Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member
    Hi folks, just got back last night from phils again and boy is it nice to see those grey skies again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif[/img] While i was there jing and i submitted our fiance application in person to ukvacs and just thought you should know, our beautifully prepared file with documents and evidence of relationship and photocopies of everything was looked at with shock and amazement and jing was asked what she wanted all that stuff for, you just need whats on the checklist?? we were told that if we wanted to send all that paperwork with chats, pictures ect we would have to pay more for the courier fee, and also to remove it all from the file we created and just stuff it all in the envelope they provide &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; when jing said it would get mixed up they said "awww dont worry, someone will sort it all out for you before it goes to the embassy..." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif[/img] As for them checking the docs when ur there to see if they are ok, they just said tick the boxes for what you have, they did&#39;nt even check if they were there, just took her word...it all sounds a bit scarey to me. Anyway, our application went in last thursday and true to form you can track it on their website, ours is currently "at the embassy", but what more they will tell you on the website i dont know.
    A good thing is worth waiting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelandken @ Apr 26 2006, 01:43 PM
    Hi folks, just got back last night from phils again and boy is it nice to see those grey skies again. While i was there jing and i submitted our fiance application in person to ukvacs and just thought you should know, our beautifully prepared file with documents and evidence of relationship and photocopies of everything was looked at with shock and amazement and jing was asked what she wanted all that stuff for, you just need whats on the checklist?? we were told that if we wanted to send all that paperwork with chats, pictures ect we would have to pay more for the courier fee, and also to remove it all from the file we created and just stuff it all in the envelope they provide !!!!! when jing said it would get mixed up they said "awww dont worry, someone will sort it all out for you before it goes to the embassy..."
    As for them checking the docs when ur there to see if they are ok, they just said tick the boxes for what you have, they did'nt even check if they were there, just took her word...it all sounds a bit scarey to me. Anyway, our application went in last thursday and true to form you can track it on their website, ours is currently "at the embassy", but what more they will tell you on the website i dont know.
    Hi,

That's bizarre... Are UKVACS still using Aboitiz? They seemed very good when we used them in Feb. Maybe the procedures/requirements are changing yet again! Anyway, good luck to both of you and hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Ivor and Mel

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Irelandken &#064; Apr 26 2006, 01&#58;43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi folks, just got back last night from phils again and boy is it nice to see those grey skies again. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/bigcry.gif[/img] While i was there jing and i submitted our fiance application in person to ukvacs and just thought you should know, our beautifully prepared file with documents and evidence of relationship and photocopies of everything was looked at with shock and amazement and jing was asked what she wanted all that stuff for, you just need whats on the checklist?? we were told that if we wanted to send all that paperwork with chats, pictures ect we would have to pay more for the courier fee, and also to remove it all from the file we created and just stuff it all in the envelope they provide &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; when jing said it would get mixed up they said "awww dont worry, someone will sort it all out for you before it goes to the embassy..." [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif[/img] As for them checking the docs when ur there to see if they are ok, they just said tick the boxes for what you have, they did&#39;nt even check if they were there, just took her word...it all sounds a bit scarey to me. Anyway, our application went in last thursday and true to form you can track it on their website, ours is currently "at the embassy", but what more they will tell you on the website i dont know.
    [/b][/quote]

The last system seemed to work very well, but they decided to change it all after maybe three months in operation. All the documents were checked off, over the phone to the embassy, before the courier took them away. Obviously too easy.

Seems the latest one might be suffering the &#39;But I thought&#39; touch of the Filipino courier operative. Wait and see if the embassy ask you to go to an inteview and provide info the courier told you wasn&#39;t meant to go in the bag&#33; Then make a loud and official compaint about it.

Respected Member
    Wait and see if the embassy ask you to go to an inteview and provide info the courier told you wasn&#39;t meant to go in the bag&#33; Then make a loud and official compaint about it.
    [/quote]
    we didn&#39;t really take their advice and made sure almost everything we had went in the envelope anyway. The only thing i changed was to cut down the amount of chat transcripts, just mabye 1 page for each time we were online, then wrote in big letters on the front page "75% OF CHAT TRANSCRIPTS REMOVED BY TT SERVICES AS NOT REQUIRED".

london well away from those people up norf
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Irelandken &#064; Apr 26 2006, 01&#58;43 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    [/b][/quote]

My Wife had the same problem when the Courier turned up, we had so much Evidence (Fedex last year must have doubled there profits with the parcels i had to send) it would not fit into the oversized jiffy bag. After Manic emailing the Embassy by me and Phone calls to the old Phone service (sorry forgotten the name it had) he came back and the Wife literally had to resort and reduce all the paperwork.

We were also told why do you need so much, we just need whats on the Requirment page on the Embassy website.

