Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

How to come to the United Kingdom on a UK Visitor Visa

How to come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor :UK Visitor Visa

This page explains how you can come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor.

If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or a member of their family see the for European citizens section.

To come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor you must be able to show that you:

* only want to visit the United Kingdom for up to six months;
    * plan to leave the United Kingdom at the end of your visit;
    * have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working, help from public funds or you will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
    * do not intend to charge members of the public for services provided or goods received;
    * do not intend to study; and
    * can meet the cost of the return or onward journey.
    * do not intend to carry out business, sport or entertainer visitor activities;
    * do not intend to marry or form a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;
    * do not intend to receive private medical treatment during your visit , and
    * are not in transit to a country outside the Common Travel Area.

If you want to do business during your visit you also have to show that you:

* normally live and work abroad and you have no plans to base yourself in the United Kingdom; and
    * do not plan to work, produce goods or provide services in the United Kingdom.

ELIGIBILITY
    If you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or a member of their family see the for European citizens section.

To come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor you must be able to show that you:

* have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working, help from public funds or you will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
    * do not intend to charge members of the public for services provided or goods received;
    * do not intend to marry or form a civil partnership or give notice of marriage or civil partnership;

DOCUMENTS
    They are:

* a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
    * if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
    * evidence of any property you own in your home country;
    * if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating which course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to visit the United Kingdom;
    * it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to;
    * evidence of any firm travel plans you have made;
    * bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
    * evidence of savings available to you.

You should check before you travel to see if you need a visa. If you regularly visit the United Kingdom for business you can apply for a multiple-entry visa as a visitor that is valid for two, five or 10 years. For more information on visas see the visa services website.

EXTENDING YOUR STAY
    If you come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor you are only allowed to stay for a maximum of six months. If you were granted leave to enter for three months (this will be stamped in your passport) and you would like to extend your stay to a maximum of six months you will need to apply using the application form FLR(O). You can download this form and the guidance from the right side of this page. You should read the guidance notes before completing the application form.

You should send your completed application form to us by post before your permission to stay ends. The application form gives you details of where to send your completed application form, fee and supporting documents. All documents should be originals unless you have a good reason why you cannot produce them with your application.

If you need to travel urgently, you can apply in person at one of our public enquiry offices.

You are not allowed to stay in the United Kingdom as a visitor for more than six months. You are expected to return home when your visa expires. In some circumstances, you may be able to transfer to a different category of visa and you should see the appropriate category for more information.

APPEALS
    If we refuse your application, the entry clearance officer or the immigration officer will tell you and you will be given a detailed written refusal notice.

You can appeal against a decision to refuse entry clearance, but only if you are visiting a close member of your family.

There are rules to explain exactly which members of the family qualify for this right of appeal. The entry clearance officer or immigration officer will tell you if you qualify.

If you travel to the United Kingdom without entry clearance (permission to enter) and are refused permission to enter by an immigration officer at the border, we recommend that you apply for entry clearance in your country of residence before attempting to travel to the United Kingdom again.

Information for
    Child Visitor
    Business and Special Visitor
    Private Medical Treatment
    Sponsoring a General Visitor
    Getting Married in the UK
    Group Travel
    Rights and Resposibilities

Please visit http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/
    Not an expert, I only try to help.

Banned
    ok fine,u can call me ate hehehe,it seems im the oldest here sa pinay

if you're appying for visitor's visa and you got refused, how many weeks that you can reapply again?

As what I have heard the embassy will refuse your visa at first then when when you reapply again they will grant you, is that true?

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by flicka View Post
    if you're appying for visitor's visa and you got refused, how many weeks that you can reapply again?
    I don't think you have to wait any amount of time between applications.

As what I have heard the embassy will refuse your visa at first then when when you reapply again they will grant you, is that true?
    No, but you might be lucky with a second application especially if you provide additional evidence based on your previous refusal.

