Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Any more tips please

My honey and little prince now arrive next Saturday. I think that I have fully prepared and got everything ready but am open to any suggestion to make her arrival a fantastic memory for her in the future. She is now unfortunately coming into Heathrow but at least not Terminal 5. I will of course be there with a large welcome sign, there will be flowers on the car seat, her favourite songs on the CD player.
    I have the house ready, all baby stuff organised and her favourite stuff in the fridge/cupbpards courtesy of the two Filipino food stores in Birmingham. Her cousin from Blackpool will be arriving on Sunday as a surprise and I have booked her into a fantastic salon on monday for massage, facial, pedicure etc.

Does anyone have any other special idea or just a story of their spouse,s arrival. I am looking for that special inspiration. Ligaya has been to the UK before and is familiar with living in modern cities (Hong Kong and Singapore)here so she will not be surprised by anything in particular.
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

bring her a coat..... its freezing

Nice one

Fortunately HK was down to 9 just a month or so ago so she has a lovely coat courtesy of Harvey Nicks new store in Central.

london well away from those people up norf
    Well the one thing i see is make sure the jet lag and emotions mean she wants to go to the beauty salon. Due to the long bulid up you have had before you can be a family in the UK. Im sure your wanna do alsorts but Ligaya may need to chill.

For my Wife the first day was exciting as Heathrows round the corner we were home after a very short journey from Heathrow. After a few hours of Kip. We went down to the local shops and did what we needed to do shopping wise and chilled in the evenng.

As you know the tough time is wen you go off to work.

Luckily the first few weeks were quite mild for the time of year but the jet lag and i guess the realisation a new chapter in her life had changed left her feeling a little low and knackered.

I would be prepared to just let her decide the pace and run around making sure she takes it easy.

I second the motion andypaul.

thanks for that, I had thought maybe too much, so I will leave things organised but on standby and see how she feels, plus our 9 week old baby boy will have his own agenda and timetable!!. As you say just being there for both of them is the most important thing.

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    thanks for that, I had thought maybe too much, so I will leave things organised but on standby and see how she feels, plus our 9 week old baby boy will have his own agenda and timetable!!. As you say just being there for both of them is the most important thing.
    You can always cancel, but you know your wife well and i would think the chance to be pampered would be jumped at.

I am putting together a cd of lulabys for when Ligaya is settling Joshua down for a sleep and found this on Your Tube, qaulity is not good but song is beautiful, anyone got anymore tagalog or illocano songs like this

sa ugoy ng duyan - aiza seguerra

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aMFAY3oaiQM

cheers

hhhmmmmpph, just got off the phone with my honey and she told me all that what she is looking forward to is her moving blanket looks like the only preparation I need to do is to make sure I am especially fit

So cancel pamper day and book a few sessions at the gym

Quote Originally Posted by scott&ligaya View Post
    My honey and little prince now arrive next Saturday. I think that I have fully prepared and got everything ready but am open to any suggestion to make her arrival a fantastic memory for her in the future. She is now unfortunately coming into Heathrow but at least not Terminal 5. I will of course be there with a large welcome sign, there will be flowers on the car seat, her favourite songs on the CD player.
    I have the house ready, all baby stuff organised and her favourite stuff in the fridge/cupbpards courtesy of the two Filipino food stores in Birmingham. Her cousin from Blackpool will be arriving on Sunday as a surprise and I have booked her into a fantastic salon on monday for massage, facial, pedicure etc.

Does anyone have any other special idea or just a story of their spouse,s arrival. I am looking for that special inspiration. Ligaya has been to the UK before and is familiar with living in modern cities (Hong Kong and Singapore)here so she will not be surprised by anything in particular.
    what about for urself Scott, what have u prepared??a big kiss and a big hug..

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    So cancel pamper day and book a few sessions at the gym

Banned
    I seriously think that a "lecky" blanket would come in rather useful this time of year...

Thread Information