But in the end it all worked out ok so i guess we did something right.

I would still advise people to have as big as file as possible. The Embassy may not ask for it either via courier or in an interview. But its better to have to much than to little, in case procedure changes.

Best of luck with your application Ken.

Good to see another guy from Northern Ireland going through the process. I hope you are as successful as John and Rhea , and also me and Ashley.

Sounds like you have plenty of evidence with your application. Lately it seems that they interview the ones who are applying for fiance visas, and just give the visa to the ones who are already married and get the spouse visa.

Good luck

Brian

[/b][/quote]

Hi Ken,

so you have just arrived back before me as i arrive on Sat 29th but of course i will be bringing Rhea with me and soon you will have your fiancee back with you.

I am sure we can all meet up as i have other friends who have been through the process and are now living in Carrick. I am sure Brian & Ashley will be up for it also? We could all meet in the Filipino cafe sometime in the near future...

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eljohno &#064; Apr 27 2006, 04&#58;32 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    We could all meet in the Filipino cafe sometime in the near future...
    [/b][/quote]

We&#39;ll be up for that ok, I see Kainan cafe has moved to bigger premises in belfast, just down from the belfast telegraph, closer to the filipino comunity and where she&#39;s not restricted to the opening hours of the shopping mall where she was before. I&#39;ll look forward to the Irish contingent get together...

Sounds like a good idea John.

Something tells me though , that when all the filipina wives get together , the guys won&#39;t get a word in edgeways and we won&#39;t have a clue what they are talking about [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img]

Is the cafe open on Sundays Ken ? I might have a problem getting time off during the week

Brian

Respected Member
    Is the cafe open on Sundays Ken ? I might have a problem getting time off during the week

Brian
    [/quote]

I&#39;m not sure, as they just moved premises last week, i&#39;ll call in tomorrow and see what the plans are and let you know. i know the bigger premises were to allow for more varied grocery stock for the increasing demand for filipina goods.

Respected Member
    well we submitted our application to UKVacs 3 weeks ago and true to their word, 3 weeks later the website stated it had been dispatched. Expecting this to take a while we were surprised that we recieved a phone call thismorning to give us a date for interview. Seems there&#39;s about 5 weeks waiting time now for an interview. We were told that all Jing needed to bring with her was her passport, but i think we better be prepared a little better than that... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] ..my god i hope this is over soon..lol

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Irelandken &#064; May 11 2006, 09&#58;03 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    well we submitted our application to UKVacs 3 weeks ago and true to their word, 3 weeks later the website stated it had been dispatched. Expecting this to take a while we were surprised that we recieved a phone call thismorning to give us a date for interview. Seems there&#39;s about 5 weeks waiting time now for an interview. We were told that all Jing needed to bring with her was her passport, but i think we better be prepared a little better than that... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] ..my god i hope this is over soon..lol
    [/b][/quote]

Keep your head up Ken it will all be over soon&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Best of luck to you both from me and Ashley

Respected Member
    thanks for your support guys, we recieved our docs back by courier today, as well as keeping all the copies of the documents, they&#39;ve held onto all our yahoo chat transcripts, did they do that with everyone?? Also as i said werecieved a phone call to tell her the date of the interview, but now when the docs have arrived back, there is a different date for interview...earlier. thats what i like a nice simple process lol..

Ashley tells me that every original document was returned including the chat transcripts. But I think there is no point second guessing the embassy, they may have just forgotten to return them.

When is the date for the interview? If there is anything you need to know about where Ashley stayed in Makati for the interview , just ask

Brian

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(equaliser &#064; May 12 2006, 01&#58;05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Ashley tells me that every original document was returned including the chat transcripts. But I think there is no point second guessing the embassy, they may have just forgotten to return them.

When is the date for the interview? If there is anything you need to know about where Ashley stayed in Makati for the interview , just ask

Brian
    [/b][/quote]
    I can&#39;t remember the name right now, but there is a big hotel directly opposite the embassy. We watched the queues growing from the balcony on one of our embassy visits. It was expensive, by Filipino standards, but only something like £25 a night in real money.

Another place we used was opposite side of the road from the embassy entrance and about about two blocks down to the left. Good place, cheaper than the first. They have hotel taxis too, so no messing about trying to catch a taxi.

shangri-la is the the hotel opposite the embassy.

its a bit more than £25/night (more like £125).

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(baboyako &#064; May 13 2006, 08&#58;44 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    shangri-la is the the hotel opposite the embassy.

its a bit more than £25/night (more like £125).
    [/b][/quote]

Try the Swagman Hotel. good pick up from Manila Intl and Domestic airports and from circa £16.00 / night. The VIP rooms are better but from p1800 / night. It&#39;s a way from the embassy but fine and expat run.
    Some free internet time and manicure :-)

Thread Information