Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Respected Member
    hi guys specially pete!here i am again asking for another information..last night we are starting to fill up the application for my further leave to remain form and my husband and i cant work it out if i have to include now my husbands surname.it is ROYAN but i was thinking that maybe i should still stick on the name that i use in my passport.please help me pete i know you know about this heheheheh..we are really desperate to finish the application as my fiancee visa will expire on the 10th next month...
    thanks and and looking forward for all the information...

truelove26

Administrator
    You put whatever your legal name is now. So as you are married that is your husbands surname.

You should really get your passport changed to your real name ASAP, as it is an incorrectly named document if you wish to travel on it. Don't give the UK immigration any reason to question you upon re-entry.
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Apr 11 2006, 08&#58;12 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    hi guys specially pete&#33;here i am again asking for another information..last night we are starting to fill up the application for my further leave to remain form and my husband and i cant work it out if i have to include now my husbands surname.it is ROYAN but i was thinking that maybe i should still stick on the name that i use in my passport.please help me pete i know you know about this heheheheh..we are really desperate to finish the application as my fiancee visa will expire on the 10th next month...
    thanks and and looking forward for all the information...

truelove26
    [/b][/quote]

truelove26

Thank you for the accolade &#33; hahahaha, however, you must apply in your legal name, before you do so, it is my best advice, that you have your passport sent to the Philippine Embassy forthwith, and apply to have an alteration made, to your married name, this might be especially useful, since you are asking for further leave to remain, by this time, you should have married, and that is the basis on which your fiancee visa was issued.

It would be wise then, to have your passport now changed to that of your new name prior to sending in your Further leave to remain application.

the Cost of this is £15.00 and the application form can be found I beleive on the Website of the Philippine Embassy, http://www.philemb.org.uk/forms.html

Once having downloaded the amendment form, you should then send your passport to the Embassy, with a copy of your local marriage certificate, and other items as requested.

Also, if you are not in the London area, suggest you send them a pre-paid special delivery envelope, these can be obtained from your post office, suggest you pre-pay it, then all they have to do, is give it to the local post office to be sent back to you.

You may of course not choose to do this, but it would help your FLR application, they may wish to know why you are still applying in your maiden name, although with a local marriage certificate in evidence, that should not represent any problems.

So they are your 2 options.

You cannot really apply in your husbands name, unless your passport is altered to show that name, officially, but a consular officer at the Philippine Embassy.

I hope that helps.

Pete

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 11 2006, 10&#58;39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    truelove26
    Thank you for the accolade &#33; hahahaha, however, you must apply in your legal name, before you do so, it is my best advice, that you have your passport sent to the Philippine Embassy forthwith, and apply to have an alteration made, to your married name, this might be especially useful, since you are asking for further leave to remain, by this time, you should have married, and that is the basis on which your fiancee visa was issued.

It would be wise then, to have your passport now changed to that of your new name prior to sending in your Further leave to remain application.

the Cost of this is £15.00 and the application form can be found I beleive on the Website of the Philippine Embassy, http://www.philemb.org.uk/forms.html

Once having downloaded the amendment form, you should then send your passport to the Embassy, with a copy of your local marriage certificate, and other items as requested.

Also, if you are not in the London area, suggest you send them a pre-paid special delivery envelope, these can be obtained from your post office, suggest you pre-pay it, then all they have to do, is give it to the local post office to be sent back to you.

You may of course not choose to do this, but it would help your FLR application, they may wish to know why you are still applying in your maiden name, although with a local marriage certificate in evidence, that should not represent any problems.

So they are your 2 options.

You cannot really apply in your husbands name, unless your passport is altered to show that name, officially, but a consular officer at the Philippine Embassy.

I hope that helps.

