Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mhynne View Post

i was also wondering if there are any changes recently on the process bec of the Uk signing up on the EU.... anyone applied lately?
    The UK has been in the EC for a long time, and nothing has changed as far as the Schengen Visa is concerned.

thanks walesrob!! =)

i was also wondering if there are any changes recently on the process bec of the Uk signing up on the EU.... anyone applied lately?
    UK is a part of E.U. but didn't sign the Schengen treaty so there's no change, a Filipina holding Filipino citizenship (so a Filipino passport) must secure a Schengen visa to visit one of the Schengen state.

The only change is that there more Schengen countries (9 more in fact, read here: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=5970
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by subseastu View Post
    Some background first, My missus has been in the UK now for just over 3 yrs and is hankering to do a bit of travelling round europe, mainly paris and venice. She has her indefinate leave to remain visa to. After reading all the nightmare stories from you all about the french embassy I'm looking for a easier "backdoor" route. It seems to me that the dutch embassy is the way to go. My plan is this, tavel by air to amsterdam for a night or two, then on to paris for 3 nights then onto venice for the same. Back to the UK from there.
    There are 3 rules to know where you have to apply for a Schengen visa:
    1) If you intend to visit only one Schengen country, you must apply at the Embassy or Consulate of that particular country. You apply at the Embassy or Consulate responsible for the state where you live.
    2) If you intend to visit several Schengen countries, you must apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your main destination.
    3) If you intend to visit several Schengen countries but do not have a main destination, you should apply for a visa at the Embassy or Consulate of the country which is your first point of entry.

In your case Subseastu, it's rule 3 that apply and as you're entering thru Amsterdam as you said you have to apply at Dutch Embassy in London (don't forget it take 2 to 3 weeks from the moment you gave all the required papers and paid the visa fee to get the visa and be able to travel.

Don't forget also when you plan your trip to carefully stay within Schengen states (don't drive thru a non Schengen state to go to another! sometimes it's tricky in E.U.). List of all Schengen countries is here: http://filipinaroses.com/showthread.php?t=5970
    Best regards.
    Yves

I have a kind of related question - Do they actually stamp the (fil) passport when travelling around europe?

If they do is it just airports? I think we will be going to germany, probably by car, & I am fairly sure my passport was only checked leaving the UK, and there are no controls on the motorways around europe (france/germany/belgium/netherlands) etc.

Quote Originally Posted by baboyako View Post
    I have a kind of related question - Do they actually stamp the (fil) passport when travelling around europe?
    The passport will be stamped when you will pass immigration when entering Schengen area (Schengen port of Entry) and when you will exit Schengen area. Flights from one Schengen state to another are domestic flights, so there's no immigration control. There's no immigration control at frontiers of 2 Schengen states if travelling by car (but there may be unscheduled custom controls on the roads around the frontiers, this imply control of the travelling documents).

For Eurostar you have a commun immigration control at the last station before passing a frontier (I.E. French/English immigration in UK).

For ferries crossing the channel I don't know.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Respected Member sweet_cookie08's Avatar
    We are planning to have our 2nd honeymoon in Prague or Paris when I get there. Just a question, is it better to apply and get the Schengen visa here in the Philippines after my UK visa has been approved or should I just apply it there in the UK?

I think the UK is the best place to apply but if i am wrong someone will let you know!!

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet_cookie08 View Post
    We are planning to have our 2nd honeymoon in Prague or Paris when I get there. Just a question, is it better to apply and get the Schengen visa here in the Philippines after my UK visa has been approved or should I just apply it there in the UK?
    It is much easier to apply for a Schengen visa as the spouse of a British citizen, but to do this you would normally need your husband's passport which I suspect you haven't got. Couldn't tell you whether the embassies would accept a certified copy or not.

The other thing is you should apply for the Schengen visa at the embassy of the country you enter or stay in first. So you need to decide where you are going so you know whether to apply at the Czech or the French embassy.

Quote Originally Posted by darren-b View Post
    It is much easier to apply for a Schengen visa as the spouse of a British citizen, but to do this you would normally need your husband's passport which I suspect you haven't got. Couldn't tell you whether the embassies would accept a certified copy or not.

