Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Win2Win View Post
    You are all beautiful women (well apart from the ones with a moustache ), and have the upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for (hopefully not the present wife to win you over )....

Some things that can mean it's the worng guy:

Arguing with you - This is a no no. Small tiffs yes, but not constant arguing, that is NOT happiness, and can lead to resentment & relationship failure.

Always going on about money - Not a good sign at all. If the guy has problems now, he WILL not be able to support you as you should be supported.

Doesn't want to visit you - If they are not gagging to get to you ASAP, dump them. They lack the passion for your relationship.

I'm sure the guys on here can add more advice.
    hello ,sir. those are nice thoughts for Pinays.
    I agree with 2nd and 3rd.. but the 1st thing you said...hmm..
    Theres this "cultural differences" thing you know... and we all know culture-wise we differ wth europeans in so many ways... so i guess arguing at the 1st part of the relationship is normal..specially if this pinay has a very strong character ( like moi ) and the foriegn guy likes a submissive gf/wife ( w/c is often times the case thats why foriegners like filipina)
    maybe its safe to say ... Argue and discuss alot BEFORE being married to each other and then dont forget the 2nd and 3rd Signs

I'd also advice a SINGLE Filipina to becareful meeting up first time with your foreign boyfriends. You might fall so inlove too fast and not be able to think logically and make wise decisions. you wont be able to see the 2nd and 3rd advice of mr Keith if your logically blinded by love

But enjoy life and learn from mistakes! ... people who are here ( married couples ) are Gods walking proof that nothing is impossible!

Quote Originally Posted by David House View Post
    A few more thoughts to add to my post yesterday, directed to the ladies. I find that many Filipinas have a belief that their "needs" will all be taken care of by their husband. He will pay all the costs for housing, food, transport, clothing etc etc from what he earns. Of course, if you are a full time housewife, looking after the home and kids, then that is true. However that is a rarity in the UK these days. Most couples both have to work just to pay their bills and lead a reasonable life style. Nevertheless many Filipinas feel that what they can earn is "theirs" and that they can do whatever they wish with it, normally sending most of it back to their various family members. This can cause conflict. You are not an OCW here just to work and remit. You are a wife and you must take an appropriate share of the living costs of you and your husband. There may not be very much left to send back. Thats' the way it is here now so you had also best be prepared for it.

well said
    "I am stronger than depression and I am braver than loneliness and nothing will ever exhaust me."

Trusted Member
    Yep...I can dig that.

I agree. Marriage is a partnership. It can't be just one person trying to provide for both and the other person sending everything to a 3rd party.

Luisa's point on Filipinas falling in love too fast, I think that happens a lot. Filipinos are hopeless romantics (yes, the guys too) and think that every crush is the love of their life. Gotta be careful about "falling in love" when you don't know the person well enough to actually love them yet. It could just be falling in love with the idea of being in a relationship with them.

My personal opinion is that Philippine ladies make the best friends, girlfriends and wives.
    Compared to ladies in many other countries, they just don't seem as strict, serious, prudish or hung up. Instead, they are more relaxed, carefree, happy-go-lucky, easygoing and playful.They are also very nonjudgmental and nonracist.
    They have a great sense of humor, with the ability to enjoy the simplest and silliest things which easily amuse them. You can always have fun and joke around, even if you have nothing else important to talk about.
    That's so comfortable and refreshing.

Philippine ladies are also a great blend of outer and inner traits.
    Ethnically Asian, Malay and Spanish, is a very exotic and beautiful mix.Their attractive highly feminine outer appearance is combined with a tender romantic loving/caring inner side.
    A wonderful blend to say the least.

I can really understand why so many of us men are addicted to the Philippines and to Philippine ladies. For me they seem to bring this natural balance to your life and soul.
    They are just so comfortable to be around, in a way that you could never imagine possible.

It's beyond words; it's something you need to feel and experience to understand. And when you do, you realize it's what you had always desired.

The only minor drawback I have found in my mind, is that Philippine ladies may sometimes become moody and quiet for unexplainable reasons. It seems to be in their nature somehow.
    Patience and a loving hug are the recogonised cure.

For me Philippine ladies give new birth to your heart.
    If ever your heart had lost faith in love, they awaken it and renew it with their faith, hope and belief in love, making it a reality for you, and making you a believer again.

Trusted Member
    Agree !

Many thanks for reminding me to get off my backside and find one.

Quote Originally Posted by dontpushme View Post
    Filipinos are hopeless romantics (yes, the guys too) and think that every crush is the love of their life. Gotta be careful about "falling in love" when you don't know the person well enough to actually love them yet. It could just be falling in love with the idea of being in a relationship with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    .Their attractive highly feminine outer appearance is combined with a tender romantic loving/caring inner side.
    Sorry, I just had to laugh. I'm Filipino, but anyone who knows me would laugh at the "highly feminine" bit in your lovely description of my race and gender. Although the Chinese name given to me means "a lady who walks with grace and beauty", everyone, including my own mother, has laughed at the irony of it and says I'm anything but!

