Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

I Need Help.....

hello everybody...anyone could help me?? i want to know what are the requirements in taking the basic exam in netherlands?? thanks in advance.. and God bless

rhoda

what exam ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rhoda_pim
    hello everybody...anyone could help me?? i want to know what are the requirements in taking the basic exam in netherlands?? thanks in advance.. and God bless

rhoda
    I think maybe one of our European members could help out here? Yves? Uri?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    for the BASIC INTIGRATION EXAMINATION ABROAD...for the MVV. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by walesrob
    I think maybe one of our European members could help out here? Yves? Uri?
    Was out for some days flying on a big aircraft...
    Welsh are not Europeans? I wonder why?
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by rhoda_pim
    You can consult this NL site (Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs): http://www.minbuza.nl/en/welcome/com...on_abroad.html

and here is a site to prepare the exam: http://www.thiememeulenhoff.nl/docum...p?pagkey=53768

You have some threads on it in the Asawa Forum archives too:
    http://www.filipinawives.com/asawa/v...ic.php?t=24145
    http://www.filipinawives.com/asawa/v...ic.php?t=25287
    http://www.filipinawives.com/asawa/v...ic.php?t=25990
    http://www.filipinawives.com/asawa/v...ic.php?t=24267
    http://www.filipinawives.com/asawa/v...ic.php?t=16192
    Best regards.
    Yves

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer
    Was out for some days flying on a big aircraft...
    Welsh are not Europeans? I wonder why?
    I'd rather be Welsh than French

So how did the test flight go?

I'd rather be Welsh than French
    was not the question...

So how did the test flight go?
    It was great, that's the quieter cabin I ever flew. You don't think you're flying.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer
    was not the question...
    Ah! I understand now...I'm Welsh you see

Wales is not a seperate country like France, Germany. We are ruled by those cruel English people. They make us pay taxes and at the same time, occupy our houses, and steal the food from our supermarkets. At least we charge them £4.50 to enter Wales. Should be a lot more if you ask me

If it was not for Wales then where would we buy our sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by mupsuit View Post
    All you had to do was move to Scotland and apply to the French Consol in Edinburgh by post! Easy ..
    Got this site SHORT STAY SCHENGEN VISA

If you live in Scotland or on the Isle of Man, please note that you should lodge your visa application with :

French Consulate General ,
    Visa Section,
    11 Randolph Crescent,
    Edinburgh, EH3 7TT

Tel # 0131 225 7954

trying to study bout this visa..
    Scot ===>

"The world is all about diversity. I am different and you are different."

london well away from those people up norf
    Well how time flys we are now waiting to apply for our second Schgen visa.
    One thing i have learned from another website, is that you should try and make sure if you wish to get a second visa from a country or even from another. That the Visa was used correctly ie you use it mainly to vist france if a french visa etc.
    If you didn't make sure you have a reason why, just in case it becomes an issue.

visa

Daryl Lynn and I were planning a holiday in France this year. Our initial check of the requirements stated that proof of accomodation, a return ticket and travel insurance was required. No prob with the insurance as I took out an annual multi-trip policy. We booked to go to a holiday park and so had proof of accomodation AND a return travel ticket.
    Then re-visited the French embassy website (in July) and found out that there was a 35 day backlog!!!!! So we had to cancel the holiday as we wouldn't have got the damn visa in time and lost £100 deposit in the process.

We in the South East think nothing of taking day trips and short breaks in Europe and it seems crazy that a Filipina Spouse with UK residency has to go through virtually the same lengthy process as if she wanted to actually move to France or wherever!!!
    I don't see why a Brit/Fil couple with UK residency and a return ticket can't just be granted free travel without a visa. Now they're gonna let all those Eastern European freeloaders come in and out of the UK without any restriction!! Make me soooo angry, it's so unfair.

Gavin

I'm just surprised you pay so much as a standard Tourist Schengen visa (till 3 months) is only 35€ in all French Embassy or Consulate everywhere in the world. The delay to issue it is 2 weeks (10 work days) from the moment they have all the documents required and the visa fee paid (it's the rule for getting a standard Tourist Schengen visa (till 3 months) in all Schengen state Embassies).

