Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

passport amendment or to renew?

If i do have to ammend my passport using my married name as i am going to apply for a spouse settlement visa soon no, do i have to use the married name in filling up the visa form after done the ammendment or just still the maiden name even if i got the amendment done if ever coz that is what written on the passport as ive known that in amendment they only just put a handwritten note detailing that you are married to that specified person and complete details of your new married name....

unlike if you have to renew you really get a new freshy passsport with your married name. But i still have 2yrs of use before my old one expires that is why amendment is only what i can do for now.....or do i have to stay it all that way not even worrying of too much of those ammendment thing but am afraid if it gets complicated later after..................... what is best way to? thanks .....please let me hear ur response right away if some of you guys have the chance to.

Ann

note: i still have 2yrs of use before it expires i got it last 2005 and it expires on 2010 and no even single stamp on it as i never had any chance yet to travel anywhere around...thank you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by marylen View Post
    note: i still have 2yrs of use before it expires i got it last 2005 and it expires on 2010 and no even single stamp on it as i never had any chance yet to travel anywhere around...thank you
    Before applying, my wife Jet had the name on the Passport amended.
    It makes the application so much easier.

hi marylen!

your passport situation is same as mine which will also expire by 2010, i did renew it instead of having it amended only for the following reasons:

1. to update my passport with the biometric type, coz as what i've heard after 2010, old passport wont be honored anymore
    2. to extend the expiration of my passport to another 5yrs. after renewing it, coz expiration date of passport wont change if it was only amended
    3. to avoid further confusions & complications, so that by the time i will buy flight tickets when i fly to UK, i will then be using my married name as whats reflected in the renewed passport.

Good Luck!

when you have done to ammend the passport as your married name..is that what you gonna used as well in filling up the spouse visa form , tickets using the married name? or still used the single name even you have the ammendment thing.?

Banned
    use the married name....completely as simple as that...forget all about the single name...ur not single anymore

when you have done to ammend the passport as your married name..is that what you gonna used as well in filling up the spouse visa form , tickets using the married name? or still used the single name even you have the ammendment thing.?
    if ur passport is not yet expired and ure married already then all u need to do is to ammend ur passport and then if it's ammended already then of course u have to use ur married name already..thats why it is called "passport ammendment"..

Respected Member sweet_cookie08's Avatar
    yes marylen, you will need to start using your married name once you have your new passport.

I'm planning to have my passport ammended next week because I'm still using my ex's surname on my passport. We were annulled already and just got married to my hubby so I better change my passport even if it is not yet expired. It will be good for your visa application. Your name written on your visa application should match what's written on your passport.

Just a question, are you done with CFO? I think you will need to do CFO first before you could ammend your passport.

i havent done my CFO yet but i will do it after i got my NSO then..

Banned
    i havent done my CFO yet but i will do it after i got my NSO then..
    Better apply for a CFO first as it is a requirement to ammend your passport. It doesn't matter if you still have 2 years, You can apply a new one or ammend.
    Cheer up! Goodluck!

how many days it took for you to have your new passport?
    thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    hi marylen!

your passport situation is same as mine which will also expire by 2010, i did renew it instead of having it amended only for the following reasons:

1. to update my passport with the biometric type, coz as what i've heard after 2010, old passport wont be honored anymore
    2. to extend the expiration of my passport to another 5yrs. after renewing it, coz expiration date of passport wont change if it was only amended
    3. to avoid further confusions & complications, so that by the time i will buy flight tickets when i fly to UK, i will then be using my married name as whats reflected in the renewed passport.

Good Luck!
    Grace

" Life is too short to be anything but happy."

Quote Originally Posted by gracia_006 View Post
    how many days it took for you to have your new passport?
    thanks !

depends where u live in a city or municipality but they say in manila 3-7 working days is the fastest way to get a passport but here in tacloban city took me 20 working days to get my passport which is the fastest. so long time but worthy..hehe

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Before applying, my wife Jet had the name on the Passport amended.
    It makes the application so much easier.
    Aromulus, what your wife put in her visa application, did she used her married name or what's in her passport.

Quote Originally Posted by Lina Mendoza View Post
    Aromulus, what your wife put in her visa application, did she used her married name or what's in her passport.
    This means, Aromulus (Dom) and his wife Jet are married before they made an application and so Jet ammended her passport to married name.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    This means, Aromulus (Dom) and his wife Jet are married before they made an application and so Jet ammended her passport to married name.
    I mean in the application of her spousal visa what family name she put on. As I know ammendment passport they dont change your name and passport number

if you done the ammendment thing surely you gonna write down the married name in your spouse visa application form..........just open it ready on the ammendment page on ur passport by the time you pass by the imimigration control .....thats what ive known what others did to.

Thread Information