Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    maybe its this you've seen - Unmarried Partner visa

"It has been possible since 1997 for unmarried partners both in a heterosexual and same sex relationship to gain entry to the UK using an unmarried partners visa. Applications for unmarried partner visas tend to be more difficult than those based on marriage as you need to show that you have been together for two years and that it is a permanent relationship. The requirements since April 2003 are as follows:

You have to show that any previous relationship whether in marriage or as an unmarried couple has ended.

You should have been living together for at least two years in a relationship similar to marriage. You will need to provide documentary evidence confirming that you have been living together for this time. "

how can you prove your marriage has ended ?
    It also said demonstrate the marriage has permanently broken down so 8 year separation and no child support in a country where there is no divorce may well be enough as this variation was intended for people who could not remarry due to local restrictions

I also read that the two year rule can be accomplished even if there are periods when you are not together because of work etc Interesting!!

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by keithAngel View Post
    It also said demonstrate the marriage has permanently broken down so 8 year separation and no child support in a country where there is no divorce may well be enough as this variation was intended for people who could not remarry due to local restrictions

I also read that the two year rule can be accomplished even if there are periods when you are not together because of work etc Interesting!!
    The problem is that the Phill authorities will not see the marriage as broken down or ended unless anulled or one of the partners dead.

"Previous marriage/civil partnership or similar relationship has permanently broken down
    Each of the parties to the unmarried or same-sex partnership is required to provide evidence regarding any previous marital or other relationship akin to marriage/civil partnership they have had. They should be asked to specify how long ago the previous relationship was terminated, either by divorce/dissolved civil partnership or by separation."

like Andy said, what would the embassy think, if you've been living in the phils with someone for 2years or more and their still married ? .. could cause problems btw the embassy and the phil gov/church..

like i said, i've never read a post, where someone has come to the uk on a unmarried partner visa, while still legally married to someone else, but i'm surprised i've not heard anything, as the visa is aimed at those who are unable to marry, why do you know someone who is thinking of trying this way without getting a annulment?

also would you need something like CFO cert for her to leave ? something i doubt the phil gov would give if they knew the reason

Thread Information