Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    The Procedure for obtaining a Schengen Visa for your Filipino Spouse.

I thought I would cover this, as I know Rob and Elsa are going for a Schengen visa, and also, Gina and I are currently getting one.

Why is it required and what is the procedure ?

Firstly, the Schengen States, signed an agreement on cross border cooperation so that EEC And certain Non EEC nationals may travel unhindered throughout all the member states without requiring any form of immigration control.

Sadly, the United Kingdom is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement (Schengen is a town in Luxembourg where the agreement was signed).

That means that Whilst EEC Passport holders may go to any Schengen state without let or hindrance, it does not allow anyone holding a Filipino passport to do this, without a schengen visa.

Once having obtained one, the Filipina spouse can enter via the main schengen destination and then travel across any other country.

This does not apply to FIANCEE's of EEC Passport holders, so Filipina's holding fiancee visa's must wait until they have married and have a marriage certificate, then they may apply.

As we are at the French Consulate de General in London, I will give out the procedure for this Schengen member state.

Applicants must log on to the Consulate de General de Republique du France (details on Google), then telephone the appointment booking line, the joke about this, is that calls cost £1.00 per minute, and you are on the phone for at least 8 to 10 minutes booking an appointment as it is all automated.

It took us 3 weeks to secure a spot on a group appointment, the Consulate de General is at:

6a Cromwell Place,
    London SW7

Nearest Tube is South Kensington on the Circle Line, the consulate de General is opposite the Natural History Museum on the Cromwell road.

Requirements.

1 The Appointment Letter the applicant was sent, giving last 4 digits of passport.
    2 2 Passport size photographs.
    3 Filipino passport, showing UK immigration status, and must be valid for more than 6 months.
    4 NSO Marriage Certificate or UK Marriage Certificate.
    5 EEC Passport of British Spouse.
    6 Bank Statement showing adequate funds to support pasport holder in France.
    7 Adqequate travel insurance with Medical and Medical repatriation provisions.

Nationals from Philippines should expect to wait up to 6 weeks for the visa to be approved, and attendance at the French Consulate de General is mandatory in London, regardless of where the applicant lives in UK.

This involves a day out in London at least, and the queue starts at 1.30pm for the 2pm group admittance, those without documents or as requested will be turned away, anyone showing up without an appointment letter will also be turned away, as I just witnessed about 30 mins ago.

The Schengen Visa is free to spouses of EEC Nationals, but not for spouses of Non EEC Nationals, i.e. Filipinos on Work visas living in UK, they will have to pay a fee of £26.00.

Hope this helps anyone, I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 18 2006, 03&#58;21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    The Procedure for obtaining a Schengen Visa for your Filipino Spouse.
    I thought I would cover this, as I know Rob and Elsa are going for a Schengen visa, and also, Gina and I are currently getting one.

Why is it required and what is the procedure ?

Firstly, the Schengen States, signed an agreement on cross border cooperation so that EEC And certain Non EEC nationals may travel unhindered throughout all the member states without requiring any form of immigration control.

Sadly, the United Kingdom is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement (Schengen is a town in Luxembourg where the agreement was signed).

That means that Whilst EEC Passport holders may go to any Schengen state without let or hindrance, it does not allow anyone holding a Filipino passport to do this, without a schengen visa.

Once having obtained one, the Filipina spouse can enter via the main schengen destination and then travel across any other country.

This does not apply to FIANCEE&#39;s of EEC Passport holders, so Filipina&#39;s holding fiancee visa&#39;s must wait until they have married and have a marriage certificate, then they may apply.

As we are at the French Consulate de General in London, I will give out the procedure for this Schengen member state.

Applicants must log on to the Consulate de General de Republique du France (details on Google), then telephone the appointment booking line, the joke about this, is that calls cost £1.00 per minute, and you are on the phone for at least 8 to 10 minutes booking an appointment as it is all automated.

