Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

COVID-19 & VACCINE FACTUAL INFORMATION

THE LANCET – No.1 Scientific peer-reviewed publication
BRITISH MEDIAL JOURNAL (BMJ) – World respected journal for scientists and medical experts
CENTERS FOR DISEASE AND PREVENTION (CDC) – No.1 US site for health information
WORLD HEALTH ORGINISATION (WHO) – COVID-19 & Vaccine myths


Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    British citizenship when to apply

    Hi folks

    my wife got her residence visa in january this year so when can she apply for british citizenship and how long does it take and cost ?
    also my wife gave birth while here in uk and gave me a wonderfull son who now has a british passport but we was reading on the filipino embassy site in london they also class my son as filipino as his mother was filipino so does this mean hes entitled to a filipino passport also ?

    thanks


  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    N. Wales, Wrexham
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Hi folks

    my wife got her residence visa in january this year so when can she apply for british citizenship and how long does it take and cost ?
    also my wife gave birth while here in uk and gave me a wonderfull son who now has a british passport but we was reading on the filipino embassy site in london they also class my son as filipino as his mother was filipino so does this mean hes entitled to a filipino passport also ?

    thanks

    Congrats dad and mum.....


    I guess that the baby is entiled to dual citizenship, but I am sure that the other guys will be able to confirm that better.


  3. #3
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,161
    Rep Power
    150
    citizenship cost £655 at the mo, but my guess is that next april it will go to at least the same cost as ILR and probably more.

    so it might be a good idea to apply for it asap.


    as for how long it can take, from a month or so to 6 months or more... but there could be alot more people applying before april, incase there are some nasty in store.


  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    citizenship cost £655 at the mo, but my guess is that next april it will go to at least the same cost as ILR and probably more.

    so it might be a good idea to apply for it asap.


    as for how long it can take, from a month or so to 6 months or more... but there could be alot more people applying before april, incase there are some nasty in store.
    Thanks for the answer but dont my wife have to be here 3 years or more before applying ?


  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Red Rose County, UK
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Hi folks

    my wife got her residence visa in january this year so when can she apply for british citizenship and how long does it take and cost ?
    also my wife gave birth while here in uk and gave me a wonderfull son who now has a british passport but we was reading on the filipino embassy site in london they also class my son as filipino as his mother was filipino so does this mean hes entitled to a filipino passport also ?

    thanks
    Now that your wife is already a residence, she has to wait another more year before she can apply for her citizenship. Indeed, your son is a dual citizen. So, you can apply a passport for your son.


  6. #6
    Respected Member LadyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quezon City,Phils & Cambridgeshire,UK
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Hi folks

    my wife got her residence visa in january this year so when can she apply for british citizenship and how long does it take and cost ?
    also my wife gave birth while here in uk and gave me a wonderfull son who now has a british passport but we was reading on the filipino embassy site in london they also class my son as filipino as his mother was filipino so does this mean hes entitled to a filipino passport also ?

    thanks
    WHat you read on Philippine Embassy website was obviously correct. Report your sons birth on the Phil EMb before he turns 1 year old If not you will pay a late registration fee, i think £18.
    Not an expert, I only try to help.


  7. #7
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,161
    Rep Power
    150
    when you can apply for citizenship depends on how long your wife has been in the uk and what type of visa she came to the uk on.

    but for most on here who came to the uk on a spouse visa, its 3 years. after 2 years in the uk on a spouse visa she should have got ILR, and 1 year after that then she can apply for citizenship.

    ILR could be scrapped in the future, 60% of those who have ILR go on to apply for citizenship, the gov want the other 40% to decide. if they do this whats the point of ILR ? or only give you ILR for a set time period, who knows what their plans are. but there are 100,000s on ILR here.


  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    ILR could be scrapped in the future, 60% of those who have ILR go on to apply for citizenship, the gov want the other 40% to decide. if they do this whats the point of ILR ? or only give you ILR for a set time period, who knows what their plans are. but there are 100,000s on ILR here.
    One reason: Money. What else?!!