If this were true, then everyone would apply a second time!

if you've had one refusal its more likely you will get another refusal unless your evidence is very good, and any previous refusals will not help

My phil friend wants to visit the U.K, better still to stay, but was refused her visa at V.F.S in Manila. She was told she had to show evidence of her funds in her bank account, me also, but how much money?

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Well,
    1. There is no rule prohibiting your second application, you can make it straight away
    2. Ensure to address the reason of the refusal,
    3. Common mistakes are people claim to have income of £350 a month, while their bank account shows more money coming in, then what they claim
    4. Explain your circumstances,
    5. Rely on your strong connection at home, why you will get back
    6. Justify your visit, you can not be using your life time saving, or 12 months income to visit UK for one month
    7. Don't try to DO IT YOURSELF every thing, if get lost at any stage seek advise,
    8. Ensure to reply all questions honestly
    9. All documents must be clear in terms.

Above done, then no issue, if there is still, then you can drop me an email

Hi everyone

My defacto wife (filipino) and myself (Australian) are thinking of a holiday next year...3 weeks in England and 3 weeks in Germany....Being a aussie there is no problems with me getting a visa....But for my partner (being together for over 4 years) what are the chances of her getting a tourist visa for 3 weeks stay......Fiancally all boxes ticked....Properties that she owns ticked....I do have distant relatives that we will be visiting during our stay....Me being a builder here in the Philippines she is very much interested in the Medieval buildings and the woodwork in the castles and cathedrals of both countries.....We are just plain tourist like the other millions of tourist who visit England and Europe each year....
    Look forward to some advise

Koala

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi, I'm new here and I seriously need an advice before I make my application for UK family visit visa. I have been to London last year because my mum was diagnosed with cancer and she invited me to come and look after her while undergoing treatment. At that time, I had no problems because her doctor and employer provided supporting documents too. I was granted a 6month visa but I managed to come home after three months because I was a graduating student that time. My brother at that time was also holding a student visa so he I mentioned him on my application. But I learned that his visa has expired a year ago and I'm planning to apply for family visit visa again because my mum needs me again for health reasons again. I was told that I should put my brother in the relatives living in the philippines instead of relatives living in the Uk. Is there any other way for me to apply for visit visa without endangering my brother? And will it be enough that I have more than enough savings in my account to prove that I'll leave London before my visa expires because I am unemployed right now.

Respected Member
    I shall be getting my filipina gf to come to the uk in december only for 2 weeks really so hard to come in to the uk just for a holiday.

Hi
    My wife who who I married in the UK in 2011 is in the phillipines. She just had her visit visa refused. She said there was something wrong with my letter I"m not sure whether I"ll ever see my wife again.
    We didn"t apply for the settelment visa because that nasty UKBA changed the rules last July. Now I understand that because I"m disabled I am exempt from the new income requirment but not sure. She had to go back to ph over a year ago so haven"t seen her since. This gov has no right to stop a man & wife from seeing each other

Quote Originally Posted by dunstun365 View Post
    Hi
    My wife who who I married in the UK in 2011 is in the phillipines. She just had her visit visa refused. She said there was something wrong with my letter I"m not sure whether I"ll ever see my wife again.
    We didn"t apply for the settelment visa because that nasty UKBA changed changed the rules last July. Now I understand that because I"m disabled I am exempt from the new income requirment but not sure. She had to go back to ph over a year ago so haven"t seen her since. This gov has no right to stop a man & wife from seeing each other
    yes there is a good chance your wife would be refused a visit visa, because the embassy would probably say they don't believe your wife will return to the Phils before her visa expires.

also she has applied for the wrong visa, it should be a settlement visa, if your married, why is she only intending to visit you ?

if your receiving disability benefit you could be excluded from the financial requirement but you still need to have funds to support your wife, so she wouldn't not need recourse to public funds.
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

mars
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJ View Post
    How to come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor :UK Visitor Visa

This page explains how you can come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor.