It took us 3 weeks to secure a spot on a group appointment, the Consulate de General is at:

6a Cromwell Place,
    London SW7

Nearest Tube is South Kensington on the Circle Line, the consulate de General is opposite the Natural History Museum on the Cromwell road.

Requirements.

1 The Appointment Letter the applicant was sent, giving last 4 digits of passport.
    2 2 Passport size photographs.
    3 Filipino passport, showing UK immigration status, and must be valid for more than 6 months.
    4 NSO Marriage Certificate or UK Marriage Certificate.
    5 EEC Passport of British Spouse.
    6 Bank Statement showing adequate funds to support pasport holder in France.
    7 Adqequate travel insurance with Medical and Medical repatriation provisions.
    Nationals from Philippines should expect to wait up to 6 weeks for the visa to be approved, and attendance at the French Consulate de General is mandatory in London, regardless of where the applicant lives in UK.

This involves a day out in London at least, and the queue starts at 1.30pm for the 2pm group admittance, those without documents or as requested will be turned away, anyone showing up without an appointment letter will also be turned away, as I just witnessed about 30 mins ago.

The Schengen Visa is free to spouses of EEC Nationals, but not for spouses of Non EEC Nationals, i.e. Filipinos on Work visas living in UK, they will have to pay a fee of £26.00.
    Hope this helps anyone, I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.
    Hope this helps.

Pete
    [/b][/quote]

Just like to add to Pete&#39;s post that you can download the Schengen visa application form at

http://france.embassy-uk.co.uk/french_emba...ted_kingdom.htm

Also on this site you will find a list of UK counties, if you live in any of these counties, or Scotland, then you can apply by post - otherwise follows Pete&#39;s proceedure or use the site to apply for an appointment

Details of the documentary requirements are given on the site

When applying by post - use the Post Office courier service - buy two prepaid envelopes - address one to yourself and include with application for the return of your passports

london well away from those people up norf
    Thanks Pete real useful info there.

A week today my Wife applies also at the french embassy.

Just a quick question was the bank account details and travel insurance info requested by the embassy, or as we have all learned with our forays into the world of visas a best to have in case they ask for them material?

My wife as her wages paid into her account and we can easily get travel insurance but didn&#39;t realise they asked for them as on the website there was a check box which mentioned both our passports, two passport photos, our marriage cert, and the application form. But always best to have more paperwork than less in visa situations it appears.

Also did you need to confirm your application? As i just went on line to confirm but said that only interviews scehulded within 7 days could be confirmed.

Thanks for the info Pete as i was going to enquire about it soon..

Administrator
    A round of applause for all that info off Pete [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif[/img]
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

Banned
    I&#39;ve made this topic a sticky as I&#39;m sure a lot of us will need to get a Schengen Visa for our wives at some point. The process for applying for a visa is fairly uniform across all EU countries. The Schenhen Visa covers the following: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece and Greek Islands, Italy, Luxembourg, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Spain (to include Canaries and Balerics islands) and Sweden.

With Spain, you need to call a Premium Rate number 0906 782 7674 (£1 a minute), and they will send an application form. The form needs to be filled in and returned, and an appointment will sent by post within 7 days. There&#39;s a 3 week waiting list at the moment for interviews. The interviews are held at London or Manchester.
    You are required to bring:
    Passport,
    Passport sized picture,
    Proof of address in UK (bank statement, tax bill, etc)
    Proof of sufficent means of support (again bank statement showing regular income),
    Proof of Employment (letter from Employer)
    Health Insurance (get the EHIC card EHIC - that&#39;ll do,
    Purpose of Visit with evidence and
    Proof of Relationship - this is the marraige certificate and the original passport of spouse, NOT copy..

As Pete says, the visa is free, but remember to bring a pre-paid envelope, so they can return the passport and visa

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Apr 19 2006, 03&#58;19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I&#39;ve made this topic a sticky as I&#39;m sure a lot of us will need to get a Schengen Visa for our wives at some point. The process for applying for a visa is fairly uniform across all EU countries. The Schenhen Visa covers the following: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece and Greek Islands, Italy, Luxembourg, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Spain (to include Canaries and Balerics islands) and Sweden.

