Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newbie (Restricted Access)

Anyone know when the London festival is -I know usually around mid/end July
    Do you need tickets in advance? if so where from?
    Thank you

Originally posted by mirla kenward@Mar 9 2006, 10:16 PM
    Anyone know when the London festival is -I know usually around mid/end July
    Do you need tickets in advance? if so where from?
    Thank you
    Hi Mirla,

and welcome to the forum, i think i read somewhere that it is usually on around the 21st July but if the date is different someone here will give the correct date as although i have never been i think it is very popular with the forum members.

There will be plenty about it coming closer to the time so keep an eye on this forum and give yourself time to get to know people here

John

The Barrio Fiesta - UK Gathering for 60,000 + Filipinos and British visitors for 2006

The Philippine Center for Overseas Contract workers and families has announced the dates for this years barrio fiesta.

It is to be held on the 16th 17th July 2006, at Lampton Park, Hounslow Middlesex, this year promises to be as good as last year, for all those who attended.

The gathering is in the Civic Park near Lampton road, behind the Council offices, Parking is provided for car users, in a nearby field, cost is around £5.00 per car, also coaches and light buses are accomodated.

There is no entry fee to this event, entry is free, for anyone to join in, from the passing public and all visitors, coaches come from all over UK to attend, this is a chance for all the Filipinos who are currently working or living in UK to attend with their families.

I belong to a large group in London, of Overseas contract workers, British and others, who normally join up at the event, we do it on the basis of someone brings the beers, someone the snacks, and so forth, we all meet up around the ABS CBN T.V. Stand for the main events in the morning at around 11.00am.

Temperatures reached 36 + degrees last year, it was a scorcher, and a great weekend away, many members of this forum promised to meet me, but sadly, no one did, so lets not make promises about who is coming this year, because we all know what good intentions are hahahah, but anyone who does want to join our group is welcome, there will be lots of food filipino style, drinks, Western Union are there, offering a lower transmittal rate for remittances on the day, also, ABS-CBN, there will be a Gig by NuGroovz, a local Filipino British Band, who some of us know quite well, and lots of other variety style performances Filipino style.

There should be in the region of 60,000 visitors, but there is plenty of room to wander around, the park is very big, and stalls are well spread out, its a great weekend out, and I hope anyone who goes enjoys the weekend.

If I hear anything else I will post it on this thread.

For those travelling by public transport, you can get a tube on the Picadilly Line out to Hounslow Central Station and then walk up to Lampton Park on foot, you can acess the Picadilly from any of the central overland stations in London.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ginapeterb &#064; Mar 10 2006, 05&#58;13 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    <span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%">The Barrio Fiesta - UK Gathering for 60,000 + Filipinos and British visitors for 2006</span>

The Philippine Center for Overseas Contract workers and families has announced the dates for this years barrio fiesta.

It is to be held on the 16th 17th July 2006, at Lampton Park, Hounslow Middlesex, this year promises to be as good as last year, for all those who attended.

The gathering is in the Civic Park near Lampton road, behind the Council offices, Parking is provided for car users, in a nearby field, cost is around £5.00 per car, also coaches and light buses are accomodated.

There is no entry fee to this event, entry is free, for anyone to join in, from the passing public and all visitors, coaches come from all over UK to attend, this is a chance for all the Filipinos who are currently working or living in UK to attend with their families.

I belong to a large group in London, of Overseas contract workers, British and others, who normally join up at the event, we do it on the basis of someone brings the beers, someone the snacks, and so forth, we all meet up around the ABS CBN T.V. Stand for the main events in the morning at around 11.00am.

Temperatures reached 36 + degrees last year, it was a scorcher, and a great weekend away, many members of this forum promised to meet me, but sadly, no one did, so lets not make promises about who is coming this year, because we all know what good intentions are hahahah, but anyone who does want to join our group is welcome, there will be lots of food filipino style, drinks, Western Union are there, offering a lower transmittal rate for remittances on the day, also, ABS-CBN, there will be a Gig by NuGroovz, a local Filipino British Band, who some of us know quite well, and lots of other variety style performances Filipino style.

There should be in the region of 60,000 visitors, but there is plenty of room to wander around, the park is very big, and stalls are well spread out, its a great weekend out, and I hope anyone who goes enjoys the weekend.

If I hear anything else I will post it on this thread.

For those travelling by public transport, you can get a tube on the Picadilly Line out to Hounslow Central Station and then walk up to Lampton Park on foot, you can acess the Picadilly from any of the central overland stations in London.
    [/b][/quote]

Pete,

is it difficult to get accommodation near where the festival is held?

john

Pete,

if i have worked out the dates correctly the event is on a Sunday & Monday which seems unusual as i thought something like that would be a Sat & Sun....

Just double checking as i am looking into it to see if both Rhea & i can make it...

london well away from those people up norf
    The festival is in Hounslow which is real near Heathrow which has loads of airports as you can imagine, in fact if you take the tube from heathrow on the picadilly line its only a few stops tot hounslow central station which is nearby lampton park.

From Heathrow terminals 123 you can also get a 111 bus which takes you to hounslow, and a bus from terminal four also but forgotten the number.

If you splash out on a Hotel airport many of the buses passing take you straight to hounslow also.

If like guys i know who come into watch the football from northern ireland/ireland during the season at stanstead airport you can get to hounslow also via train to totenham hale then victoria line a few stops and change at finsbury park on to the picadilly line but its a fairly long ride on the tube.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(andypaul &#064; Jun 11 2006, 06&#58;14 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
    The festival is in Hounslow which is real near Heathrow which has loads of airports as you can imagine, in fact if you take the tube from heathrow on the picadilly line its only a few stops tot hounslow central station which is nearby lampton park.