Pete
    [/b][/quote]
    pete i hope i get this right...you mean that i will use my surname and not my husbands name at the moment...my visa will exorie on the 10th next month and i dont think it is possible to send my passport back to phillipinnes as we are running out of time...my real name is grecelyn corteza and as what i understand i will just stick to corteza and not my husbands surname(ROYAN)..please pete help....when gina applied for further leave to remain did she use your surname instead of what appears top her passport and visa?please i really need your help...

truelove 26

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Apr 11 2006, 11&#58;08 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    pete i hope i get this right...you mean that i will use my surname and not my husbands name at the moment...my visa will exorie on the 10th next month and i dont think it is possible to send my passport back to phillipinnes as we are running out of time...my real name is grecelyn corteza and as what i understand i will just stick to corteza and not my husbands surname(ROYAN)..please pete help....when gina applied for further leave to remain did she use your surname instead of what appears top her passport and visa?please i really need your help...

truelove 26
    [/b][/quote]

My belief is that is perfectly legal to retain your Filipino identity of your maiden name and there is no legal obligation to change that

on the ILR form my wife wrote her full maiden name (as per her Filipino passport) followed by her married name - ie First Name - Middle Name - Maiden Name - Married Name **

in her passport the spouse visa is endorsed "Wife of ................ " so there is no doubt as to either her identity of her married status

She only sent off the ILR form last week after we got a mortgage on on home to cover the application costs -
    I will post the results in due time

suggest you use the same name format ** on the application form - after all your husbands passport has to go in with the application

Good luck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 12 2006, 07&#58;53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    My belief is that is perfectly legal to retain your Filipino identity of your maiden name and there is no legal obligation to change that

on the ILR form my wife wrote her full maiden name (as per her Filipino passport) followed by her married name - ie First Name - Middle Name - Maiden Name - Married Name **

in her passport the spouse visa is endorsed "Wife of ................ " so there is no doubt as to either her identity of her married status

She only sent off the ILR form last week after we got a mortgage on on home to cover the application costs -

suggest you use the same name format ** on the application form - after all your husbands passport has to go in with the application

Good luck
    [/b][/quote]

Hello Truelove26,

Sorry about this if you feel confused, you are applying for FLR ( This is transfer from a Fiancee Marriage visa to a Spouse visa, which is issued by the Home office here in UK) however, unlike Gina who was married at the time she entered the United Kingdom, she does not require FLR, her next stage would be ILTR, which is different to your situation.

So, my advice still stands, your visa, does not say, "WIFE OF XXX ROYAN" It should say, marriage visa ( your husbands name).

If thats true, then your situation is not that of a spouse, now that you have married in the UK, your application to extend your stay for up to 2 years, should proceed, this is known as Further Leave to remain, which is what you have now.

My suggestion was, is to have your passport sent to the Philippine Embassy in London.

NOT PHILIPPINES &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Here are the details you require:

Application for passport (renewal, amendment or replacement) may be done in person, or by post with a registered, stamped self-addressed envelope.

The Embassy accepts completed passport applications with documentary requirements from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Mondays thru Fridays. Processed passports will be ready for collection or posting after 3 working days between 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm.

For mailed-in applications, please make sure that the application form is duly accomplished and photos attached. Please post your application directly to:

Passport Section
    The Philippine Embassy
    9A Palace Green
    London , W8 4QE

Please bring or enclose the corresponding fee for the passport service you require.

NOTE: We do not accept Personal Cheques. Make your payments in CASH, BRITISH POSTAL ORDER, or BANK DRAFT, payable to "Philippine Embassy".

IF APPLYING BY POST: The Embassy only accepts postal money order if your application is sent through post, please do not send any cash. Enclose a special delivery or recorded self-addressed envelope for the return of your passport. The Embassy in not responsible for any documents lost in the post.

http://www.philemb.org.uk/passport.html#passportamend

Here is the link you require to get the information regarding your passport amendment.

Once having your passport amended, would then show your husbands surname as the legal spouse in your passport, then you can apply for FLR.

