Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

My fiance from France is disable

Hi, My fiance from france age 60 has disability..We decided to get married as soon as possible and possibly in france.As far as my knowledge is concerned about fiance visas in France, the person should come to Philippines and get married here.In my fiance's case being disable,is it possible the marriage be done in france and is it possible that i can get a fiance visa to get there.In his condition long travel is really tiring and i worry so much.Is there any other way or option in our decision get married in france?

Quote Originally Posted by sheilajamlang View Post
    Hi, My fiance from france age 60 has disability..We decided to get married as soon as possible and possibly in france.As far as my knowledge is concerned about fiance visas in France, the person should come to Philippines and get married here.In my fiance's case being disable,is it possible the marriage be done in france and is it possible that i can get a fiance visa to get there.In his condition long travel is really tiring and i worry so much.Is there any other way or option in our decision get married in france?
    Hi Sheilajamlang, welcome to the forum.

You're mixing things, a fiance visa is for marrying in France and if you marry in the Philippines it's a Spouse visa.

Anyway in both cases you will need an interview together at the Embassy (laws have changed on this, they need to see both of you). And your Fiancé/Husband will have to bring papers that are not so safe to send as they will want to see original papers and not only xerox copies (and he will have to fill-in and sign some too).

Fiancé visa is not easy to get (but not impossible), several travels to the Philippines to see you and your family will be a plus to get it (even if not easy in your case).

Learning French in the Phillipines prior to the visa would give you an advantage (even if you're not fluent). As I read you're from Cebu, you can go to CMLI (Cebu Multicultural Learning Institute), they have a French training there. It will ease your French learning in France after (mastering French language is required to get a long stay residency card). Learning to drive and obtain your driving licence in the Philippines will be really useful (and not expensive regarding the cost of it in France) as you will be able to convert it to a French one for free in France (but only within the 1st year of stay, after you will have to learn in France at full cost).

Good luck.
    Best regards.
    Yves

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Thank you so very much Yves..your answer truly helps..God bless you..I was really confuse of Spouse or Fiance VisaI will take your advice.. i already have a Phil. Drivers License and know how to drive, will contact CMLI for inquiry and enroll..Thank you and your forum truly helpful..

For your driving license, don't go for the international one it's not useful (and it's validity is less). It's the normal one that is recognized by French local administration (and French insurances). Just be sure that your licence validity is at least more than 1 year before your travel (it has to be valid to be use and converted). So you will be able to drive a French car with it but only for the 1st year of stay. You will have to convert it during the 1st year as soon as you get your 1st official 1 year residency card (this will take some months anyway, you will have a temporary status in the meantime).

CMLI French training has 6 levels if I remember well. You may not follow all depending the time you have and the cost. My Wife followed only one, but it was really helpful. They training was done by a Filipino who was a teacher in France for years, so the level was quite good. And you can ask explanations is tagalog or cebuano (what you can't do in France). But in your case I would try to follow more than 1 level so that you would not be fully lost as you may have to do more things alone when in France. In French administrations, they seldom speak English...

In which area of France will you reside?

Feel free to ask any questions, but better to go in the section European/World: Immigration/VISA Help & Information to avoid interference with UK related questions...
    Best regards.
    Yves

Thread Information