The other thing is you should apply for the Schengen visa at the embassy of the country you enter or stay in first. So you need to decide where you are going so you know whether to apply at the Czech or the French embassy.
    Be responsible with little so that you can be trusted with much!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    I've made this topic a sticky as I'm sure a lot of us will need to get a Schengen Visa for our wives at some point. The process for applying for a visa is fairly uniform across all EU countries. The Schenhen Visa covers the following: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece and Greek Islands, Italy, Luxembourg, Holland, Norway, Portugal, Spain (to include Canaries and Balerics islands) and Sweden.

With Spain, you need to call a Premium Rate number 0906 782 7674 (£1 a minute), and they will send an application form. The form needs to be filled in and returned, and an appointment will sent by post within 7 days. There's a 3 week waiting list at the moment for interviews. The interviews are held at London or Manchester.
    You are required to bring:
    Passport,
    Passport sized picture,
    Proof of address in UK (bank statement, tax bill, etc)
    Proof of sufficent means of support (again bank statement showing regular income),
    Proof of Employment (letter from Employer)
    Health Insurance (get the EHIC card EHIC - that'll do,
    Purpose of Visit with evidence and
    Proof of Relationship - this is the marraige certificate and the original passport of spouse, NOT copy..

As Pete says, the visa is free, but remember to bring a pre-paid envelope, so they can return the passport and visa
    I 've been granted Schengen Visa twice when I was in the Philippines and not yet married then. Seems quite more expensive to apply from here. I wish I could easily obtain again someday. Not yet afford yet

Goodluck to all Schengen Visa Applicants

Shengen Visa

[aquote=ginapeterb;5318]The Procedure for obtaining a Schengen Visa for your Filipino Spouse.

I thought I would cover this, as I know Rob and Elsa are going for a Schengen visa, and also, Gina and I are currently getting one.

Why is it required and what is the procedure ?

Firstly, the Schengen States, signed an agreement on cross border cooperation so that EEC And certain Non EEC nationals may travel unhindered throughout all the member states without requiring any form of immigration control.

Sadly, the United Kingdom is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement (Schengen is a town in Luxembourg where the agreement was signed).

That means that Whilst EEC Passport holders may go to any Schengen state without let or hindrance, it does not allow anyone holding a Filipino passport to do this, without a schengen visa.

Once having obtained one, the Filipina spouse can enter via the main schengen destination and then travel across any other country.

This does not apply to FIANCEE's of EEC Passport holders, so Filipina's holding fiancee visa's must wait until they have married and have a marriage certificate, then they may apply.

As we are at the French Consulate de General in London, I will give out the procedure for this Schengen member state.

Applicants must log on to the Consulate de General de Republique du France (details on Google), then telephone the appointment booking line, the joke about this, is that calls cost £1.00 per minute, and you are on the phone for at least 8 to 10 minutes booking an appointment as it is all automated.

It took us 3 weeks to secure a spot on a group appointment, the Consulate de General is at:

6a Cromwell Place,
    London SW7

Nearest Tube is South Kensington on the Circle Line, the consulate de General is opposite the Natural History Museum on the Cromwell road.

Requirements.

1 The Appointment Letter the applicant was sent, giving last 4 digits of passport.
    2 2 Passport size photographs.
    3 Filipino passport, showing UK immigration status, and must be valid for more than 6 months.
    4 NSO Marriage Certificate or UK Marriage Certificate.
    5 EEC Passport of British Spouse.
    6 Bank Statement showing adequate funds to support pasport holder in France.
    7 Adqequate travel insurance with Medical and Medical repatriation provisions.

Nationals from Philippines should expect to wait up to 6 weeks for the visa to be approved, and attendance at the French Consulate de General is mandatory in London, regardless of where the applicant lives in UK.

This involves a day out in London at least, and the queue starts at 1.30pm for the 2pm group admittance, those without documents or as requested will be turned away, anyone showing up without an appointment letter will also be turned away, as I just witnessed about 30 mins ago.

The Schengen Visa is free to spouses of EEC Nationals, but not for spouses of Non EEC Nationals, i.e. Filipinos on Work visas living in UK, they will have to pay a fee of £26.00.

