Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Apr 19 2006, 03&#58;19 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    I&#39;ve made this topic a sticky as I&#39;m sure a lot of us will need to get a Schengen Visa for our wives at some point. The process for applying for a visa is fairly uniform across all EU countries. The Schenhen Visa covers the following: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece and Greek Islands, Italy, Luxembourg, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Spain (to include Canaries and Balerics islands) and Sweden.

With Spain, you need to call a Premium Rate number 0906 782 7674 (£1 a minute), and they will send an application form. The form needs to be filled in and returned, and an appointment will sent by post within 7 days. There&#39;s a 3 week waiting list at the moment for interviews. The interviews are held at London or Manchester.
    You are required to bring:
    Passport,
    Passport sized picture,
    Proof of address in UK (bank statement, tax bill, etc)
    Proof of sufficent means of support (again bank statement showing regular income),
    Proof of Employment (letter from Employer)
    Health Insurance (get the EHIC card EHIC - that&#39;ll do,
    Purpose of Visit with evidence and
    Proof of Relationship - this is the marraige certificate and the original passport of spouse, NOT copy..

As Pete says, the visa is free, but remember to bring a pre-paid envelope, so they can return the passport and visa
    [/b][/quote]
    From what I&#39;ve heard of the French Embassy and their attitude, I think it is easier for most guys to wait and get a Brit passport for the wife.

We downloaded the Schengen/French application form several years ago. It asked for stuff like: how much money do you have to spend, prove it&#33; Where are you going, what is the hotel name, prove it&#33; When are you going, where are your tickets, what time, where to etc etc.

I screwed it up and threw it in the bin.

london well away from those people up norf
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pauldo &#064; Apr 19 2006, 05&#58;46 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    From what I&#39;ve heard of the French Embassy and their attitude, I think it is easier for most guys to wait and get a Brit passport for the wife.

We downloaded the Schengen/French application form several years ago. It asked for stuff like: how much money do you have to spend, prove it&#33; Where are you going, what is the hotel name, prove it&#33; When are you going, where are your tickets, what time, where to etc etc.

I screwed it up and threw it in the bin.
    [/b][/quote]

Sounds like the french.

But from the reading and research we have done the french is supose to be one of the better ones (belive it or not&#33;&#33.

Many other embassies are inclined to give spouses of ec nationals a visa the length of the trip they require. While the French embassy will give if requested a six month multi entry visa.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Apr 19 2006, 06&#58;42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Many other embassies are inclined to give spouses of ec nationals a visa the length of the trip they require. While the French embassy will give if requested a six month multi entry visa.
    [/b][/quote]

two points to note when you apply -

1) As I understand it - THIS IS YOUR RIGHT under EU law - the visa is not discretionary so a valid visa application for a Filipno wife has to processed - Your wife should have SPOUSE OF xxxx on the visa in her passport -

we got a visa for France - based on a PLANNED trip - I gave the following details in a covering letter

Channel crossing - Norfolk Line Dover to Dunkerque (French spelling)

By car to EuroDisney and Paris - staying at the Akena Hotel chain

bookings to be finalised via Internet once visa received

when we received the visa we also went on to Spain - but the main part of our holiday was in France

2) There must be at least six months validity remaining on your wife&#39;s passport at the time the visa is issued

Thread Information