Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Spouse Visa

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi guys

I have been married sice January 7th and i'm now wanting to sort out spouse visa for my wife we married in the philippines but I have had to return to the Uk alone.

I was wondering is it a spouse visa that my wife needs to apply for so she can live here in the uk with me ?

Does she need to be the 1 to do all the paper work ?

How long will it take as she is expexting a baby and woul love for the baby to be born in the UK ?

I really don't have a clue about any of thios stuff guys
    any info or help would be great

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Breo &#064; Apr 15 2006, 11&#58;11 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi guys

I have been married sice January 7th and i&#39;m now wanting to sort out spouse visa for my wife we married in the philippines but I have had to return to the Uk alone.

I was wondering is it a spouse visa that my wife needs to apply for so she can live here in the uk with me ?

Does she need to be the 1 to do all the paper work ?

How long will it take as she is expexting a baby and woul love for the baby to be born in the UK ?

I really don&#39;t have a clue about any of thios stuff guys
    any info or help would be great
    [/b][/quote]

Hi and welcome to the forum&#33;&#33;

Yes you will need to apply for a spouse visa but it will be your wife that will need to sort it out in the Philippines.

It is hard to say how long it will take as it used to take nearly one year but i applied just last Feb and with the new ukvacs in operation it only took 2 weeks but it does not always happen that way.

You need to make sure that you have all your homework sorted like evidence of relationship, wage slips, bank statements etc, i could go on but the best thing you can do is look through the forum as it contains tons of info that will be invaluable to you both...

John

Hi Andy and welcome back&#33;

I&#39;ve only been on this Forum since Feb, so I didn&#39;t come across the posts you made in July last year till now.
    It seems that Pete and Keith advised you then that the easiest way is to get a fiancee visa (which is what Mel and I did this year) but it&#39;s too late for that now&#33; Still, you&#39;ve already been through the hassle of getting married in the Philippines, so we&#39;ll have to take it from there. I know you want to get the spouse visa as soon as possible - we all do&#33; - but there are no short cuts, unfortunately, either on the Embassy&#39;s part or on your part.

As John has just said, PREPARE - and prepare well. Read this forum, read Pete&#39;s site, understand the process and requirements, and ask questions about anything you don&#39;t understand, however trivial or minor it may seem. The process is not complicated or scary, just a pain. Just because you are married does not mean the the Embassy will automatically grant a visa&#33; Do the groundwork and make sure you have LOTS of supporting evidence - the more the better.

You talk to your wife online? I would advise you to point her to this forum and Pete&#39;s site too so that SHE can understand the process, since she is the the one that will have to be interviewed if the Embassy deem that necessary. Work on it together as much as possible. Yes it will take a lot of time when you&#39;d rather be talking about better things&#33; But it is both necessary and (eventually&#33 worthwhile&#33;

Without help, advice and support from this forum, Mel and I would most likely have had our application refused. This is the place for you to be if you want to get it right. There are people here who want to help, people with experience. Just listen to what they say and have said - even if you think it sounds like a waste of time: you will have to deal with the British Embassy in Manila and commonsense does not always apply&#33;

Ivor and Mel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 16 2006, 10&#58;15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Hi Andy and welcome back&#33;

I&#39;ve only been on this Forum since Feb, so I didn&#39;t come across the posts you made in July last year till now.
    It seems that Pete and Keith advised you then that the easiest way is to get a fiancee visa (which is what Mel and I did this year) but it&#39;s too late for that now&#33; Still, you&#39;ve already been through the hassle of getting married in the Philippines, so we&#39;ll have to take it from there. I know you want to get the spouse visa as soon as possible - we all do&#33; - but there are no short cuts, unfortunately, either on the Embassy&#39;s part or on your part.

As John has just said, PREPARE - and prepare well. Read this forum, read Pete&#39;s site, understand the process and requirements, and ask questions about anything you don&#39;t understand, however trivial or minor it may seem. The process is not complicated or scary, just a pain. Just because you are married does not mean the the Embassy will automatically grant a visa&#33; Do the groundwork and make sure you have LOTS of supporting evidence - the more the better.

You talk to your wife online? I would advise you to point her to this forum and Pete&#39;s site too so that SHE can understand the process, since she is the the one that will have to be interviewed if the Embassy deem that necessary. Work on it together as much as possible. Yes it will take a lot of time when you&#39;d rather be talking about better things&#33; But it is both necessary and (eventually&#33 worthwhile&#33;

Without help, advice and support from this forum, Mel and I would most likely have had our application refused. This is the place for you to be if you want to get it right. There are people here who want to help, people with experience. Just listen to what they say and have said - even if you think it sounds like a waste of time: you will have to deal with the British Embassy in Manila and commonsense does not always apply&#33;

Ivor and Mel
    [/b][/quote]

I could not have put it better myself, well done Ivor, nothing for me to add to that.

PETE

Thread Information