Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Unhappy Good Day To All...

GOOD DAY TO ALL,

I AM A STUDENT VISA HOLDER HERE IN LONDON, MY VISA WILL EXPIRE THIS YEAR (LESS THAN 8 MONTHS).

I JUST GOT MARRIED IN FEB 2008, AND MY WIFE APPLIED FOR A VISA AS MY DEPENDANT. SHE SUBMITTED HER DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH MY SUPPORTING PAPERS IN MARCH 31, 20089("all complete documents"). THEY SAID IT WILL TAKE 15 WORKING DAYS, BUT NOW ITS BEEN 6 WEEKS, WE STILL GOT NO REPLY ON THE EMBASSY. WE PHONE THEM AFTER 15 WORKING DAYS AND THEY SAID TRY TO WAIT TILL THE END OF APRIL. (SO TO MAKE IT SHORT WE WAITED FOR A MONTH)
    BUT NOW IT'S ALREADY MAY 15. AND STILL GOT NO RESULT. I E-MAILED THE VISA APPLICATION CENTER, AND THEY SAID THAT MY WIFE VISA IS ON PROCESS.

THE QUESTION IS IN THIS CASE DO WE STILL EXPECT A POSITIVE RESULTS?
    ARE THEY STILL GOING TO GIVE HER A DEPENDANT VISA KNOWING I GOT LESS THAN 8 MONTHS TO STAY HERE IN LONDON?
    IS IT COMMON TO WAIT FOR A LONG TIME LIKE THIS?

PLEASE HELP ME ON THIS ONE WE ARE GETTING FRUSTRATED.

Banned
    Welcome to FilipinoUK.

Please DON'T use CAPITALS as its considered SHOUTING on forum, and it's harder to read.

Thanks.

Hi, welcome Jacobe!
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

welcome

how long was your visa for ?

Hello Jacobe

Since you have not received a reply to your message, I will answer it for you, it appears you are in London on a student visa, student visa's in my mind do not qualify for obtaining entry clearance to the United Kingdom, for this to occur, you must be someone settled in the United Kingdom, who has sufficient means to support their wife without recourse to public funds or in need of pubicly funded accomodation.

Since you are in our country on a student visa, I fail to see why you thought you were entitled to apply for a visa for your new wife to enter the country, student visa's are not working visa's and therefore, if your wife is granted an entry clearance visa, I would have thought it would be a miracle.

The fact that you have not heard as yet is most likely due to the procedures of checking out your cirumstances, however if you do receive a visa for your wife, good on you, all I can say at this stage is best of luck, you will receive an answer at some stage, since you have made an application.

in many aspects a dependant of a visa holder has more 'rights' than the sponsor... in the case of a student visa, not limited to working only 20hrs a week..

thats if she will be allowed to work, with only 8 months left, i don't know..

you will have to wait and see, no one knows what the result will be...

welcome

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thank you for your time on aswering my questions.

I would like to address this 1st to "ginapeterb", If you are going to read some articles regarding on our privilege as a international student we can get our spouse and they called it STUDENT DEPENDANT VISA, try to check VFA3 application pls.(for extra knowledge to share) Regarding on financial support my parents are citizen of this country in which they also send a supporting letter for my wife addressed to the British Embassy in Manila. And I am aware of the law, I respect the law of this country so I will not run to the govenrment for any support or what so ever.

And to joebloggs I agree with you in that matter, but they only give work permit if you got 12 months visa, less than that I guess... nothing. If we are going to count the months starting on june and end up in november its about 6 months.

In this forum I did not get the answers on my questions... So I guess I have to post the question again. Thanks!!!

and to the moderator, I am very sorry for I am not aware to this kind of rules...

Once again thank you to all who checked my post and welcomed me! God bless...

I AM A STUDENT VISA HOLDER HERE IN LONDON, MY VISA WILL EXPIRE THIS YEAR (LESS THAN 8 MONTHS).