Hope this helps anyone, I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete[/quote]

Shengen Visa

I'm very lucky than that I'am of Italian NAtinality as there was not problem of getting the shengen Visa ..I only had to pay for my wifes daughter.Both my wife and her daughter were issue a 3 years shengen visa so we do not have to go all the time to the italian visa section in Victoria opposite the national coach station. mY OTHERS KIDS ARE ALSO ITALIAN NATIONAL SO there is no problems.Now I have to work out how to get documentation translated into italian to get my wife italian nationality and her daughter...
    Maurizio

I apologies to pete in regard of sending his message again on the forum.

ote=ginapeterb;5318]The Procedure for obtaining a Schengen Visa for your Filipino Spouse.

I thought I would cover this, as I know Rob and Elsa are going for a Schengen visa, and also, Gina and I are currently getting one.

Why is it required and what is the procedure ?

Firstly, the Schengen States, signed an agreement on cross border cooperation so that EEC And certain Non EEC nationals may travel unhindered throughout all the member states without requiring any form of immigration control.

Sadly, the United Kingdom is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement (Schengen is a town in Luxembourg where the agreement was signed).

That means that Whilst EEC Passport holders may go to any Schengen state without let or hindrance, it does not allow anyone holding a Filipino passport to do this, without a schengen visa.

Once having obtained one, the Filipina spouse can enter via the main schengen destination and then travel across any other country.

This does not apply to FIANCEE's of EEC Passport holders, so Filipina's holding fiancee visa's must wait until they have married and have a marriage certificate, then they may apply.

As we are at the French Consulate de General in London, I will give out the procedure for this Schengen member state.

Applicants must log on to the Consulate de General de Republique du France (details on Google), then telephone the appointment booking line, the joke about this, is that calls cost £1.00 per minute, and you are on the phone for at least 8 to 10 minutes booking an appointment as it is all automated.

It took us 3 weeks to secure a spot on a group appointment, the Consulate de General is at:

6a Cromwell Place,
    London SW7

Nearest Tube is South Kensington on the Circle Line, the consulate de General is opposite the Natural History Museum on the Cromwell road.

Requirements.

1 The Appointment Letter the applicant was sent, giving last 4 digits of passport.
    2 2 Passport size photographs.
    3 Filipino passport, showing UK immigration status, and must be valid for more than 6 months.
    4 NSO Marriage Certificate or UK Marriage Certificate.
    5 EEC Passport of British Spouse.
    6 Bank Statement showing adequate funds to support pasport holder in France.

Nationals from Philippines should expect to wait up to 6 weeks for the visa to be approved, and attendance at the French Consulate de General is mandatory in London, regardless of where the applicant lives in UK.

This involves a day out in London at least, and the queue starts at 1.30pm for the 2pm group admittance, those without documents or as requested will be turned away, anyone showing up without an appointment letter will also be turned away, as I just witnessed about 30 mins ago.

The Schengen Visa is free to spouses of EEC Nationals, but not for spouses of Non EEC Nationals, i.e. Filipinos on Work visas living in UK, they will have to pay a fee of £26.00.

Hope this helps anyone, I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete[/quote]

Question for Pete,
    your guidance note asks for UK marage cert or NSO cert, we married in Hong Kong and our cert was fine for UK spouse visa issued in HK, do you think it will be okay for the French Embassy staff as we never got a NSO cert and do not have a UK cert

thanks in advance

Scott
    Live your life for a reason and don't worry be happy

if you don't know where you are going then any road will do!!

Quote Originally Posted by mdelg55 View Post

I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.
    I wonder whether the Travel Insurance is required for postal applications? This would require the applicant to have 'annual cover'.

Quote Originally Posted by mdelg55 View Post

I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.
    I wonder whether the Medical Insurance is required for postal applications? This would require the applicant to have 'annual cover'.

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    I wonder whether the Medical Insurance is required for postal applications? This would require the applicant to have 'annual cover'.
    unless things ahve changed you dont need insurance if a spouse of a eu technically. But then most people will have Insurance if they travel regularly .

