Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_cookie08 View Post
    Im into IT and a QA/Test Analyst.
    another IT Geek

there are a few on here

Respected Member sweet_cookie08's Avatar
    thanks joeblogss.

should he need to mention in his letter this statement? "my wife would not need to recourse to public funds..etc".

just want to be sure of what to write in his letter. I'm gathering infos for him actually, summarizing all the things that i've read here about sponsorship letter. we dont want to get denied!

but with your help's guys I know I will get my visa with flying colours!.. I just need to be sure to pass all correct and complete docs to the embassy.

really??? lots of ITs here? wow!!!

My husband is into IT too. He's a developer to some financial company and I'm a QA.. well that's where we met, during our training in London when I was sent off there for a training..

thanks for helping me really

london well away from those people up norf
    Got a question sis Kimmi, should he also mention in his sponsor letter about my current work? Im into IT and a QA/Test Analyst. Should he mention in his letter that I will surely have a good job in the UK once I get there and would have high salary as well because my skills/work is indemand in the UK?

I didnt find anything in the link that you gave me that mentions the wife's work or skills.

thanks again sis!
    Yes well worth putting all experince and qualfications.

Your written english is very good, do you have any formal English qualfications also worth mentioning if you do as employers like to see them and shows you should have no problems working in the UK if your language skills are more than adequate.

Have you looked to see if potential employers are looking to hire? Well worth investigating if you could show you had a employer lined up or plenty of jobs avaiable then the eco can put an even bigger tick in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    another IT Greeks

there are a few on here
    hey

Το cWho συμπαθεί " I.T" και είναι ελληνικά εδώ;

hi andypaul!

nice to meet you too. i"m really enjoying it here.. it's past 2am here in the Philippines and i'm still up reading posts here

Thanks andypaul for the compliment. But I'm not still confident with my english :( that is one of my worries when I get there, you know I will be talking/conversing to a lot of foreigners! would be working with a lot of english speaking people and sometimes that scares me ...

Before actually I looked into some job posts in the UK and got lots of replies form agents when I submitted my CV. I even got some long distance calls from agents interviewing me, but they were all asking me if I have a visa. Sadly I don't have yet, and that time my husband has not proposed to me yet!

So should I start posting my CV again on job sites and print those emails by prospect agents when they email me or offer me a job?

thanks thanks andypaul!

thanks joeblogss.

should he need to mention in his letter this statement? "my wife would not need to recourse to public funds..etc".

just want to be sure of what to write in his letter. I'm gathering infos for him actually, summarizing all the things that i've read here about sponsorship letter. we dont want to get denied!

but with your help's guys I know I will get my visa with flying colours!.. I just need to be sure to pass all correct and complete docs to the embassy.
    'recourse to public funds' one of the reasons they can refuse your visa for, meaning that your husband cannot support you without gov/tax payers help..

yes its worth mentioning in the letter, state the reasons why you would not need 'recourse to public funds'

your hubby could put something like
    i have a well paid job of £Xxxx and savings of £xxxx , also i own my own home, and after budgeting i have £xxx month left to support my wife, so there will be no reason for 'recourse to public funds', also my wife would be able to earn a good salary in IT further reducing any risk of need to 'recourse to public funds'

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    hey

Το cWho συμπαθεί " I.T" και είναι ελληνικά εδώ;

it's time i asked you andy what exactly do you do in IT? r u support or ??

i'm struggling with me db still , e-r models and normalisation

hi andypaul!

nice to meet you too. i"m really enjoying it here.. it's past 2am here in the Philippines and i'm still up reading posts here

Thanks andypaul for the compliment. But I'm not still confident with my english :( that is one of my worries when I get there, you know I will be talking/conversing to a lot of foreigners! would be working with a lot of english speaking people and sometimes that scares me ...

Before actually I looked into some job posts in the UK and got lots of replies form agents when I submitted my CV. I even got some long distance calls from agents interviewing me, but they were all asking me if I have a visa. Sadly I don't have yet, and that time my husband has not proposed to me yet!

So should I start posting my CV again on job sites and print those emails by prospect agents when they email me or offer me a job?

thanks thanks andypaul!
    English people particulary in I.T as your Hubby will tell you care about what you can do not how great your English is.

