Update!

I mentioned before that we are planning to take our boys to EuroDisney in August and both my son and I having Filipino passports meant we need a schengen visa to go to France.

The French embassy require a Paternal Travel Permit signed by "both" parents of the travelling child. Although I'm in a very good relationship with my child's dad, asking him for the favor of signing this document was very difficult for several reason which I will not go into details anymore.

We then decided to apply at the Netherlands embassy. They didn't require that document at all.

This morning, I submitted the application + supporting documents and I'm happy to report that the application was painless and the visas will be posted to me within two weeks time. That was what they said to me the last time as well but I got it back in two days.

We said we were going to Amsterdam lol. We provided hotel booking, euro travel insurance and said we will be travelling by car. All of which were very easy to arrange online.

Cheating, I know but for all you lot experiencing difficulties with the French Embassy, you might want to consider this route...lol