Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chances of getting an English man...

Hi it's me again!

Haven't posted in a while - been really busy. But I'm back with a question that has been bugging me.

Do British guys like intelligent girls? How much value do they give in this quality in a woman over the physical?

I'm asking this because, I have a friend who is in-love with an English guy(who seems to be very smart). But she has doubts that he will like her(pay attention to her) because she is Filipina and not that skinny sexy like other girls. She is very pretty actually - very. However she's not your typical effeminate girl.

Do you think she has a chance?

And what do British guys think about being courted? Or girls making the first move? Like what if they received flowers or a painting from a girl? Will they be turned-off?

different. horses for different courses

some like the going soft , rather than the firm

How much value do they give in this quality in a woman / over the physical?
    0% / 100% is the norm
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Respected Member
    Tell your friend to go for it. I assume they are quite friendly to each other, and that he is single.

Personally, intelligence is more important than physical looks. I mean, we are looking for a girl to spend our lives with. It will be pretty useless if we are 70, and find ourselves with a partner to whom we cannot talk. Looks can be important - first impression and all that - but I think someone with a sense of humour is much more important.

About girls making the first move. That is allowed. I personally wouldn't like flowers from a girl (being a tough Welsh lad - just kidding), but my gf sent me a painting of Mount Apo (she did it herself) for my 29th birthday. On my 31st, we were both in HK and she wrote a message on the mirror in lipstick. Both those things are memorable - light hearted, and special.

However, I would be put off by receiving a gift from a girl who hasn't declared an interest in me. That may scare me off personally.

So, tell her to go for it. Every guy is different. If she is getting some signals from him, then why not? Fortune favours the brave. Good luck to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ady View Post
    Tell your friend to go for it. I assume they are quite friendly to each other, and that he is single.

Personally, intelligence is more important than physical looks. I mean, we are looking for a girl to spend our lives with. It will be pretty useless if we are 70, and find ourselves with a partner to whom we cannot talk. Looks can be important - first impression and all that - but I think someone with a sense of humour is much more important.
    your right about telling her to go for it, go with the flow, see where she ends up

intelligence, hmmm wife is brilliant academically , but lacks common sense , maybe you can't have both , as for being intelligent and good looking, can you be both

well little joe, hes got my good looks and from what i can see, my common sense, as for him having the wife brains i hope so , anyway 2 out of 3 is not bad

i agree sense of 'humor' is important, if you can't laugh at someone, who can you laugh at

About girls making the first move. That is allowed. I personally wouldn't like flowers from a girl (being a tough Welsh lad - just kidding), but my gf sent me a painting of Mount Apo (she did it herself) for my 29th birthday. On my 31st, we were both in HK and she wrote a message on the mirror in lipstick. Both those things are memorable - light hearted, and special.

However, I would be put off by receiving a gift from a girl who hasn't declared an interest in me. That may scare me off personally.

So, tell her to go for it. Every guy is different. If she is getting some signals from him, then why not? Fortune favours the brave. Good luck to her.
    Thanks much for your insight and encouragement on this Ady! Wow, your gf is really sweet. And you must really love her to appreciate her effort - you two are lucky to have each other. Good luck to both of you.

Respected Member
    Don't forget to tell us how your friend gets on Ms Rae.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ms rae View Post
    And what do British guys think about being courted? Or girls making the first move? Like what if they received flowers or a painting from a girl? Will they be turned-off?
    i think the guy would be caught off guard if the girl tells him she would court her. it is not normal for girls to court men, especially if you are a filipina. BUT there is nothing wrong in making the first move though. sometimes it helps "break the ice" cos some men are likely to be "torpe".

as to giving flowers or presents, that is OK... surely they would appreciate it. not sure about the flowers though... i have been told by a british friend not to send flowers to men... only gay men get them. But it is sweet to send your man some flowers.

but be sure that you know the person well enough before you do these things. just to be sure he wont get offended po.

