Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Frustration!!

Frustration!!

Having satisfied ourselves that the current fee for Marriage or Settlement VISAs is 43,775 pesos:

http://www.vfs-uk-ph.com/visafees.aspx

http://www.britishembassy.gov.uk/ser...=1029287468126

it was very disconcerting to find that when Sofi printed her online application the fee stated clearly at the top was 42,000 pesos.

Now, it's obvious that the fee has been altered to 43,775 as of the 1st April but the online form has not been updated. But beaurocrats being what they are there is probably a risk that someone will say 'well, the fee at the top of the form is 42,000, so that is what must be paid'. That is what the teller at the bank seemed to imply.

The implication of getting it wrong for them is 'zero' but as you know for us it means we lose the money and add further to the delay in being together.

Calls and emails to the Embassy and the UK Visa office have not been answered.

What are your thoughts about this please?

Toks
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned

On some occasions I did have to phone VFS and the Embassy, and got through, albeit having to wait a while.

Just be patient and keep trying.

I know that it is frustrating, but there is little you can do apart from trying.
    Sooner or later someone will walk by the phone and will answer it.....

True aromulus!

Unfortunately, its now Bank Holiday as of tomorrow with the associated hassle/delay that will come with that.

Toks

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Sooner or later someone will walk by the phone and will answer it.....
    I love that last phrase Dom - because that is EXACTLY what happens!!

Al.

as mentioned many times, price of visas in php varies as the £ to php changes..

its been around the £500 mark since april last year. ..

You are right about the currency fluctuations but as far as I can determine the actual visa fees are fixed at a given exchange rate (currently £1 = 85 PHP) from a stated date (in this case 1st April 2008) until notified otherwise.

This appears to be administrative error but unfortunately as you know a simple beaurocratic error can have financial consequences for us.

It would be interesting to hear from those that filed their spousal visa applicationafter 1st April to see if they experienced the same descrepancy with the online form stating a different price (42,500) to the one stated on the wbsite (43,775).

Toks

its just one of the trials u have to encounter T,remember his time is always the right time..oooppss am I out of topic??lol

Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    its just one of the trials u have to encounter T,remember his time is always the right time..oooppss am I out of topic??lol

fees are so expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    fees are so expensive
    Yes they are and the thought of getting it wrong and paying twice is a real worry!

Toks

they make it to a point applicants will not use public funds once in UK but they getting funds from applicants before entering UK

Quote Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
    fees are so expensive
    Try a different Brothel then........

.....I'm on the wrong forum again aren't I?
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post

w/c forum u supposed to post boss

Hi Piamed,
    I would like to share my experience, it is a little bit different but similar in some ways.
    I applied for fiance' visa last year in Italy (I was living in Italy). I filled up the online application and all went ok.
    The next day, I was browsing the UK Embassy website again and realized that they have changed the fees!
    I have sent my applications together with the old fee, hoping that they will accept my application.
    After 15 days, I received my application back with a letter saying that I have sent the wrong fee. My husband wrote a letter to the Embassy asking explanation.
    My application was filled online the day before they changed the fees, but since I filled up my application the day before they changed the fees they have to honour the date of my application and I should be eligible for the old fee.
    I would advice you to write them a good letter and a plausible explanation.
    I have followed the advices of more knowledgeable members here and I am really greatful of them.

'We dance in a circle and suppose, while the secret sits in the middle and knows'

R.F.

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamed View Post
    You are right about the currency fluctuations but as far as I can determine the actual visa fees are fixed at a given exchange rate (currently £1 = 85 PHP) from a stated date (in this case 1st April 2008) until notified otherwise.

This appears to be administrative error but unfortunately as you know a simple beaurocratic error can have financial consequences for us.

It would be interesting to hear from those that filed their spousal visa applicationafter 1st April to see if they experienced the same descrepancy with the online form stating a different price (42,500) to the one stated on the wbsite (43,775).

Toks
    Like peanutz says point out the mistake they have, as a goverment agency they should be accountable.

Thanks peanutz and andypaul. Sofi is going to the bank tomorrow to get the Manager's cheque. She will take the form with the 42,500 stated but also have the print outs from the websites with her and will ask that the discrepancy is noted for what it's worth.

We will however go for the 'so-called' new fee (43,775). Then Sofi will book her appointment online for asap after 12th May. All the documents etc are already on their way to her by courier.

Toks

london well away from those people up norf
    Thanks peanutz and andypaul. Sofi is going to the bank tomorrow to get the Manager's cheque. She will take the form with the 42,500 stated but also have the print outs from the websites with her and will ask that the discrepancy is noted for what it's worth.

We will however go for the 'so-called' new fee (43,775). Then Sofi will book her appointment online for asap after 12th May. All the documents etc are already on their way to her by courier.

Toks
    Exactly the money is not as important as a visa in hand, but worth politly highlighting as we did when things were changed and it affected us at first we thought badly but turned out the wife had her visa before she would have been interviewed.
    But I know the Visa department manager took it seriously as politely and well constructed criticism is both useful to improve the service but worth avoiding in case it gets back to the bosses in sw1 who may decide where you are posted next. So yo0u may well help others following in your footsteps

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Exactly the money is not as important as a visa in hand, but worth politly highlighting as we did when things were changed and it affected us at first we thought badly but turned out the wife had her visa before she would have been interviewed.
    But I know the Visa department manager took it seriously as politely and well constructed criticism is both useful to improve the service but worth avoiding in case it gets back to the bosses in sw1 who may decide where you are posted next. So yo0u may well help others following in your footsteps

Toks

You used to be able to pay the visa fee at the bank direct into the British Embassy/Visa section bank account. No need for managers cheque.

You would have to look at the Embassy/Visa website to see if this service is still offered.

You get a receipt from the bank and use the receipt when making your appointment for submitting documents etc.

Quote Originally Posted by nethlewy View Post
    You used to be able to pay the visa fee at the bank direct into the British Embassy/Visa section bank account. No need for managers cheque.

You would have to look at the Embassy/Visa website to see if this service is still offered.

You get a receipt from the bank and use the receipt when making your appointment for submitting documents etc.
    That is true; we went the Managers Cheque route as it permits us to schedule an appointment o submit the application materials a day earlier (it all adds up). Plus, the area of confusion revolved around the amount payable. We have now paid 43,775 PHP as per the websites.paying

There are now 3 ways to pay as of 30th April, 2008:

1. Cash Over the Counter

2. Manager’s Cheque

3. BancNet ATM – UK Visa Payment Process

Cheers!

Toks

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Try a different Brothel then........

LOL

Thread Information