If you want to do business during your visit you also have to show that you:

* normally live and work abroad and you have no plans to base yourself in the United Kingdom; and
    * do not plan to work, produce goods or provide services in the United Kingdom.

ELIGIBILITY

DOCUMENTS
    They are:

* a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
    * if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
    * evidence of any property you own in your home country;
    * if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating which course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to visit the United Kingdom;
    * it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to;
    * evidence of any firm travel plans you have made;
    * bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
    * evidence of savings available to you.

You should check before you travel to see if you need a visa. If you regularly visit the United Kingdom for business you can apply for a multiple-entry visa as a visitor that is valid for two, five or 10 years. For more information on visas see the visa services website.

EXTENDING YOUR STAY
    If you come to the United Kingdom as a general visitor you are only allowed to stay for a maximum of six months. If you were granted leave to enter for three months (this will be stamped in your passport) and you would like to extend your stay to a maximum of six months you will need to apply using the application form FLR(O). You can download this form and the guidance from the right side of this page. You should read the guidance notes before completing the application form.

You should send your completed application form to us by post before your permission to stay ends. The application form gives you details of where to send your completed application form, fee and supporting documents. All documents should be originals unless you have a good reason why you cannot produce them with your application.

If you need to travel urgently, you can apply in person at one of our public enquiry offices.

You are not allowed to stay in the United Kingdom as a visitor for more than six months. You are expected to return home when your visa expires. In some circumstances, you may be able to transfer to a different category of visa and you should see the appropriate category for more information.

APPEALS
    If we refuse your application, the entry clearance officer or the immigration officer will tell you and you will be given a detailed written refusal notice.

You can appeal against a decision to refuse entry clearance, but only if you are visiting a close member of your family.

There are rules to explain exactly which members of the family qualify for this right of appeal. The entry clearance officer or immigration officer will tell you if you qualify.

If you travel to the United Kingdom without entry clearance (permission to enter) and are refused permission to enter by an immigration officer at the border, we recommend that you apply for entry clearance in your country of residence before attempting to travel to the United Kingdom again.

Information for
    Child Visitor
    Business and Special Visitor
    Private Medical Treatment
    Sponsoring a General Visitor
    Getting Married in the UK
    Group Travel
    Rights and Resposibilities

Please visit http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/visitingtheuk/
    Hi everyone. I just have few queries here. My bf is planning to sort out a visiting visa for me to meet his family and for me to visit my aunt too. I was looking at some sections that in order to apply for visa, one has to present bank statement, payslip, etc..but I don't have any of these. I've no work, no properties..I have a bank statement of my own and few savings given by my parents and my bf too. My boyfriend and my aunt will be the ones who will support me during a month of stay there.

Can anyone tell me what are my chances of getting a visa granted facing this kind of situation?

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    yes there is a good chance your wife would be refused a visit visa, because the embassy would probably say they don't believe your wife will return to the Phils before her visa expires.

also she has applied for the wrong visa, it should be a settlement visa, if your married, why is she only intending to visit you ?

if your receiving disability benefit you could be excluded from the financial requirement but you still need to have funds to support your wife, so she wouldn't not need recourse to public funds.
    We don"t have the money for the spouse visa atm. & UKBA said in the refusal letter that we may not have met the financial req for settlement.
    They also knew that I send money to my wife in ph (she showed them the money transfer receipts) which I wouldn"t have to do if she was here. Now I found out that It would take months for an appeal. Maybe because she"s poor. UKBA love you if your rich but if your poor? God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.JMajor View Post
    ok fine,u can call me ate hehehe,it seems im the oldest here sa pinay
    I am 45 yrs old , maybe i'm next to you .... Myrna

Quote Originally Posted by mickmyrna View Post
    I am 45 yrs old , maybe i'm next to you .... Myrna
    my good friend , Mrs.JMajor AKA MoY
    a very young looking 38yrs old
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Quote Originally Posted by joebloggs View Post
    my good friend , Mrs.JMajor AKA MoY
    a very young looking 38yrs old

Thread Information