With Spain, you need to call a Premium Rate number 0906 782 7674 (£1 a minute), and they will send an application form. The form needs to be filled in and returned, and an appointment will sent by post within 7 days. There&#39;s a 3 week waiting list at the moment for interviews. The interviews are held at London or Manchester.
    You are required to bring:
    Passport,
    Passport sized picture,
    Proof of address in UK (bank statement, tax bill, etc)
    Proof of sufficent means of support (again bank statement showing regular income),
    Proof of Employment (letter from Employer)
    Health Insurance (get the EHIC card EHIC - that&#39;ll do,
    Purpose of Visit with evidence and
    Proof of Relationship - this is the marraige certificate and the original passport of spouse, NOT copy..

As Pete says, the visa is free, but remember to bring a pre-paid envelope, so they can return the passport and visa
    [/b][/quote]
    From what I&#39;ve heard of the French Embassy and their attitude, I think it is easier for most guys to wait and get a Brit passport for the wife.

We downloaded the Schengen/French application form several years ago. It asked for stuff like: how much money do you have to spend, prove it&#33; Where are you going, what is the hotel name, prove it&#33; When are you going, where are your tickets, what time, where to etc etc.

I screwed it up and threw it in the bin.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 19 2006, 05&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    From what I&#39;ve heard of the French Embassy and their attitude, I think it is easier for most guys to wait and get a Brit passport for the wife.

We downloaded the Schengen/French application form several years ago. It asked for stuff like: how much money do you have to spend, prove it&#33; Where are you going, what is the hotel name, prove it&#33; When are you going, where are your tickets, what time, where to etc etc.

I screwed it up and threw it in the bin.
    [/b][/quote]

Sounds like the french.

But from the reading and research we have done the french is supose to be one of the better ones (belive it or not&#33;&#33.

Many other embassies are inclined to give spouses of ec nationals a visa the length of the trip they require. While the French embassy will give if requested a six month multi entry visa.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Apr 19 2006, 06&#58;42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Many other embassies are inclined to give spouses of ec nationals a visa the length of the trip they require. While the French embassy will give if requested a six month multi entry visa.
    [/b][/quote]

two points to note when you apply -

1) As I understand it - THIS IS YOUR RIGHT under EU law - the visa is not discretionary so a valid visa application for a Filipno wife has to processed - Your wife should have SPOUSE OF xxxx on the visa in her passport -

we got a visa for France - based on a PLANNED trip - I gave the following details in a covering letter

Channel crossing - Norfolk Line Dover to Dunkerque (French spelling)

By car to EuroDisney and Paris - staying at the Akena Hotel chain

bookings to be finalised via Internet once visa received

when we received the visa we also went on to Spain - but the main part of our holiday was in France

2) There must be at least six months validity remaining on your wife&#39;s passport at the time the visa is issued

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Apr 18 2006, 07&#58;21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Thanks Pete real useful info there.

A week today my Wife applies also at the french embassy.

Just a quick question was the bank account details and travel insurance info requested by the embassy, or as we have all learned with our forays into the world of visas a best to have in case they ask for them material?

My wife as her wages paid into her account and we can easily get travel insurance but didn&#39;t realise they asked for them as on the website there was a check box which mentioned both our passports, two passport photos, our marriage cert, and the application form. But always best to have more paperwork than less in visa situations it appears.

Also did you need to confirm your application? As i just went on line to confirm but said that only interviews scehulded within 7 days could be confirmed.
    [/b][/quote]

Ok, just an update sorry I hadnt updated on this, have been busy, but Gina did not come out of the French Consulate General until 5pm that afternoon, which means I had to sit on my tod down the road, on a cold stone slab near the trees, for 3 hours, having multiple visits to the 7-11 style store across the road, there is not much to do for the husband as he is not allowed in the Embassy, its a complete dogs dinner of course for the guy to hang around outside.

