Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Smile Hi, thought i should introduce myself!

I've just joined the site. My name is Natalie. I have been reading many of the threads with great interest. You all seem to be a very supportive community and have been inspired by what i have read. I'm hoping too that some of you guys might be able to help with a situation I have! I also want to say that I visited the Phillipines last year, I taught in an orphanage out there for 3 ths. Incredible experience, wonderful country and the friendliest and most hospitable people I've met!

I shall give you a brief outline. I am assuming too that I am not in the majority here!

I am 27yr old female, UK citizen and currently residing in the UK. My situation is complicated!!

I have met a wonderful filipino man (aged 31) on a holiday last November. We spent 2 wonderful weeks hanging out together. We are in contact with each other 2 to 3 times a week ( he phones me..as satellite calls to the cruise ship are ludicrusly expensive!) We bonded with each other very quickly, and I decided to go back out to see him 3 wks ago. It was wonderful and we spent much quality time together. He works on a cruise ship and has been in the industry for the past 9 yrs.

He has been completely upfront with me from the very beginning. He is married, but currently separated. His wife being back in the PI. They have an 11yr old daughter together which he cherishes. He is very unhappy with his life back in his village, i.e lack of work, realtionship breakdown etc therefore he choices a life on the seas.

He would like to visit the UK at some point, but obviously with his circumstances and the obstacles he faces it is not going to be that easy. He has informed me of the tough law re: divorce.

I have no doubt at all his love for me and mine for him. He continues to support his family back home by sending all of his salary there and him surviving on the tips he makes.

Obviously I have concerns, but I can't help thinking that somehow we can make this work. We are both strong-minded and determined individuals.

I am considering changing my career to work on the cruise liner that he is on to be with him and see if we really are meant for each other before we both make too many sacrifices!

Anyway, I guess that wasn't so brief..any feedback/thoughts/advice is openly welcome.

I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Kindest regards, Natalie

london well away from those people up norf
    Welcome Natalie to the Site.

As you may have read vist visas are not easy ut if he has been trusted on a boat which im sure as been to most countries on the planet worth running away to that might swing in his favour.

Your trying to work with him to see if the relationship sounds a goer it is a good idea to see people in as many different enviroments for sure.

Good luck to the two of you and hope whatever happens it turns out alright

Thanks andypaul for your thoughts. I'm remaining positive and living in hope!!

Hello Natalie, welcome to the site.

You're not the only englishwoman who fell inlove with a filipino. Recently theres a new member here called cruisingkerry, at the moment she have a fil bf who work in the cruise ship as well, same with her. I think everything is fine with them.

But I think, yours a bit complicated because as to what you've said your bf is still married but he and his wife are no longer together. Philippines has no divorce but theres an annulment which it takes time to process. Unless if he gets a lawyer who usually asked for a higher price to speed things up.
    And another thing is, what if his wife will oppose or will not respond to the annulment petition? Gosh, sounds a bit difficult.

Well, goodluck to both of you
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Hi Natalie! Welcome to the forum.

You're in a quite complicated situation I must say. Why don't you take things slow first and see where the relationship will go. It's okay to work with your boyfriend in the cruise ship so that you can have more time together coz long distance relationship is really hard (speaking from experience). But I believe that if you're really meant to be together then you can withstand the test of distance and all so-called difficulties along the way. I wish you well....
    Mench
    Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you, plan to prosper you and not to harm you, plan to give you hope and a future"

hiya!natalie.welcome here and good luck to both of u

Hello natalie, welcome to this informative site!

welcome to the forum natalie hope everything goes well with your bf

Thread Information