Just back from the Vist.

Me and the Wife was third in the queue after a marathon wait. She witness the goings on in the queue for the earlier vistors at i think 11.30. Arguments by people who didn't have a letter or even forgot their passport.

When queuing do make sure you bring clothes to cope with all weathers. Many had no umbrella or rain coat and had to stand in a queue for an hour or so geting rained on and then be dried out by the chilling winds. Some snacks might be worthwhile as well for your wife as she maybe in the embassy for three or so hours a lifetime for most Phill stomachs to be with out some form of snack.

If you suddenly realise your missing a photo or two (we manage to loose one of the two photos required on the way) there are several passport photo booths near the station.

I can also recomend the toy and hoop or whatever it is called near to the station as a not to bad pub to wait in while the other half is in the embassy. It also has toliets which the bar staff don't seem to bothered if you use as a non customer as i witnessed several times while waiting in there. This might be vital as its only two mintues or so from the embassy.
The beers a bit pricey but it appears to be a nice queit pub but with enough life and goings on to help pass the time by.

There are also numerous cafes and coffe bars some more expensive than others. But many fairly small so might encouarge you to move on and not hang around.

If you forget to copy your paperwork, there are plenty of copy shops in the high street.

Also worth making sure you have an envelope with your address on, so the embassy can send out your letter informing you when you an pick up your Visa.

It might seem stingy, but who cares if a few photocopies and an envelope keep the embassy staff happy then so be it. As im sure Gina and Pete will agree, it doesn't take to much upset them. But having witnessed some of the antics by people trying to apply, i guess my fuse would be pretty short too.

If you have Kids or are not one for Pubs, cafes the natural history, science and Victoria and albert musuem are across the road. As you are likely to have to wait for a few hours it is worth doing something to pass the time.

There is also a Lambogini showroom in the high street, if your in to that sort of thing as well. But you need to book an appoment to go in otherwise you just press your nose to the window to have a look and dream of your numbers coming up next saturday.

Thankfully the French Embassy allows mobiles in but my Wife said people were asked not to use them. But the wife made and took a few calls from me while inside. But at least the other half can let you know when she is out.

The good news is that the station is just two stops from mini manila (Earls court) with its Phill shops, resturants etc So the missus can get some provisions on the way home [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]