But as for the Health Insurance, I bought a Tesco 1-8 day Euro trip in the morning before we went, costing £29.99, then I had to register as a club card member with Tesco to get it, having done all that and rushing around like a headless chicken in the morning, the long and the short of it is, that Gina told me, the Consul checking the documents didnt even ask for evidence of health insurance, I was mad about this, since I have to try and get a refund from Tesco now, ( you must state the month of use on these off the shelf policies), it clearly says outside the French Embassy, that evidence of health insurance is mandatory.

But Gina told me, they didnt even ask for it ? she said, they dont bother anymore &#33;, sods law says, someone else goes and gets asked for it.

As for bank statements, they didnt ask for that either, even though, it asks for evidence of savings and income on the Form.

As Pauldo says the form is a complete dogs dinner of red tape, asking for details of the trip, we didnt put any details as, I told Gina to tell them, we are not booking it until the visa is approved.

That seemed to be ok, so it appears the health repatriation insurance is not a problem nor the bank statements.

I hope this helps.

Pete

I also wanted to add that, Gina did not come out of the Embassy with her Schengen visa, the process inside, was like this,

The 60 or so applicants on the group booking sit and wait in line downstairs to be called, she sat for 1.5 hours, waiting, then was called, and her marriage cert and passport and my passport were scanned and photocopied, she was .......ed for not having photo copies of everything including the passports, and application form and marriage cert, so i suggest anyone who goes, needs to do this.

Although they .......ed her for this, the guy did photocopy them, grumpy french git &#33;, after that, she was told the application will be checked with French Security and Interpol, once enquiries were completed, she would be sent a letter asking her to come back and collect her visa, she was issued with a hat check ticket, and told to leave it in her passport, until she comes back, it should be in 4 weeks.

Hope this helps, suggest also, on the 2nd visit, that the hubby doesnt bother going, its a waste of time, and no where for him to go.

What a bummer, just like Brit EMbassy Manila.

Thanks Pete

I know what you mean about the location i have travelled past the queue several times recently in the course of my work. Very near the tube, but not great to hang round for the other half. Although near a hig street with most major banks, also various cafes and shops.
    Your writing will reassure my wife greatly when she reads it i will photocopy everything monday.

I bought some travel insurance anyway and my wife will take bank statments and payslips in a small folder just in case. As i think one of the Mottos on this site should "Be prepared for anything".

Once again thanks Pete for the Info

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 21 2006, 09&#58;52 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I also wanted to add that, Gina did not come out of the Embassy with her Schengen visa, the process inside, was like this,

The 60 or so applicants on the group booking sit and wait in line downstairs to be called, she sat for 1.5 hours, waiting, then was called, and her marriage cert and passport and my passport were scanned and photocopied, she was .......ed for not having photo copies of everything including the passports, and application form and marriage cert, so i suggest anyone who goes, needs to do this.

Although they .......ed her for this, the guy did photocopy them, grumpy french git &#33;, after that, she was told the application will be checked with French Security and Interpol, once enquiries were completed, she would be sent a letter asking her to come back and collect her visa, she was issued with a hat check ticket, and told to leave it in her passport, until she comes back, it should be in 4 weeks.

Hope this helps, suggest also, on the 2nd visit, that the hubby doesnt bother going, its a waste of time, and no where for him to go.

What a bummer, just like Brit EMbassy Manila.
    [/b][/quote]

Nope. I&#39;ve done my share of grovelling, worrying and kow towing (sp?) to embassy prima donnas. If my wife or I need a visa for somewhere, we&#39;ll just go somewhere else in future. I don&#39;t see why we should be treated like small children, scolded and penalised for not understanding the petty and pitiful small print on visa applications and massively overcomplex and contradictory embassy websites.

My wife has Brit nationality now, so does our daughter, so we&#39;ll just go to places that accept the master race with no visa required
    [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Hellooo.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Just back from the Vist.

Me and the Wife was third in the queue after a marathon wait. She witness the goings on in the queue for the earlier vistors at i think 11.30. Arguments by people who didn&#39;t have a letter or even forgot their passport.