From Heathrow terminals 123 you can also get a 111 bus which takes you to hounslow, and a bus from terminal four also but forgotten the number.

If you splash out on a Hotel airport many of the buses passing take you straight to hounslow also.

If like guys i know who come into watch the football from northern ireland/ireland during the season at stanstead airport you can get to hounslow also via train to totenham hale then victoria line a few stops and change at finsbury park on to the picadilly line but its a fairly long ride on the tube.
    [/b][/quote]

John I apologize, I think its 15th and 16th of July this year, and not 16th 17th as I had previously put, as Andypaul says, there are lots of hotels in Heathrow Airport area, and you will have no trouble getting to Hounslow Central station on Picadilly, its about 2 or 3 stops down, past Hatton Cross, hope that helps.

Pete

Administrator
    There&#39;s a nice green outside our nieces house if anyone has a tent&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Regards,

Keith & Ping

Free Asian dating & forum - www.filipinouk.co.uk
    Subscription dating, 1000's of members - www.asiansingle4u.com
    Professional gambling & forum - www.win2win.co.uk
    Betting bot reviews - www.exchangebots.com
    Professional poker & forum - www.win2winpoker.co.uk
    Astronomy forum - www.astronomy-forum.co.uk
    Company site - www.win2win-limited.co.uk

A tent

We have a tent, does your green accomodate a 6 man tent, its a bit big !

If so and the weather holds we'll be there, seeing as Glastonbury isnt on this year !

Russ&Wena

Newbie (Restricted Access)

filipino barrio fiesta

Hi, I read some of your post and sounds like you've been to the event, could please tell me if there is a place where we could camp in there? Hope you'll answer my query. Thank you.

CAMP It's London....the tent would not be there when you woke up
    Keith Driscoll - Administrator
    Managing Director, Win2Win Limited

Much safer in Liverpool then eh?

Of course, you just sleep in someone elses car

The Barrio Fiesta is on for this weekend don't forget, July 15 and 16, I will be there on Saturday with other couples, and you girls

DONT FORGET YOUR PAYONG !!

Payong?! Why? Is rain expected?

Where will we find you again Pete? We're going on Saturday with our boys. Should be fun!

Gin said....you have to bring your payong as it is so hot there. !! around 33 is expected, last year was 38, ok Mrs Frivolity, I will be near the entertainment area, but you will spot me and Gin around I am sure, we may be with some other Brit-Fil couples, but not sure who is coming as yet, as some are in Tampo right now, so we dont know who is coming.

Gotcha! I've forgotten how we Pinoys use a brolly on a hot, sunny day. I did that once in town a long time ago and boy, did i get a lot of confused looks.

See you on Saturday. Can't wait!

yeah look forward to seeing you there, I am waiting to see if our best freinds are coming, but alas....she is in Tampo right now, and we dont know how long it will last, could be over tomorrow, might be on for a week, you know how it is we should be arriving around 10.30am, who is coming from the Forum ?

Come on you lot..the last time I showed up last year, I was on my own......

Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb
    ...she is in Tampo right now, ...
    who's that then?

We're definitely going to see you this year. I don't know why we missed each other last year. I think it's because we went on a Sunday. Have you still got the same mobile number? I'll PM you mine.

Thanks I have your mobile...you now have mine hopefully, maybe we can meet up around lunchtime for a chat, cant really say who is in tampo, as it might make it worse for that person, if they come they come, dont know at the moment, it could all turn sour at last moment....only time will tell.

I wish Rhea & i were able to make it but work does not permit so i hope everyone has a great time.....

Shame you cant join us John, I know Rhea would love it, tell her, the food is amazing, and the San Mig...but hopefully I will take lots of photos, and post them for you, take care John

Quote Originally Posted by ginapeterb
    Shame you cant join us John, I know Rhea would love it, tell her, the food is amazing, and the San Mig...but hopefully I will take lots of photos, and post them for you, take care John
    Maybe next year Pete or if another similiar event comes along. There was something like what is on this weekend a few weeks ago about 40 mins drive from here but on a smaller scale but we could not make that also and i know rhea would love it for sure. Have a great time everyone that is going and take plenty of pics

Lovely weather, great food, cold beer and good company. Absolutely fantastic!

Is this a caption competition?

Anyway, glad to hear you all had a good day. No doubt we'll be hearing all the details soon And don't forget to stick some pics in the Gallery!

It's a SPECSAVERS ad

Cielo...hahahahah thank you so for the photos, wow and we only just got home about 30 mins ago, wow that was quick, it was great for Cielo and Bill and Gavin, Stephen Lorna, Bianca, Vanessa, Yelena, Pete and Gina (ginapeterb) to meet up representing the FilipinoUK Forum on Saturday, the heat was just too much in the end, we also saw HE Mr Edgardo Espiritu, Philippine Ambassador to the UK, and many other faces, we even saw Rockman and his wife ? everybody remembers Rockman surely ? it was a great day out, but I look like a lobster, and Bill looks like a beetroot, well done to ginapeterb and Mrs Frivolity for linking up at the 22nd Bario Fiesta sa London, lets hope next year, more members, will meet up

Quote Originally Posted by mrsfrivolity
    Lovely weather, great food, cold beer and good company. Absolutely fantastic!

Nice portraits misis, beautiful wives and ____ husbands?

Wish I was there
    There is always death and taxes; however, death doesn't get worse every year.

Never you mind Erve, there will be a next time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information