The IT market for example in London is International.

I was at a large I.T office in the City of London today to see how a huge install was going. The companies I.T team both data and comms plus many outside companies such as oursleves were there many were from all over the world south africa, india, europe, canada are just a few. I heard two different Indian lanuages, Chinnese, polish, brazillian and many different accents speaking english on just one floor.

Watching BBC on Cable in phill is handy gets you up to speed on the UK and hearing lots of English voices.

Chatting on here will help and talking to your hubby.

I would think posting your cv and having a good look at the market would be a very very good idea

Many companies will not offer you a job or an interview untill you have a visa. But just getting them intrested is a good step.

Mentioning to Agencies that you should be over later in the year and im sure many will be intrested.

Happy job hunting

I would think posting your cv and having a good look at the market would be a very very good idea
    thanks andypaul for that advise!

I will update my CV asap. Should I also include a copy of my CV in my visa application?

But sometimes I would have bleeding nose for speaking in english for hours! hehehe.. that is why my hubby is into learning tagalog. He even bought learning tagalog tutorial CD.

Where are you currently working andypaul in London? My hubby's working somewhere near Moorgate.

it's time i asked you andy what exactly do you do in IT? r u support or ??

i'm struggling with me db still , e-r models and normalisation
    Im a manager now so do very little,I work for a major manufactuer from the land of the rising sun. I avoid databases like anything, I was speaking to lots of oracle bods today a bizzare lot Up there with lotus note developers

E-r models i see in a lots of projects i get involved with and i understand in passing same with normalization. I have even taken exams in database devloping and admin but when a subject like databases i avoid like a scouser does work

thanks andypaul for that advise!

I will update my CV asap. Should I also include a copy of my CV in my visa application?

But sometimes I would have bleeding nose for speaking in english for hours! hehehe.. that is why my hubby is into learning tagalog. He even bought learning tagalog tutorial CD.

Where are you currently working andypaul in London? My hubby's working somewhere near Moorgate.
    Why not add your CV save a lot of typing in the cover letter.

I will do that andypaul

In just a matter of hours, I got lots of tips from you guys.. thanks so much.

We are aiming to pass my visa application next month, well after I received all his docs.

I will do that andypaul

In just a matter of hours, I got lots of tips from you guys.. thanks so much.

We are aiming to pass my visa application next month, well after I received all his docs.
    Best to prepare the application well one lady mentioned only a day or two ago (sorry i forgot who) that they are very fussy with the order now.

Also as always check and double check.

The cover letter is hard to write but worth your Hubby taking his time over and remeber you can write a cover letter to explain your situation also. The more relevant evidence and information put forward the better.

Im a manager now so do very little,I work for a major manufactuer from the land of the rising sun. I avoid databases like anything, I was speaking to lots of oracle bods today a bizzare lot Up there with lotus note developers

E-r models i see in a lots of projects i get involved with and i understand in passing same with normalization. I have even taken exams in database devloping and admin but when a subject like databases i avoid like a scouser does work
    your right about the oracle geeks, def got to be so borrrring and who would want to do it

it would put a scouser off work for life

Got a question, I read that all docs must be photocopied, that does mean even the pictures that I will be sending should be photocopied?

And also, should I put the pictures in an album or just paste them on bond papers with descriptions and dates?

your right about the oracle geeks, def got to be so borrrring and who would want to do it

it would put a scouser off work for life
    But our scouser likes databases i guess and seems to work hard

We need you database developers and admins to save the rest of us from the perils and whoope do dah joys of data bases

Got a question, I read that all docs must be photocopied, that does mean even the pictures that I will be sending should be photocopied?

And also, should I put the pictures in an album or just paste them on bond papers with descriptions and dates?
    nope but i would send photos or computer printed photos that you can afford to lose

Hi sweetcookie08, you can submit your pictures with the dates at the back and where was it taken and put them inside a small white envelope (with subject- pictures)and put a rubber band. I have placed them in a small album but was told to remove them.
    " The people who mean something to your life are not rated "the best" don't have the most money, haven't won the greatest prizes....
    They are the ones who care about you, take care of you, those who, no matter what, stay close by... "

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information