When queuing do make sure you bring clothes to cope with all weathers. Many had no umbrella or rain coat and had to stand in a queue for an hour or so geting rained on and then be dried out by the chilling winds. Some snacks might be worthwhile as well for your wife as she maybe in the embassy for three or so hours a lifetime for most Phill stomachs to be with out some form of snack.

If you suddenly realise your missing a photo or two (we manage to loose one of the two photos required on the way) there are several passport photo booths near the station.

I can also recomend the toy and hoop or whatever it is called near to the station as a not to bad pub to wait in while the other half is in the embassy. It also has toliets which the bar staff don&#39;t seem to bothered if you use as a non customer as i witnessed several times while waiting in there. This might be vital as its only two mintues or so from the embassy.
    The beers a bit pricey but it appears to be a nice queit pub but with enough life and goings on to help pass the time by.

There are also numerous cafes and coffe bars some more expensive than others. But many fairly small so might encouarge you to move on and not hang around.

If you forget to copy your paperwork, there are plenty of copy shops in the high street.

Also worth making sure you have an envelope with your address on, so the embassy can send out your letter informing you when you an pick up your Visa.

It might seem stingy, but who cares if a few photocopies and an envelope keep the embassy staff happy then so be it. As im sure Gina and Pete will agree, it doesn&#39;t take to much upset them. But having witnessed some of the antics by people trying to apply, i guess my fuse would be pretty short too.

If you have Kids or are not one for Pubs, cafes the natural history, science and Victoria and albert musuem are across the road. As you are likely to have to wait for a few hours it is worth doing something to pass the time.

There is also a Lambogini showroom in the high street, if your in to that sort of thing as well. But you need to book an appoment to go in otherwise you just press your nose to the window to have a look and dream of your numbers coming up next saturday.

Thankfully the French Embassy allows mobiles in but my Wife said people were asked not to use them. But the wife made and took a few calls from me while inside. But at least the other half can let you know when she is out.

The good news is that the station is just two stops from mini manila (Earls court) with its Phill shops, resturants etc So the missus can get some provisions on the way home [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

ps

The French Embassy do offer you an envelope on which you write your address sorry mis heard the missus earlier, so they can send the invite. But i would suggest you take one with you pre written, so no mistakes due to nerves.

We also were not asked to show travel insurance but like pete said they still ask for it so i would be safe than sorry. You could in theory take out the insurance and then cancel the insurance within 14 days, but sounds a bit complicated and risky to me.

My Wife was also asked to put down her employers name down on the form but not asked any more details .
    Also asked to put down a hotel or place she intended to stay in france when she said she didn&#39;t we planned day trips they said best to put an address down [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] She said i don&#39;t know any, so the guy suggested a hotel in paris and said don&#39;t tell anyone he suggested it. We just looked it up very nice hotel.

Just to let everyone know, Gina got her Schengen visa on Tuesday which was great, I think another of the Forum members wife was there at the same time, ( Who is from Ipswich ?) I was hanging around the corner just for a short 2.5 hours waiting, the visa is for 6 months with a 90 day stay validity, hmmmmmm what a lot of crap for a 1 day shopping trip to Eurocitie and a 3 day weekend in Paris.

I don&#39;t think members will want to go through that for anyone, the process is a costly exercise, in lost hours at work, and hanging around.

Never again &#33;&#33;&#33;

Banned
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 12 2006, 03&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Just to let everyone know, Gina got her Schengen visa on Tuesday which was great, I think another of the Forum members wife was there at the same time, ( Who is from Ipswich ?) I was hanging around the corner just for a short 2.5 hours waiting, the visa is for 6 months with a 90 day stay validity, hmmmmmm what a lot of crap for a 1 day shopping trip to Eurocitie and a 3 day weekend in Paris.

I don&#39;t think members will want to go through that for anyone, the process is a costly exercise, in lost hours at work, and hanging around.