There is also a phrase indicating it can be free of charge:

Visa is free of charge for Spouses of French Citizens, Spouses and Children of European Citizens and for holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports on presentation of the requested documents.

So if married to an English person (who is a European citizen), the visa should be free.
    It's in this page of the French Consulate in London (in "visa application fee"): http://www.consulfrance-londres.org/...58de8827243593
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    I'm just surprised you pay so much as a standard Tourist Schengen visa (till 3 months) is only 35€ in all French Embassy or Consulate everywhere in the world. The delay to issue it is 2 weeks (10 work days) from the moment they have all the documents required and the visa fee paid (it's the rule for getting a standard Tourist Schengen visa (till 3 months) in all Schengen state Embassies).

There is also a phrase indicating it can be free of charge:

Visa is free of charge for Spouses of French Citizens, Spouses and Children of European Citizens and for holders of Diplomatic, Official and Service passports on presentation of the requested documents.

So if married to an English person (who is a European citizen), the visa should be free.
    It's in this page of the French Consulate in London (in "visa application fee"): http://www.consulfrance-londres.org/...58de8827243593
    I think your find there are slight problems with a brit/phill couple applying, firstly i think the french embassy although have no choice to offer the visa to british citzens spouses for free. But as we are not in the schgen aggrement they quite understandably, don't push out the boat for brits. As we don't offer the same service to them, which although annoying for us, i can see their point.

Also phill citzens are on the list of nationalities who have to have further checks made. Due to the amount of visa overstayers in the past i guess.

hi pete

thanks for all the info about the schengen visa, i and my hubby wants to visit france as soon as possible but like one of the many applicants it takes lots of time to wait for the visa... ill tell my husband about this information.....

Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    I think your find there are slight problems with a brit/phill couple applying, firstly i think the french embassy although have no choice to offer the visa to british citzens spouses for free. But as we are not in the schgen aggrement they quite understandably, don't push out the boat for brits. As we don't offer the same service to them, which although annoying for us, i can see their point.
    You offer the same service with the EEA Family Permit. A Filipina married to a E.U. Citizen that want to vist UK have to request it at the nearest British Embassy and they will be granted with a 1 year EEA Family Permit that allow her to go there with her Husband.
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Also phill citzens are on the list of nationalities who have to have further checks made. Due to the amount of visa overstayers in the past i guess.
    I never say Filipinos Citizen do not need a visa, they need it. But overstaying is less a probelm when married with a Brit as he has the right to stay in France as a European Citizen. And this will help his wife to get a residency card (this is mandatory for all non E.U. citizen).
    Best regards.
    Yves

Quote Originally Posted by A_flyer View Post
    You offer the same service with the EEA Family Permit. A Filipina married to a E.U. Citizen that want to vist UK have to request it at the nearest British Embassy and they will be granted with a 1 year EEA Family Permit that allow her to go there with her Husband.

I never say Filipinos Citizen do not need a visa, they need it. But overstaying is less a probelm when married with a Brit as he has the right to stay in France as a European Citizen. And this will help his wife to get a residency card (this is mandatory for all non E.U. citizen).

Sorry i didn't reply to your post at the time. When i meant the UK didn't perform the same service, i meant the issuing of schgen visa in the fact once you apply once you get access to all the areas covered.

I have just downloaded an application form for a Schengen Visa and the form states that spouses of EU citizens do not need to answer questions about:
    Employment,
    Dates of travel,
    Address of Hotel,
    Financial means.
    In theory the application should be straightforward but this does not seem to be the experience of several people posting on this board.
    What have I missed has anyone obtained a Visa without this information which according to the form is surplus to requirements?

Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I have just downloaded an application form for a Schengen Visa and the form states that spouses of EU citizens do not need to answer questions about:
    Employment,
    Dates of travel,
    Address of Hotel,
    Financial means.
    In theory the application should be straightforward but this does not seem to be the experience of several people posting on this board.
    What have I missed has anyone obtained a Visa without this information which according to the form is surplus to requirements?

Jimbo
    Legally you shouldn't need to put down employment details, travel or finacial means. But as i posted my wife was asked its best to put down you intend to travel to hotel x on the dates of so and so. But request the full six month 90 day visa as most seem to get even if only traveling for a few days.
    I think its a case of humouring them, everytime i go past the embassy ( which i do quite often thoughout the year) there is a long queue. So i guess the staff are pretty hassled.