I hope this had made the position clear, whilst the last post, may have had your best intentions at heart, the information is slightly not suited to your situation, since that post is referring to ILTR and not FLR as you are doing, so my advice is correct, the matter of course is up to you.

Best wishes.

Pete and Gina

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mupsuit &#064; Apr 12 2006, 07&#58;53 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Good luck
    [/b][/quote]
    thanks mupsuit.that is very helpful information..but if you dont mind i will come up up to a new question again ehhehehe...in section 2 in form FLR(M) there is about title(mr.mrs.ms.)do i need to put ms or mrs.i know this sounds i dont have a common sense but i just want to be realy sure.please please help..and also in my signature do i have to use the i signature that i use in my passport or do i need to change adding my married name...evrything is confusing for me coz i always worry i might do a wrong thing...please please help me..thnak you very much......

truelove26

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Apr 12 2006, 09&#58;24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    thanks mupsuit.that is very helpful information..but if you dont mind i will come up up to a new question again ehhehehe...in section 2 in form FLR(M) there is about title(mr.mrs.ms.)do i need to put ms or mrs.i know this sounds i dont have a common sense but i just want to be realy sure.please please help..and also in my signature do i have to use the i signature that i use in my passport or do i need to change adding my married name...evrything is confusing for me coz i always worry i might do a wrong thing...please please help me..thnak you very much......

truelove26
    [/b][/quote]

Truelove26,

I am speechless ??????????

oh well....in the words of the novelist Jane Austen&#39;s pride and prejudice, when the famous patriarch, Mr Bennett said to his daughter " Lizzy when speaking of their distain for Mr Collins"

"What are we here for, but to provide sport for them all, and to laugh at them in our turn"

I rest my case.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Apr 12 2006, 09&#58;42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Truelove26,
    I am speechless ??????????

oh well....in the words of the novelist Jane Austen&#39;s pride and prejudice, when the famous patriarch, Mr Bennett said to his daughter " Lizzy when speaking of their distain for Mr Collins"

"What are we here for, but to provide sport for them all, and to laugh at them in our turn"
    I rest my case.
    [/b][/quote]

Mr Bennett also famously said " Who would read novels when there is many narratives to be had &#33;"

Banned
    As I stated in another post, I still think its much easier if the passport was changed to that of the married name - I honestly believe it saves a lot of hassle in the long run, and anyway, it will have to be changed sometime.

Elsa did just that prior to the application for settlement visa. My train of thought is, "answer the questions before they ask it"

Pete is 100% correct, get the passport changed now&#33;

Respected Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(walesrob &#064; Apr 12 2006, 10&#58;21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    As I stated in another post, I still think its much easier if the passport was changed to that of the married name - I honestly believe it saves a lot of hassle in the long run, and anyway, it will have to be changed sometime.

Elsa did just that prior to the application for settlement visa. My train of thought is, "answer the questions before they ask it"

Pete is 100% correct, get the passport changed now&#33;
    [/b][/quote]
    guys what happen if i will apply with my passport unchange...i think we dont have enough time changing my passport.anyway my husband&#39;s passport will be included on my documents so i hope its enough...pete is right but then the time is running out for changing my passport name to my married name so is it still possible to apply for spousal visa using the same name in my passport...sorry for this queries guys and thanks once again for all your information....

truelove26

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Apr 12 2006, 11&#58;23 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    guys what happen if i will apply with my passport unchange...i think we dont have enough time changing my passport.anyway my husband&#39;s passport will be included on my documents so i hope its enough...pete is right but then the time is running out for changing my passport name to my married name so is it still possible to apply for spousal visa using the same name in my passport...sorry for this queries guys and thanks once again for all your information....

truelove26
    [/b][/quote]

Truelove26,

I understand that you would rather not have your passport changed to that of your husbands name, due to the time constraints placed on you, but you asked for our best advice, and 2 Forum Moderators have told you what is the best way for your situation, just because this course of action is inconvenient for you at this present time, then do what you think you should do.

