Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Re: spouse want to study

hi, just like to know if your holding a spouse visa you can have a course and study here in UK or nope bcoz is studying part of public funds?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggers0608 View Post
    hi, just like to know if your holding a spouse visa you can have a course and study here in UK or nope bcoz is studying part of public funds?

Good question...........

Come on folks, Jet might need that too.... And i can't find anything.

what type of studying ? why do you think it has anything to do with public funds ? do you mean courses which are advertised as being 'free'

if i remember correctly if you want to goto college or uni, unless you've been in the uk 3 years and have ILR then you would have to pay international fees

the only public funds are

income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
    Income Support
    Child Tax Credit
    Working Tax Credit
    a Social Fund payment
    Child Benefit
    Housing Benefit
    Council Tax Benefit
    State Pension Credit
    Attendance Allowance
    Severe Disablement Allowance
    Carer's Allowance
    Disability Living Allowance
    local authority housing, and
    local authority homelessness assistance

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...ublicfunds.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    if i remember correctly if you want to goto college or uni, unless you've been in the uk 3 years and have ILR then you would have to pay international fees

if my hubby is on DAL will it affect my application for FLR??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post

if my hubby is on DAL will it affect my application for FLR??
    You haven't been here two minutes and already have worn him out....????

london well away from those people up norf
    Quote Originally Posted by aromulus View Post
    Good question...........

Come on folks, Jet might need that too.... And i can't find anything.

From what i know about college courses and uni courses you have to show you are a resident other wise its treated as if you have come from abroad.

I think some English courses are treated differently, but from what i read and hear the waiting lists go round the corner and up the hill.

Best thing is to ring up the local college and ask their admin deparment.

Back in 2005 i went on a course and they ask me on the phone if i was a british resident etc. When i got there bringing paperwork and my Passport they were not intrested and i went straight onto the course. I had to pay a fee but far cheaper than if i went to a private college.

Some basic adult education courses no one will be bothered on more expensive qualfication (gcse etc) due to the sheer cost they seem more intrested.

in 2005 october or november the rules changed and the college have to check otherwise i presume the grant they get will be affected.

Many courses which may be of use to your Wife Dom you will have to pay for as they will be professional courses. My Wife was lucky her company paid for her to do a food hygiene course which she passed and was one of only three out of about twenty from various branchs of her workplace to pass, in fact her manager only passed (he told me this) because my wife helped him.
    Our local college does an all day course and its eighty quid to do i think its roughly the full price you might find in a private college so they may not ask for any detaisl for those who knows as usual it depends on the person you have contact and the colleges actual day to day procedure.

Whats Jet po looking at doing?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by andypaul View Post
    Whats Jet po looking at doing?
    Not quite sure yet herself.

I would be quite happy if she took a basic english language course first, so that she would feel more confident in getting into some heavier stuff.

I feel it in my bones tho, that if it costs anything at all, she will decline it altogether... saying......

Wala kwarta, oy........

london well away from those people up norf
    Not quite sure yet herself.

I would be quite happy if she took a basic english language course first, so that she would feel more confident in getting into some heavier stuff.

I feel it in my bones tho, that if it costs anything at all, she will decline it altogether... saying......

Wala kwarta, oy........

Maybe worth getting some brochures from the local college and adult education centre. The courses which caught my wifes eye were very different to what i would have thought.

It may cost but im sure a rich man like you Dom can handle it just don't let Jet know the money came from the Shopping mall trip fund

I tried looking at the Open University and I find some courses there cheaper but I dont know if it's really cheaper as what I think..

but there are some free english classes here near us so its also a help for me..

Wala kwarta, oy........

you might be able to get on some short english courses for free, as some are funded by the EU,

but for the open uni and many fulltime and even parttime college courses, you might have to pay international fees .
    and they are not cheap at all

what type of studying ? why do you think it has anything to do with public funds ? do you mean courses which are advertised as being 'free'

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sit...ublicfunds.pdf

hi kuya joe i like to study midwife but i dont know if i can since im under spouse visa. is it possible to study midwife in college or university under a temporary 2 years visa?

it says on the public funds link is .... HEALTHCARE and EDUCATION also do not count as public funds.- although your immigration status will affect whether your eligible for them.

is there any free course?

Devon - no - Oxford - no - Stalybridge - no - errr - UK

Smile

I will teach anyone as long as they've got the readies.

Hmmm! I'm in Phils. at the mo.

Al.

hi kuya joe i like to study midwife but i dont know if i can since im under spouse visa. is it possible to study midwife in college or university under a temporary 2 years visa?

it says on the public funds link is .... HEALTHCARE and EDUCATION also do not count as public funds.- although your immigration status will affect whether your eligible for them.

is there any free course?
    i think you would have to pay , find a course you like and ask them, but i'm sure you would have to pay, find out what the entry requirements you would need to do that course , you might need IELTS ( english test ) so you could do that, the exam cost £100, but might be better to take any exams you need now, and when you've had ILR for a year, then goto uni and you should have the entry requirements already done and not have to pay international uni fees..

why don't you find a job working for the nhs, take nearly anything, just to get your foot in the door, some jobs in the nhs are offered only internally, then move up to a better job, my wife works as a SATO, senior assistant technical officer, she works 5 hrs a day, the pay is ok, but shes been sent on a few courses that the nhs have paid for, shes a registered doc in the phils, but studying to pass the uk exams so she can work as a doc here, but shes had a lot of help from her manager and when she passes they will help her alot more to.

so find out what you want to do, and spend the next couple of years doing any entry exams you might need and get some experience working in the nhs and then goto uni to be a midwife

good luck

you might be able to get on some short english courses for free, as some are funded by the EU,

but for the open uni and many fulltime and even parttime college courses, you might have to pay international fees .
    and they are not cheap at all
    i wonder where to look for an english course for free coz i would really like that lol, got problems with saying F it sounded like P lol, and my TH sounded lik T lol.

i wonder where to look for an english course for free coz i would really like that lol, got problems with saying F it sounded like P lol, and my TH sounded lik T lol.
    local college might do a short english course for free,

Thread Information