It may be simply much easier for them to enter the details into the computer who knows.

The application is fairly straightforward, takes a bit of time if you have to make the trip to the embassy.

If the Wife does not work simply put homeworker/housewife, cant affect your application. But as i said before might be just the computer requires the field filling in.

We took bank statments and Travel insurance as we had them and didn't want to take any chances but they were not asked for.

Newbie (Restricted Access) copyhardwick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb View Post
    The Procedure for obtaining a Schengen Visa for your Filipino Spouse.

I thought I would cover this, as I know Rob and Elsa are going for a Schengen visa, and also, Gina and I are currently getting one.

Why is it required and what is the procedure ?

Firstly, the Schengen States, signed an agreement on cross border cooperation so that EEC And certain Non EEC nationals may travel unhindered throughout all the member states without requiring any form of immigration control.

Sadly, the United Kingdom is not a signatory to the Schengen agreement (Schengen is a town in Luxembourg where the agreement was signed).

That means that Whilst EEC Passport holders may go to any Schengen state without let or hindrance, it does not allow anyone holding a Filipino passport to do this, without a schengen visa.

Once having obtained one, the Filipina spouse can enter via the main schengen destination and then travel across any other country.

This does not apply to FIANCEE's of EEC Passport holders, so Filipina's holding fiancee visa's must wait until they have married and have a marriage certificate, then they may apply.

As we are at the French Consulate de General in London, I will give out the procedure for this Schengen member state.

Applicants must log on to the Consulate de General de Republique du France (details on Google), then telephone the appointment booking line, the joke about this, is that calls cost £1.00 per minute, and you are on the phone for at least 8 to 10 minutes booking an appointment as it is all automated.

It took us 3 weeks to secure a spot on a group appointment, the Consulate de General is at:

6a Cromwell Place,
    London SW7

Nearest Tube is South Kensington on the Circle Line, the consulate de General is opposite the Natural History Museum on the Cromwell road.

Requirements.

1 The Appointment Letter the applicant was sent, giving last 4 digits of passport.
    2 2 Passport size photographs.
    3 Filipino passport, showing UK immigration status, and must be valid for more than 6 months.
    4 NSO Marriage Certificate or UK Marriage Certificate.
    5 EEC Passport of British Spouse.
    6 Bank Statement showing adequate funds to support pasport holder in France.
    7 Adqequate travel insurance with Medical and Medical repatriation provisions.

Nationals from Philippines should expect to wait up to 6 weeks for the visa to be approved, and attendance at the French Consulate de General is mandatory in London, regardless of where the applicant lives in UK.

This involves a day out in London at least, and the queue starts at 1.30pm for the 2pm group admittance, those without documents or as requested will be turned away, anyone showing up without an appointment letter will also be turned away, as I just witnessed about 30 mins ago.

The Schengen Visa is free to spouses of EEC Nationals, but not for spouses of Non EEC Nationals, i.e. Filipinos on Work visas living in UK, they will have to pay a fee of £26.00.

Hope this helps anyone, I asked the French Immigration officials about applicants living in other parts of the UK, they said, that applicants can apply by post, but should allow 12-16 weeks for processing and not to book any travel until the Schengen visa was approved and the passport returned.

Hope this helps.

Pete
    hi my wife and i are planning to ski in december, location france just outside geneva, same as i always do, tez is keen to learn to ski despite the cold !! i hope! anyway my question is we fly to geneva which is in switzerland a non eu country then drive across the border to france, i have done this many times and never been asked for my passport but sods law says we will be asked for tez's, so where do i apply for the schengen visa the french embassy or the swiss? any help much appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by copyhardwick View Post
    hi my wife and i are planning to ski in december, location france just outside geneva, same as i always do, tez is keen to learn to ski despite the cold !! i hope! anyway my question is we fly to geneva which is in switzerland a non eu country then drive across the border to france, i have done this many times and never been asked for my passport but sods law says we will be asked for tez's, so where do i apply for the schengen visa the french embassy or the swiss? any help much appreciated thanks
    i thought we don't need a visa in switzerland is a free country if your going to france you need to apply a visa in france embassy

You may apply for a visa at the French Consulate General only if :

France is your main destination, i.e. you are travelling to France only or you will be spending more time in France than in any other Schengen country during your trip.