Maybe you mean half the Filipinas are highly feminine and the rest of us are hoydens.

Trusted Member
    I would describe my stepdaughter as more of a fierce little wildcat, yet looking at her you wouldn't think butter would melt in her mouth.

Attachment 4330

You are all beautiful women (well apart from the ones with a moustache ), and have the upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for (hopefully not the present wife to win you over ).

If you haven't found anyone yet, or recently split up, don't worry, time WILL find you someone.

Remember this though, you are the prize that has us guys running to the Philippines to grovel before you, this means you have the upper hand. YOU are in control. If the guy doesn't fit into exactly what YOU want for the rest of your life, move on, the one for you will be along soon after.

Arguing with you - This is a no no. Small tiffs yes, but not constant arguing, that is NOT happiness, and can lead to resentment & relationship failure.

Always going on about money - Not a good sign at all. If the guy has problems now, he WILL not be able to support you as you should be supported.

Doesn't want to visit you - If they are not gagging to get to you ASAP, dump them. They lack the passion for your relationship.

Yes you are very right, if he is really into you he will find a way to see you no matter how many thousand miles away you are apart from each other. That is true love

You are all beautiful women (well apart from the ones with a moustache ), and have the upbringing and respect that many UK guys would kill for (hopefully not the present wife to win you over ).

If you haven't found anyone yet, or recently split up, don't worry, time WILL find you someone.

Remember this though, you are the prize that has us guys running to the Philippines to grovel before you, this means you have the upper hand. YOU are in control. If the guy doesn't fit into exactly what YOU want for the rest of your life, move on, the one for you will be along soon after.

[ to you ASAP, dump them. They lack the passion for your relationship.

If it is as easy as ABC to just dumb him, I would.... But funny me!!!Im still hoping in our relationship to be saved.

Im just a martyr

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    i like this conversation... our culture is to help our family in the philippines...and i dont understand that sometimes..why were helping our parents and whole family...?in that case whos helping us.......

Thank you. Even though this was posted few years ago, the lesson is still promising. I am wishing, hoping and praying to meet my only one.

This thread makes me smile
    The FACT is that MEN, regardless of Nationality, Age, Wealth, or Intelligence, .......
    CANNOT UNDERSTAND WOMEN .... even Women of the SAME Nationality and Culture.

So throwing DIFFERENT CULTURES into the already bubbling Melting Pot, is a bit like letting kids loose in the Chemistry Lab ..... WITHOUT a Teacher persent !

I've been amazed while reading through this topic, that quite a lot of (good) contributions have been made by members who are now BANNED !
    Some of them had Hundreds or even Over a Thousand Posts to their Credit ???

I Own a Yahoo Group and I'm a Moderator on a couple of other Forums. I often have to Ban Members for Posting SPAM, but these guys are usually Newbies who join purely to try to use the Group for their own Financial Gain.
    The remainder who get Banned are usually "disturbed people", or folk who's attitude is Aggressive and Abusive, and they usually get weeded out before they've clocked up more than half a dozen posts.
    I've NEVER needed to Ban a Long Standing Member and certainly no one with a Prolific Posting Record.

Did WW3 happen, but nobody outside this Forum heard the BIG BANG ?

Trusted Member
    This forum attracts grumpy old men I guess.

Newbie (Restricted Access)
    Hi,the right one might just have emailed you!

single now.....

been there wore the t-shirt!

wat happen

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tipzy23 View Post
    single now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    The only minor drawback I have found in my mind, is that Philippine ladies may sometimes become moody and quiet for unexplainable reasons. It seems to be in their nature somehow.
    Patience and a loving hug are the recogonised cure.
    that's what we called here "tampo", synonymous to sulking but quite different altogether. "tampo" doesn't last long so men only needs to be patient and extra attentive to their wife. and extra sweet.
    love makes life worth living

Thanks for the posts guys. It helped me a lot.

I am 34 years old a Filipina, got my annulment 2 years ago and also I have a handsome 11 year old son...

I hope a really find a good person that is willing to love a single mother.

Newbie (Restricted Access) babes's Avatar
    Very well said Keith! thunbs up!

Banned
    We do have some misunderstanding sometimes which is i think is normal into a relationship but for having an argument that there both parties feel themselves they are both right,thats a big trouble lol hehe i believe making a long lasting relationship is to have this three.criteria..be able to explain why,and be able to listen and of course willing to compromise!!!

If you can't say something nice. SHUT UP!. Simple.

Red face This & This

A big difference between arguing & misunderstanding which will always happen when different cultures collide. Which is why each other should read this & this. These are excellent books.
    Who is the author??? Is it available here in the Philippines?
    I hope I can find it in National Bookstore... ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by burf316 View Post
    Who is the author??? Is it available here in the Philippines?
    I hope I can find it in National Bookstore... ^_^
    If you click on each of the highlighted hyperlinks "this" you will see all details revealed.

ohh my...my butt hurts sitting and reading everything on this thread, very interesting...from morning until this afternoon...ohhh nooo my garden outside i forgot to check
    Always look on the bright side of life

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information