Although if the non Eu person is not a uk resident normal everyday insurance may not be valid.

So do enquire

thanks for the info....

thanks alot guys its really help us you advice

The above info is great thank you all.
    BUT...........

How long does this visa last for??

IF i get one now, do i have to get one next year?, 2 years 5 years?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lizaphil View Post
    The above info is great thank you all.
    BUT...........

How long does this visa last for??

IF i get one now, do i have to get one next year?, 2 years 5 years?
    It is up to the embassy that issues the visa to decide how long it will be valid for. Spouses of British citizens usually seem to get 6 months, though some have been lucky and get a year. Not heard of anyone getting longer than that.

Respected Member
    Spain since 1988. My wife has been here since June 2006

an aside: Visas for UK of Gibraltar for Schengen resident

My Pinay wife has a Residencia which permits her stay forever in Spain. I get extra pension being married. The UK Gov pay about £2,000 p.a. for my wife's medical cover in Spain, she has a Nat. Ins, Number in UK. She can travel and live in any Schengen state BUT, a trip to UK or even Gibraltar means making an appointment at the UK consulate in Madrid (700 mile round trip) paying 100 euros for a UK visa application or 150 euros for a days shopping in Gib, a lengthy interview from which I would be excluded and even then she might be refused.

In six months, my wife will have had residence status in Spain for 2 years, she will then be able to apply for Spanish Nationality and a passport. So after that she will be able to visit my ‘homeland’.

Why not to apply to an EEA Family Permit for her from UK Embassy? It's free and will allow her to freely enter/exit UK from a Schengen country.
    It's here: http://www.visabureau.com/uk/family-permit-married.aspx
    Best regards.
    Yves

Just wanted to confirm... im about to lodge my visa application in the french embassy in 2 weeks.. it says on their website that the marriage cert needs to be stamped by the Phil Embassy... ive read somewhere that you just need to pay extra if your marriage cert isnt stamped... (just found out this is the case in the italian embassy) ...is this still the case? can i still lodge my application with my marriage cert not being stamped by the Phil Embassy?

Just wanted to confirm... im about to lodge my visa application in the french embassy in 2 weeks.. it says on their website that the marriage cert needs to be stamped by the Phil Embassy... ive read somewhere that you just need to pay extra if your marriage cert isnt stamped... (just found out this is the case in the italian embassy) ...is this still the case? can i still lodge my application with my marriage cert not being stamped by the Phil Embassy?

I dont know the latest i think the local "whichever country" stamping the marriage cert was if the cert was not in English or French (for the french embassy)
    The wife went in problem a few years back as you can see on here (it is hi andy paul in disguise) and we didn't go to the embassy to get anything stamped.

In the italian embassy they made some fuss in the end they didn't worry and let her off, although another applicant and their partner had a stand up row about it. I belive the fee was about 30 quid (of course it may have changed)
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

hello andypaul i didnt know you had another nick..
    anyway thank you for your advice...i sure do not remember seeing anyone lodge a stamped marriage certificate to the french embassy...
    thats why i was a bit surprised when i saw that on the french embassy website...

Quote Originally Posted by somebody View Post
    (it is hi andy paul in disguise)
    Hello, AndyPaul, I didn't know it was you. I even called you Somebody in one of my post Why are you in disguise?
    A winning horse doesn't know why it runs in a race.
    It runs because of the hits of pain.
    Life is a race. God is your rider.
    So if you're in pain,
    then think God wants you to win

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by singkit View Post
    Hello, AndyPaul, I didn't know it was you. I even called you Somebody in one of my post Why are you in disguise?
    Because the soft southern jessie has forgotten his password, probably....

Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Because the soft southern jessie has forgotten his password, probably....

I just went to change it and some settings and Mr Boss Admins mail server didn't wanna send me a confirmation email after many attempts and several different emails. I decided to change.

Not to worried about rep and post counts which was why i changed my name when things got out of hand a year or so ago.

So any news on the schgen visa?
    Oh lord why did you make so many clothes and shoe shops

I have my appointment on the 26th of jan at the french embassy... my husband went to london still to get our marriage cert stamped.. i will ask the consul when i speak to her so other people can also be informed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information