You are transiting through the Schengen States and France is the first country you are transiting through.

The decision and the validity of the visa will be based on your itinerary after study of your application.

If you can identify your situation in any of the above, please apply for your Schengen visa at the French Consulate General.> Link with the differents types of visas issued by the French Consulate General

NB: You should apply for your visa at the French Consulate of your country of residence. In exceptional cases only, the French Consulate in London may process your application.

If your main destination or first country of entry IS NOT France, please apply at the appropriate Consulate.
    A winning horse doesn't know why it runs in a race.
    It runs because of the hits of pain.
    Life is a race. God is your rider.
    So if you're in pain,
    then think God wants you to win

Newbie (Restricted Access) mikeh's Avatar

French Embassy: book online

You can now book your appointment online at the French Embassy. Its quite simple, just follow the links on the site.

The appointments are booked up quite quickly and then the message "Please note that on every thursday afternoon, a few appointments are made available for the following week. " is shown.

So you just need to keep checking back from Thurs noon every couple of hours until the site shows there are slots available

It'll save you a few quids instead of using the £1 a minute phone line to book.

.........just call me stingy, but I just hate those premium rate lines to embassies.

Mike

Banned
    We live in Scotland and want to go to Spain. Has anyone had the experience of applying to Spanish consulate in Scotland? I assume the procedure will be similar to applying to French consulate?
    Any idea of the timescale involved?

Newbie (Restricted Access) copyhardwick's Avatar
    hi everyone been here before but very confused, just tryed to book on line with the french embassy but no slots at all for oct ! as we are travelling dec26 and tez only just got her flr visa this week time is running out, should i try the dutch embassy? and also still not to sure we even need a schengen as we arw actually flying to geneva switzerland, then driving over the border to evian , and the border control is very lapse there! of 20 odd trips never been asked for a passport ever, any help much appreciated thanks ...

Keep trying online with the French embassy, keep refreshing thats what we did and one became available just a couple of days before we left and of course no French officials actually looked at Byangs passport but I wouldn't recommend taking a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by copyhardwick View Post
    hi everyone been here before but very confused, just tryed to book on line with the french embassy but no slots at all for oct ! as we are travelling dec26 and tez only just got her flr visa this week time is running out, should i try the dutch embassy? and also still not to sure we even need a schengen as we arw actually flying to geneva switzerland, then driving over the border to evian , and the border control is very lapse there! of 20 odd trips never been asked for a passport ever, any help much appreciated thanks ...
    Keep checking the website, again i would not travel abroad with out the correct visa. I can remeber in a coach trip with my parents years back our all white brit registered coach was not stoped crossing the swiss border but ones with non europeans (ie non whites) were randomly stopped.

Another embassy to try is the italian, shorter queues and you have to ring a pound a mintue phone line. Then again you need to vist italy to use the visa correctly.

I'm sure your be able to sort it

Not sure at the moment, east midlands, rice farm or manila

Dutch embassy

Good morning all

I'm new to this site and would just like to ask some advice. Some background first, My missus has been in the UK now for just over 3 yrs and is hankering to do a bit of travelling round europe, mainly paris and venice. She has her indefinate leave to remain visa to. After reading all the nightmare stories from you all about the french embassy I'm looking for a easier "backdoor" route. It seems to me that the dutch embassy is the way to go. My plan is this, tavel by air to amsterdam for a night or two, then on to paris for 3 nights then onto venice for the same. Back to the UK from there.

Can anyone see any problems with this fiendish plan? Also we live in leicestershire and I don't really fancy messing about going down to london. I see that the dutch have consulates all the place. I presume that visa applications can be processed from any of these? Also do we have to leave from our country of entry or can we leave from a different member country. One final question. I see that some people have had to take their own passports along to the embassies. Do the embassies keep these while they process the wifes visa? I work offshore and need mine every month to travel.

I look forward to anyones help with these problems, and must congratulate you on a great forum site

Tip top

subseastu.. if i understood it right also i think andypaul pinpointed in one of his posts that they might notice that upon renewal of the schengen visa...

i was also wondering if there are any changes recently on the process bec of the Uk signing up on the EU.... anyone applied lately?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information