  9. #9
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,161
    Rep Power
    150
    not only money, but to drag the process out, get you to work for free in the community and what ever else the can come up with...

    immigration process is suppose to be getting simpler, but more restrictions, visa's more expensive and with tests and no doubt longer to get citizenship ... i feel sorry for those who have to go thru the process now and in the future


  10. #10
    Respected Member alicat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Isle of Wight
    Posts
    937
    Rep Power
    59
    immigration process is suppose to be getting simpler, but more restrictions, visa's more expensive and with tests and no doubt longer to get citizenship ... i feel sorry for those who have to go thru the process now and in the future [/QUOTE]

    yah,i agree


  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,042
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    immigration process is suppose to be getting simpler, but more restrictions, visa's more expensive and with tests and no doubt longer to get citizenship ... i feel sorry for those who have to go thru the process now and in the future
    Yeah I'll never get my visa to go to England


  12. #12
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,161
    Rep Power
    150
    with all the media hype about the number of immigrants in the uk, the gov wants to look like its not got out of control, they can not control people from europe coming to the uk unless they go begging to brussels, the easy targets are the ones from outside europe.. , they're the ones who will suffer the most..


  13. #13
    Moderator joebloggs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere else
    Posts
    23,161
    Rep Power
    150
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Yeah I'll never get my visa to go to England
    who knows rob, maybe one day you will need one , even better you will need one to settle in wales scouser keith will be heading back up north to lillypud


  14. #14
    andypaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    london well away from those people up norf
    Posts
    4,932
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by walesrob View Post
    Yeah I'll never get my visa to go to England

    Why would England want you

    You speak English, law abiding, like to help people and community minded Lets face it your got no chance


  15. #15
    andypaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    london well away from those people up norf
    Posts
    4,932
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    when you can apply for citizenship depends on how long your wife has been in the uk and what type of visa she came to the uk on.

    but for most on here who came to the uk on a spouse visa, its 3 years. after 2 years in the uk on a spouse visa she should have got ILR, and 1 year after that then she can apply for citizenship.

    ILR could be scrapped in the future, 60% of those who have ILR go on to apply for citizenship, the gov want the other 40% to decide. if they do this whats the point of ILR ? or only give you ILR for a set time period, who knows what their plans are. but there are 100,000s on ILR here.
    there was a thread on what the goverment are dreamimg up with a link to the green paper which Joe is sumarising worth having a skim though to get an idea of what might happen.


  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks all i guess one more year then to go then my wife can apply then we can travel without the agro of getting visa for her just to have a holiday in the sun.
    Yes my wife was on spouse visa so next january we go thru it all again with the paper work.

    Please can someone tell me what it means at the bottom of the form for reporting his birth ?

    thanks


  17. #17
    Respected Member LadyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quezon City,Phils & Cambridgeshire,UK
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post

    Please can someone tell me what it means at the bottom of the form for reporting his birth ?

    thanks
    I didn't quite get that.. what form are you talking about?
    Not an expert, I only try to help.


  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    I didn't quite get that.. what form are you talking about?
    Here is the link LadyJ but i think it my just be for offical use

    http://www.philembassy-uk.org/userfiles/file/rob3.pdf


  19. #19
    Respected Member LadyJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Quezon City,Phils & Cambridgeshire,UK
    Posts
    2,032
    Rep Power
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by chippy View Post
    Here is the link LadyJ but i think it my just be for offical use

    http://www.philembassy-uk.org/userfiles/file/rob3.pdf
    I think so
    Not an expert, I only try to help.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How do I apply my child for British citizenship?
    By xenon in forum UK VISA/British Citizenship
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 17th February 2014, 20:56
  2. When can you apply british citizenship?
    By scottishbride in forum UK VISA/British Citizenship
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 25th July 2012, 17:42
  3. British Citizenship -- apply in two weeks before due.
    By scottishbride in forum UK VISA/British Citizenship
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26th June 2012, 12:39
  4. time to apply for citizenship
    By joebloggs in forum UK VISA/British Citizenship
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 14th March 2009, 23:47

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Filipino Forum : Philippine Forum