[/b][/quote]

Hi Pete, Elsa had her interview at the Spanish Consulate on Tuesday, and I was amazed at how easy it was. The whole thing took 9 minutes&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

We arrived at the Consulate (located in Spring Gardens, central Manchester) for the 11am interview. The Consulate resembles a small post office, a room with 2 chairs and 3 counters. At 11 exactly, we were called to the Visa window, Elsa produced all the required documents (they didn&#39;t ask for proof of travel insurance), the visa guy checked everything, then went off for 30 seconds. He came back, and said to book the flights and fax the confirmation to the Consulate, and only then will they stamp Elsas passport with the visa and send it back to her here in Wales, and thats it&#33;&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/yikes.gif[/img] We wandered around Manchester for an hour, then caught the slow train back to sunny Wales.

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 12 2006, 03&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

You could have taken a bus to Scotland mate. Similar language barriers, but no visa needed [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

All you had to do was move to Scotland and apply to the French Consol in Edinburgh by post&#33; Easy ..

Dont forget to post your trip report on France plus photos of Gina in Paris&#33;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; May 12 2006, 04&#58;59 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    All you had to do was move to Scotland and apply to the French Consol in Edinburgh by post&#33; Easy ..

Dont forget to post your trip report on France plus photos of Gina in Paris&#33;
    [/b][/quote]

To right about moving outside london if you have to apply for a visa from the french embassy. Then it is just a case of sending off the bits in the post.

But thankfully it was me waiting outside, bored. Not the Wife with all those shops just a quick tube ride away [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]

The Wife and i are prepared to go though all the grief as the wife and i wish to tour europe (paris,vist spain and italy particulary) and see various members of the family in italy including her Mum who is working over there now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; May 13 2006, 12&#58;21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    To right about moving outside london if you have to apply for a visa from the french embassy. Then it is just a case of sending off the bits in the post.

But thankfully it was me waiting outside, bored. Not the Wife with all those shops just a quick tube ride away [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ohmy.gif[/img]

The Wife and i are prepared to go though all the grief as the wife and i wish to tour europe (paris,vist spain and italy particulary) and see various members of the family in italy including her Mum who is working over there now [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]
    [/b][/quote]

Well I have to say, I am glad its all over, lets hope we dont have to go through all that again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; May 18 2006, 05&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Well I have to say, I am glad its all over, lets hope we dont have to go through all that again.
    [/b][/quote]

My Wife picked up her Visa stamp on Wednesday, most of the queue was Pinoy. Didn&#39;t take so long this time, but again it bloody rained while we waited in queue. Then just an hour and a half in the pub for me. But at least the Wife had some people to talk with this time, so the time inside pasted much quicker.

Although like Pete and I have discovered it takes two days (luckily half days for me as I work in central london) of your life. It seems for wifes of uk citzens the paperwork is not to complicated compared to a uk visa.

Good luck to those who decide to go to France, just remeber your Umbrella&#33;&#33;

Not to dishearted anyone but my own application for a schengen visa was painless and I think, it&#39;s because we didn&#39;t apply from the French embassy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif[/img]
    We drove to The Netherlands last year for our anniversary via Calais. Believe it or not, they didn&#39;t even bother checking our visas at the port of exit. I guess, the brits doesn&#39;t really care if you&#39;re leaving... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img] neither at the Calais port of entry&#33; In fact, my passport didn&#39;t didn&#39;t get checked until I was coming back to the UK. I guess it&#39;s easier if you&#39;re crossing the channel by ferry.
    I had a very friendly reception at the The Netherlands embassy. One day to file the application and one day a week later to collect. I can&#39;t remember what the requirements were but I do remember that when I compared my application to someone applying via the French embassy that it wasn&#39;t as complicated. My visa is expired now and we&#39;re thinking about going to France sometime in the summer to visit Bill&#39;s bro-in-law and what we&#39;ll do is just re-new at the Netherlands embassy.
    So that&#39;s another avenue future applicants could consider.