Other than that, we cannot advise you any more in this, best wishes with your endeavours.

Is it necessary for Grecelyn to change her surname to that of her husband? Surely she can continue using her maiden name for as long as she wishes? That is quite common nowadays, isn&#39;t it? In which case, she could apply for FLR under the name on her passport, and if she DOES wish to change her surname, she could do that at her leisure once she has the FLR? Am I missing something here? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Ivor and Mel

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ivor&mel &#064; Apr 12 2006, 08&#58;52 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    Is it necessary for Grecelyn to change her surname to that of her husband? Surely she can continue using her maiden name for as long as she wishes? That is quite common nowadays, isn&#39;t it? In which case, she could apply for FLR under the name on her passport, and if she DOES wish to change her surname, she could do that at her leisure once she has the FLR? Am I missing something here? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]

Ivor and Mel
    [/b][/quote]

no Ivor youre not missing anything, the fact of the matter is, this lady was bum steered by a.n. other member who assumed she had a spouse visa, (this is common on this forum, where people do not read carefully the type of visa and circumstances before pronouncing their advice).

Once having been corrected, both Rob and I advised her on the best course, but rather than accept that, she chose to prefer the other course, it does not matter one way or the other whether she does it or not, she can apply on the maiden name if she wants, we are just saying it would keep it &#39;clean&#39; if the passport had been changed on marriage, but the decision lies with the applicant.

You know Ivor, there are some people in this world who are like this :

"They know its right but hope it isnt ?"

So, no doubt she will do as she pleases, thats the beauty of personal choice.

best wishes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Apr 12 2006, 09&#58;24 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    thanks mupsuit.that is very helpful information..but if you dont mind i will come up up to a new question again ehhehehe...in section 2 in form FLR(M)
    truelove26
    [/b][/quote]

Hello again

You have finally made your position clear - you are using form FLR(M) and not form SET(M) - so you did not come on a spouse visa to the UK

Unless you have strong objections to being known by your married name then get the bus to London - have your old passport - marriage cert - photos etc with you and personally apply for a new passport in your married name

For sure this will strengthen your case for FLR making the application run smoothly -

I still believe that it is not mandatory to do this - but your application on form FLR(M) should be made in your married name - because that is legally who you are now - your signature should be your married signature and not the one on the passport - In my wife&#39;s case it the two signatures are easily recognisable as by the same hand -

You could always phone the IND and get their advice - this is the contact details

Immigration and Nationality Enquiry Bureau (INEB) on 0870 606 7766.

Remember to post the outcome of your enquiry so that any future queries on the same issues can benefit from your experience

Good luck

Respected Member
    hi guys&#33;sorry if you think im not taking your advises specially pete.but i hope you understand that im running out of time to make some changes in my passport so the best option at the moment is to apply using my maiden name.as what ived understand it is possible to apply not using my husband surname and what appears on my passport.also i called the number that mupsuit gave me and the guy that i spoke with said that i am the main applicant so all the information will be base on me...it should still be my maiden name and not my husband&#39;s surename...now evrything is clear for me...
    sorry for all the trouble and thank you very much for all your help..i would never have any second thoughts also helping any of you there who have the same situation as me...

truelove26

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(truelove26 &#064; Apr 13 2006, 10&#58;35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    hi guys&#33;sorry if you think im not taking your advises specially pete.but i hope you understand that im running out of time to make some changes in my passport so the best option at the moment is to apply using my maiden name.as what ived understand it is possible to apply not using my husband surname and what appears on my passport.also i called the number that mupsuit gave me and the guy that i spoke with said that i am the main applicant so all the information will be base on me...it should still be my maiden name and not my husband&#39;s surename...now evrything is clear for me...
    sorry for all the trouble and thank you very much for all your help..i would never have any second thoughts also helping any of you there who have the same situation as me...

truelove26
    [/b][/quote]

Well I guess thats the end of this thread then, another satisfied customer &#33;

Thread Information