Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Booking an appointment at visa application centre

Sorry if this has been answered on another thread, I've had a quick look and couldn't find the information I need.

I recently returned from my third trip to the Philippines to visit my girlfriend and whilst there we got engaged

If all goes smoothly our plan is for me to return in september or October for a 4th visit, bringing all the documentation i need so we can submit our application while I am there. Then, if successful, my fiancee will come and join me here early next year.

We will probably book our appointment through the website and I just wanted to know how it works. I assume you can select a date and time that's convenient for you and that you aren't just given the next avaliable appointment? If that's the case how far in advance do they accept bookings? Would it be too early for my fiancee to book an appointment for September or October in the next week or two?

While I'm posting this I just want to say a big thank you to the people who run this site and all the members who offer such excellent advice. It's already been a great help to me in making me aware from an early stage in my relationship how important it was to collect evidence of our relationship and I'm sure it's going to be invaluable to us in the coming months as we prepare our application.

hi fountainhead!

with regards to booking of appointment, its still too early if you book now, its better to book for an appointment 2 weeks before your scheduled/estimated date of submission, same as what i did.

You can visit http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/Appointment...ppWelcome.aspx
    here you can only book at highlighted dates

Good Luck to your application soon!

Quote Originally Posted by islander View Post
    hi fountainhead!

with regards to booking of appointment, its still too early if you book now, its better to book for an appointment 2 weeks before your scheduled/estimated date of submission, same as what i did.

very well said, sis..btw, Goodluck on ur application sis..

welcome to the forum Fountainhead..

hi fountainhead!

Hello,I need help again, I've been trying to book appointment to UKVACS but having trouble with this " please enter valid given name(s)".....I did many attempts and got the same error.I am so confused now, I made sure I spell it correctly as it is written in my passport.... please help me.... and thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by PAT View Post
    Hello,I need help again, I've been trying to book appointment to UKVACS but having trouble with this " please enter valid given name(s)".....I did many attempts and got the same error.I am so confused now, I made sure I spell it correctly as it is written in my passport.... please help me.... and thanks in advance.
    What is the exact error that you're getting PAT? The way I entered my name during my online appointment booking is I typed it in capital letters. Good thing I only have one first name so it's easy to type. For instance, if the name is JUAN MANUEL DELACRUZ then write it as is. Put JUAN MANUEL in the GIVEN NAMES(S) text box and DELACRUZ in the SURNAME text box How many times did you try?
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

Quote Originally Posted by menchkin View Post
    What is the exact error that you're getting PAT? The way I entered my name during my online appointment booking is I typed it in capital letters. Good thing I only have one first name so it's easy to type. For instance, if the name is JUAN MANUEL DELACRUZ then write it as is. Put JUAN MANUEL in the GIVEN NAMES(S) text box and DELACRUZ in the SURNAME text box How many times did you try?
    I tried more than 5 times already, and yes, it is all caps, I also tried to insert my middle name in full and in initial but still didnt work.I do not know what to do now....I pay visa fee yesterday noon time.Do you think it is the possible cause?

I tried more than 5 times already, and yes, it is all caps, I also tried to insert my middle name in full and in initial but still didnt work.I do not know what to do now....I pay visa fee yesterday noon time.Do you think it is the possible cause?
    I don't think it has something to do with when you paid your visa fee. From what I can recall, marylen also encountered the same problem during her online appointment booking and she eventually managed to have a successful transaction.

I went to the website and made an entry and it went through without any error. Can you try closing all your browsers and start again. Let's see what happens.
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

I closed everything, only the booking appointment was left and tried again but still no difference...

I closed everything, only the booking appointment was left and tried again but still no difference...
    Sorry to hear that. I don't know how I'll be able to help you make your online appointment booking successful. It's really weird coz I did not encounter that problem during my appointment scheduling and even now when I tried to book an appointment. Don't lose hope. Maybe tomorrow it will be okay already.
    Mench

thanks God menchkin, I got it now!!! thank you very very much for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.God bless you always!....

thanks God menchkin, I got it now!!! thank you very very much for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.God bless you always!....
    Yey, that's good to know that you finally able to set an appointment online. Make sure you already have all the required docs before you go to UKVACS.
    Mench

hi fountainhead!

Hello, I am confused why I cant book those not highlighted dates. Unfortunately, the date I prefer to get appointment is not highlighted. I am worried now don't know what to do. Please help.....! thank you in advance...

Hello, I am confused why I cant book those not highlighted dates. Unfortunately, the date I prefer to get appointment is not highlighted. I am worried now don't know what to do. Please help.....! thank you in advance...
    If you want to book a date that is not highlighted in the website, why not try to call the UKVACS call center and ask them if your preferred date is available. As what islander said, if you do it online you can only select from the dates highlighted.

Pat hi, It means that the date thats not highlighted is not available anymore.They have enough applicants already on that day. Better choose highlighted date. goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by angel2008 View Post
    Pat hi, It means that the date thats not highlighted is not available anymore.They have enough applicants already on that day. Better choose highlighted date. goodluck
    If thats the case, I cannot get appointment in the month of September. The highlighted dates are really impossible for me.Btw thanks for responding angel,God bless!

If you want to book a date that is not highlighted in the website, why not try to call the UKVACS call center and ask them if your preferred date is available. As what islander said, if you do it online you can only select from the dates highlighted.

Thanks for the suggestion menchkin, I will try to call them and see what I can do to get appointment with them.God bless you always.

all seems so very complicated now

"Days in the calendar which are not highlighted means that they are still not available. We open appointment slots 2 weeks before."""".....thats from VFS Philippine Help desk....

"Days in the calendar which are not highlighted means that they are still not available. We open appointment slots 2 weeks before."""".....thats from VFS Philippine Help desk....
    When do you plan to lodge your application?
    Mench

When do you plan to lodge your application?
    Hopefully second week of September....wish me luck!

Hopefully second week of September....wish me luck!
    You'll be fine don't worry too much. Pray and be patient in waiting.
    Mench

You'll be fine don't worry too much. Pray and be patient in waiting.
    Thanks menchkin, I really hope and pray....God bless!

preferred date and time for online appointment is usually available for the current week and next week.
    wait till the first week of september for available slots this 2nd week of september.

Quote Originally Posted by doonat View Post
    preferred date and time for online appointment is usually available for the current week and next week.
    wait till the first week of september for available slots this 2nd week of september.
    Thanks doonat, I try to prepare things now to the best as I can.

ur welcome pat! goodluck

Goodluck Pat

Thank you angel, I'm still waiting for their next post.

all the best! for u pat

Thanks Ana, hoping and praying are the best that I can do now! God bless us all!

Thread Information