    "Honesty is probably the sexiest and the priceless thing man can give a woman"

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Or, valternatively, you could find a girlfriend in the UK? I mean, if you want absolutely NO HASSLE - BRITISH GIRLS DONT NEED A VISA. Maybe an old school friend, a work colleague, go speed dating?

My girlfriend I chose because of who she is. I knew full well that she had a kid, that she was separated from her husband, and that it would be a lengthy process to get her to the UK. I wish so deeply that she was in the UK already - that she wasn't a resident of a country with Draconian marriage laws. She made bad choices in her life - we all have - but she didn't choose to be abandoned, and she didn't choose to be Filipina and have no right to divorce.

It seems that some people here chose their wife simply for being a Filipina. And then they decide to take the moral high ground when advising us about getting girls with baggage. I have met resistance amongst my friends for the relationship I am now in. Those people are no longer my friends - racist jibes about Mail Order Brides pee me off. This board is an oasis, but there are some prejudices here too. "Don't go with married woman" - despite the fact that she has been abandoned to bring up a young daughter on 1500 pesos a week.

Actually, Sheila was the first Filipina I spoke to. But, to be honest, I was not looking for a Filipina girlfriend. We met at a time when my father was recovering from a life saving operation. We feared that he would die. I met Sheila, and she helped me through that tough time. Then, within two months, I was pressured at work, having to travel 200 miles daily to Lichfield, and being threatened with being locked in an office until my work was completed. How I would have coped without someone to talk to as a friend, that Sheila was at that time, I would never know. A nervous breakdown seemed possible, according to my parents.

It doesn't matter to me if Sheila is married, has kids, is Filipina, is British. I looked much deeper than that. And she looked deeper too. She had friends in the net before - that were attracted to her simply for being Filipina. She appreciated that I didn't have that "Asian fetish" that disgusts her. One guy, an American, declared his love to her - but warned her that she would have to be quick because he had many Asian girls on his list. That is, to be honest, pathetic. In fact, she asked me if I was attracted to Asians like all the other guys she knew before. I can honestly say I am not attracted to Asians, Filipinas. I am attracted to beautiful girls, I am only human, regardless of skin colour. But I always choose my girlfriends based on personality, and intelligence. She is, by far, the greatest person I have ever met.

We both know it is going to be hard - expensive, timely. I know you are just making advice, but please remember, we are not all pigeon-holed as guys that want a Filipina as a wife only. If things went wrong for me and Sheila (it is possible, but we are fighting for it not to be) I will continue to support her financially, especially her daughter's education - because I love her daughter too. I won't go hunting for another Filipina, because I am not that way inclined.

Sorry for the outburst, but everywhere I look people are telling me I am wasting my time for something that will not succeed.
    your partner is very lucky.i got 2 kids,im 22..and my partner isnt responsible.thats why im not foreseeing any future with him. Btw,we're not married. But im not here to meet a brit guy wit mucho dinero,im here 'cos i applied for a student visa.well basically my point is that,single moms dont look for love wit foreigners mainly so their economic stat would improve,its just that some filipino men are dumb-and we dont wana live like that anymore.then we move on. I dunno,i just wanna say it.

Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Im not sure there is any such thing as an unbagged Filipino if its not the kids
    and parents its the 8 brothers and sisters and their kids lets face it we like a challenge and something to moan about with each other
    Of course there are!!! Single, no kids, no responsibility in the Philippines, not to mention, doesn't need British men to enter the UK.

Respected Member
    thing is you cant help who you fall for and in my case for the older guy i would feel very uneasy getting involved with someone very much younger than myself and i cant think of anyone that i know thats near my own age that has no baggage just my observation in my case i'm not saying that a older guy with a younger girl is wrong but for me it is i want to have something in common with my mahal

Trusted Member
    As for me....I just lurrrve those young Fillys, and wouldn't dream of chasing someone anywhere near my own age .

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcatbone View Post
    thing is you cant help who you fall for and in my case for the older guy i would feel very uneasy getting involved with someone very much younger than myself and i cant think of anyone that i know thats near my own age that has no baggage just my observation in my case i'm not saying that a older guy with a younger girl is wrong but for me it is i want to have something in common with my mahal
    your perception is correct but not all young filipinas will feel uneasiness with older men. Some of them may choose older men because they would think older men will seriously take the relationship. If only you will know that philippine brides don't choose a man, then for sure you're perception towards younger women will change.

im just back from the Phills,less than 3 weeks now. im met her online and went to see her after just 6 weeks,we stayed in the same hotel room,same bed (without sex) shes a born again christian, (and i wasnt there looking for sex) exactly what i looked for,she 38 years old,exactly what i looked for,i had offers from young things online but im a realist,im 59 what would a 20 year old want with me,i wasnt prepared to take the risk,anyway, we liked each other before the 15 days was over,and plan to get married,we are both adults,its no one business but ours,and no shes not the most beautiful philippina ive ever seen but i like her,personality,physic,looks. she has no baggage that concerns me.why im telling this i dont know,except someone at the top of this thread says dont go for the first one you meet/see,y not? if your happy with each other. we are.

Quote Originally Posted by briancol View Post
    im just back from the Phills,less than 3 weeks now. im met her online and went to see her after just 6 weeks,we stayed in the same hotel room,same bed (without sex) shes a born again christian, (and i wasnt there looking for sex) exactly what i looked for,she 38 years old,exactly what i looked for,i had offers from young things online but im a realist,im 59 what would a 20 year old want with me,i wasnt prepared to take the risk,anyway, we liked each other before the 15 days was over,and plan to get married,we are both adults,its no one business but ours,and no shes not the most beautiful philippina ive ever seen but i like her,personality,physic,looks. she has no baggage that concerns me.why im telling this i dont know,except someone at the top of this thread says dont go for the first one you meet/see,y not? if your happy with each other. we are.
    Ah an interesting post which explains your interest in the Marriage process

Did you also meet the family and visit her home? What does she do for her living?
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    Ah an interesting post which explains your interest in the Marriage process

Did you also meet the family and visit her home? What does she do for her living?
    Totally irrelevant questions and comments it is up to briancol and I think he explained it quite clearly on post # 55

I oftenly find like Brian a question or two expands my understanding of course no one needs answer Dead about anything they dont want to.

Brian and I have been engaged in a few questions and answers this week on another thread

Thanks for your imput
    Absit invidia

DISCLAIMER: The information hereinabove may or may not be entirely accurate, relevant, forthright, verifiable, or coherent. KeithAngel, who shall herein be refered to as the 'Shining Beacon of Light', reserves the right to neither confirm, deny, justify, explain, or otherwise acknowledge any inquiry in regards to the validity, genuinity, construction, intent, and/or motive of any statements, gestures, and/or actions whether real, imagined, or transdimensional in origin. Further, the 'Shining Beacon of Light' shall be absolved of any and all legal, moral, and financial responsibilities for damages to life, limb, character, reputation, property, and/or business resulting from the usage, assimilation, incorporation, replication, and/or distribution of said statements whether partial, complete, misquoted, or imagined. This disclaimer remains in effect despite any discrepancies or claims as to its legibility, comprehension, interpretation, subliminal suggestiveness, political affiliation, legality, visibility, and/or physical presence

Banned
    You 2 are so funny

Quote Originally Posted by gWaPito View Post
    You 2 are so funny
    I know
    Absit invidia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information