Banned
    lets be honest, how many brit guys are looking for intelectual filipinas that are not so feminine?

0/0%.

Quote Originally Posted by RHB View Post
    lets be honest, how many brit guys are looking for intelectual filipinas that are not so feminine?

0/0%.
    who wants a good looking dumb barbie doll would rather be with a good looking intelectual filipina, or do women with brains you RHB

Don't forget to tell us how your friend gets on Ms Rae.
    Of course! Thanks again Ady!

Quote Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    i think the guy would be caught off guard if the girl tells him she would court her. it is not normal for girls to court men, especially if you are a filipina. BUT there is nothing wrong in making the first move though. sometimes it helps "break the ice" cos some men are likely to be "torpe".

as to giving flowers or presents, that is OK... surely they would appreciate it. not sure about the flowers though... i have been told by a british friend not to send flowers to men... only gay men get them. But it is sweet to send your man some flowers.

but be sure that you know the person well enough before you do these things. just to be sure he wont get offended po.
    That's great advice Mich thank you very much! You're very open minded. I wish a lot of guys were like you. Haha yeah. I think flowers are a bit risky to give but I guess if the guys would think of it as just a form of endearment, it shouldn't be so degrading of their masculinity right? I myself would give my man flowers - that is if I really love him. Flowers are just so innocent... and yes, you're right - sweet.

Banned
    Joe
    your just rude, but it's ok,
    My tastes run towards intelligent,(not intelectual) there is a difference, and attractive women, but I asked the question first.

like I said how many guys, are looking for intellectual ugly girls?
    Let's be real.

Joe
    your just rude, but it's ok,
    My tastes run towards intelligent,(not intelectual) there is a difference, and attractive women, but I asked the question first.

Let's be real.
    depends how much money she has

, i'm being rude , you're the one who keeps slagging off filipina's not me , only filipina i've ever called is the misses, but thats northern humour for you..

intelligent or intelectual, can be the same... or same difference

Joe
    Let's be real.

what about u RHB what do u prefer??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
    what about u RHB what do u prefer??
    This kind, intellgent, attractive 41 years old.
    BTW, not our child, a rental.
    Attached Images Attached Images

for you RHB

you can be all 3, intelligent, intelectual and good looking , just like my wife , just incase she ever finds out about this forum

there

Quote Originally Posted by ms rae View Post
    That's great advice Mich thank you very much! You're very open minded. I wish a lot of guys were like you. .......
    I'm pretty certain Mich doesn't have meat 'n' two veg.....although haven't looked to check

Respected Member
    Am i being mistaken as a GUY again????

Am i being mistaken as a GUY again????
    What are you trying to tell us Michael?
    You like dressing up in women's clothes?

Respected Member
    err -

Banned
    huh ! now i am confused of MICH Michael or Michelle -------------------------------

Respected Member
    its Michelle po... my bf's name is Kalbo

oh no Mich why they always mistaken ur identity??he he he

Let's be real.
    I only said she wasn't that feminine. I didn't say she was ugly. Unless that means one and the same to you.

its Michelle po... my bf's name is Kalbo
    Oh dear! Sorry Mich. My bad!

Banned
    [QUOTE=ms rae;56098]I only said she wasn't that feminine. I didn't say she was ugly. Unless that means one and the same to you.

OK then she looks like a man? That's a definately a turn off for most men, unless brits like em that way...the tomboy look

Respected Member
    it is ok, guys... i am used to being mistaken as a guy. maybe its my name. i know i dont look like a man

it is ok, guys... i am used to being mistaken as a guy. maybe its my name. i know i dont look like a man
    Hi Mr Mich

Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    Hi Mr Mich

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    who wants a good looking dumb barbie doll would rather be with a good looking intelectual filipina,
    Yup, my wife's got good looks AND brains, the full package!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gavanddal View Post
    Yup, my wife's got good looks AND brains, the full package!!
    Does your Filipina mistress know about this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information