Banned
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 21 2006, 05&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Not to dishearted anyone but my own application for a schengen visa was painless and I think, it&#39;s because we didn&#39;t apply from the French embassy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/Grin.gif[/img]

[/b][/quote]

Seems the people who use the French Embassy are having a hard time...

An update, Elsa had her Schengen Visa thru the post this morning, which is very quick, considering we only sent details of the flight on 22 May (the actual interview at the Spanish Consulate was 25th April). Viva la Espana por favor&#33; [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mrsfrivolity &#064; May 21 2006, 05&#58;09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    what we&#39;ll do is just re-new at the Netherlands embassy.
    So that&#39;s another avenue future applicants could consider.
    [/b][/quote]

Cielo, how is the visa renewed? Is a new application done or do you ask for a renewal form? With the Spanish, we have to apply all over again next January, another trip to sunny Manchester (not that Elsa will mind - all those shopping centres [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img] )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 25 2006, 10&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Cielo, how is the visa renewed? Is a new application done or do you ask for a renewal form? With the Spanish, we have to apply all over again next January, another trip to sunny Manchester (not that Elsa will mind - all those shopping centres [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/huh.gif[/img] )
    [/b][/quote]

I haven&#39;t really tried to be honest, but i&#39;m assuming that i would apply for a new one and because it would show in my passport that i&#39;ve been approved once before, it would be easier. good luck to me [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/BouncyHappy.gif[/img] I may have spoken too soon. love to elsa&#33; xxx

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; May 25 2006, 10&#58;29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Usually the visa given to wives of EU nationals is a multi entry and is valid for six months - thereafter apply again.

I expect that as you have one then the second will be more readily approved

Update!

I mentioned before that we are planning to take our boys to EuroDisney in August and both my son and I having Filipino passports meant we need a schengen visa to go to France.

The French embassy require a Paternal Travel Permit signed by "both" parents of the travelling child. Although I'm in a very good relationship with my child's dad, asking him for the favor of signing this document was very difficult for several reason which I will not go into details anymore.

We then decided to apply at the Netherlands embassy. They didn't require that document at all.

This morning, I submitted the application + supporting documents and I'm happy to report that the application was painless and the visas will be posted to me within two weeks time. That was what they said to me the last time as well but I got it back in two days.

We said we were going to Amsterdam lol. We provided hotel booking, euro travel insurance and said we will be travelling by car. All of which were very easy to arrange online.

Cheating, I know but for all you lot experiencing difficulties with the French Embassy, you might want to consider this route...lol

I think you have made a very good tip there Cielo, because the Dutch Embassy seems to be far easier to deal with, maybe thats something for anyone else who needs a schengen in the future, the Dutch Embassy is the winner every time over the French Embassy.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Wink German Embassy

We went down the route of initially applying at the German Embassy for the Schengen Visa. Documents required and proceedure were very much akin to the French Embassy requirements and an interview was arranged about 1 month in advance ( we could have had an interview within 7 days at the time of applying but I wanted to get a cheap flight for us down to heathrow. Using the automated check-ins saves having to produce identification for the return trip!)
    The German Embassy has a standard telephone number instead of premium rate number for spouses of EU nationals and can be found on the Embassy website.
    The interview was painless and was merely a document check, the visa being issued by post 8 days later as we had had the foresight to provide them with a prepaid special delivery envelope for the return of documents and passport.
    My wife has just received her 4th Schengen renewal all of which have subsequently been done by post. The good news is this latest visa is valid for 12 months and bears the overstamp "keine versicherung erforderlich"
    The 12 month visa I would expect to be due to my wife now having "Indefinite leave to Remain" status.

Respected Member
    UK Embassy Paris is the best!

I applied via online my visa to UK, granted!
    Three days process.
    Via Chronopost mail.
    No personal interview.
    I just send them ORIGINAL french husbands passport and mine.
    Our livret de famille.
    My 15 euro mailing fees.
    My two latest photos.
    VOila. Visa granted.
    No sweat.
    French Embassy?
    Filipino passport holders,avoid them like a plague.
    Hard PROCESS to get visa there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information