Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Respected Member
    I would add a word of caution here to this advice. There is a widespread belief in the Philippines that every white man is loaded. There is another belief that if they (the white guy married to a Filipina within a family) has it, and you (the Filipino within that family) needs it, it is their duty to give it to you without too many questions asked. Sorry if this sounds cynical. In many cases your wife, or fiance, won't be like that at all but members of her family will be. She might become as agrieved as you at constant demands for "support" or "allowances" but her natural family orientation will make her feel guilty if she doesn't "help". My advice to everyone is to establish some ground rules early on and then stick to them. To the ladies I would say please make sure that you are marrying your man for love, and for your own future, and not because he can be the salvation of your family. To the guys I would say beware, when you marry a Filipina you will find that her family play a much bigger part in your future than you might be prepared for. If you are ready for that, fine, but if not you can expect problems. My own response has always been to support efforts to become self sufficient and to avoid those which lead to dependency. I have failed miserably. Every venture we have supported, and there have been many, has failed due to a lack of basic business sense and discipline, with money being diverted to other pressing "needs" and then the hands are held out for more from the rich guy. It can produce stress and you need to be prepared.

yes some filipina's should come with a gov and bank mangers health warning

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by David House View Post
    I would add a word of caution here to this advice. There is a widespread belief in the Philippines that every white man is loaded. There is another belief that if they (the white guy married to a Filipina within a family) has it, and you (the Filipino within that family) needs it, it is their duty to give it to you without too many questions asked. Sorry if this sounds cynical. In many cases your wife, or fiance, won't be like that at all but members of her family will be. She might become as agrieved as you at constant demands for "support" or "allowances" but her natural family orientation will make her feel guilty if she doesn't "help". My advice to everyone is to establish some ground rules early on and then stick to them. To the ladies I would say please make sure that you are marrying your man for love, and for your own future, and not because he can be the salvation of your family. To the guys I would say beware, when you marry a Filipina you will find that her family play a much bigger part in your future than you might be prepared for. If you are ready for that, fine, but if not you can expect problems. My own response has always been to support efforts to become self sufficient and to avoid those which lead to dependency. I have failed miserably. Every venture we have supported, and there have been many, has failed due to a lack of basic business sense and discipline, with money being diverted to other pressing "needs" and then the hands are held out for more from the rich guy. It can produce stress and you need to be prepared.
    This is well said,I definitely agree.However in both sides there should be always cautions.Take time to know each other and all the problems that might come ahead will be visible,if you cant take it,,then "time to run.."
    But love should not be like that,it should be sticking together even if you break your neck trying come highs and lows,so make sure that you really love each other...because year after year the only contstant in life is changes..
    Beauty fades,money wont last...but if you take a monkey for its money,the money will go the monkey will stay...

Thread Information