I JUST GOT MARRIED IN FEB 2008, AND MY WIFE APPLIED FOR A VISA AS MY DEPENDANT. SHE SUBMITTED HER DOCUMENTS ALONG WITH MY SUPPORTING PAPERS IN MARCH 31, 20089("all complete documents"). THEY SAID IT WILL TAKE 15 WORKING DAYS, BUT NOW ITS BEEN 6 WEEKS, WE STILL GOT NO REPLY ON THE EMBASSY. WE PHONE THEM AFTER 15 WORKING DAYS AND THEY SAID TRY TO WAIT TILL THE END OF APRIL. (SO TO MAKE IT SHORT WE WAITED FOR A MONTH)
    BUT NOW IT'S ALREADY MAY 15. AND STILL GOT NO RESULT. I E-MAILED THE VISA APPLICATION CENTER, AND THEY SAID THAT MY WIFE VISA IS ON PROCESS.

THE QUESTION IS IN THIS CASE DO WE STILL EXPECT A POSITIVE RESULTS?
    ARE THEY STILL GOING TO GIVE HER A DEPENDANT VISA KNOWING I GOT LESS THAN 8 MONTHS TO STAY HERE IN LONDON?
    IS IT COMMON TO WAIT FOR A LONG TIME LIKE THIS?

hope ure not shouting on us?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobe View Post
    In this forum I did not get the answers on my questions... So I guess I have to post the question again. Thanks!!!
    because people either have no experience of being in your situation or your asking a question that no one can give you a definate answer to, it depends on the case worker, as some case workers are more rigorous than others, and some applicant profiles invite more scrutiny than others.

also it helps if you provide as much infomation as possible, i asked you how long your visa was for 1yr,2yrs etc ??

i don't think there is any reason on the time you have left on your visa, why they would refuse her, but becuase you have less than a year left of your visa, she might be refused the right to work if she is granted a visa, but time is slowly going against you..

the only answer anyone can give you, is you will have to sit and wait.. just like with most visa apps

Hello Jacobe once again,

I think Joebloggs has hit the nail on the head, we do not pretend to be experts here on this forum regarding every single case or situaton that is put to us as a question, given the limited information you gave, and given that 99 per cent of questions we receive here are regarding relationship visa's, you could forgive us for not being 100 per cent up to date with student dependant visa's.

You are quite within your rights to have a pop at me that is (ginapeterb) my name is Pete by the way if you wish to address your reklamo to me, however, why should I bother reading up on student dependant visa's, with respect to you, (notwithstanding your situation is a top priority to you) it is not a priority to me, nor do I have any interest in such a visa, hence you will not see me scrambling to read the relevant rules on it.

With regard to your parents support, no one here is suggesting you would seek to rely on HM Government for financial assitance with your wife, we are merely trying to put to you the rules as we know them.

I see no point in your question being repeated since in truth, no one probably knows the definitive answer, with regard to your wife being granted entry clearance to come and live with you in the UK, I am sure many here will wish you well, if she qualifies within the existing rules, then she will be entitled to a visa.

If the entry clearance officer reviewing your case does not believe she qualifies then you will be informed accordingly, as you have clearly paid an application fee, you will be entitled to full consideration and an answer given in due course, of that you can be guaranteed.

Also would you refrain from using block capital letters in your questions, the reason is this: block capitals indicates the writer is shouting at his or her audience"

Internet protocol on asynchronous bulletin boards lists block capitals as shouting, something of which seeks to create flaming spirals.

I agree to pete , walesrob, kimmi and joe

set your words into small .....we hear you already..no need to shout..........plus real hard to read jacobe, be pity to the moderators.... (peace).............

whats He Say......speak Up Young Man

Hi and welcome here

Hi I wish you and your wife luck but think as in most things visa's seem to be a waiting game there is no way of knowing how long they will take, it all lies in the hands of who is prosessing (I know I didn't spell that word right lol) them.

Welcome to the forum Jacobe, best wishes to you.

Paul

Thread Information