Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

accused of child abuse

Over the past few months I have felt it necessary to speak (shout) to a few kids - 7 to 10 years (ish) - that were playing very noisy games right outside my first-floor apartment. Most of them did not live in the apartment complex. Usually they cooled it down for a while. Nuisance only.

Today my wife approached me on the subject; I don't know why, because there have been no problems of this nature for a few weeks.

The gist is that the neighbours have banded together, and are threatening to report me to the police, accusing me of child abuse. Such abuse being my shouting to them to "shut up".

I aim to get the hell outa here ASAP.

Can anybody offer some advice?

It goes without saying that I have never, and would never, abuse a child in any sense of the word.

I hope to be back in Manchester by early March.

I will never return.

sad to say if all the neighbours have banded against you i think you have no chance, shouting is abuse here, especialy you are the forigner, if they do report you its likely you would end up in jail, and your guilty until proven innocent, you could be in jail a long time before your case is heard and even then i think you will be found guilty, if it was me i would scoot asap, if you cant leave until march , maybe your wife can speak to the neighbours on your behalf, that you appoligise and agree to leave in march, plus in the meantime it will not happen again.perhaps shouting at the kids wasnt wise but its too late now, good luck getting through this , you must be megga stressed now

A bit confused as your location says USA..Where are you now and where were you when you shouted at the noisy little tykes?

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    A bit confused as your location says USA..Where are you now and where were you when you shouted at the noisy little tykes?
    Good point Fred i had assumed he was here in Phils

Trusted Member
    Can you tell if a VPN is being used Fred ?

But anyway...on topic:

Got to get along with the neighbours here...trying as that sometimes can be.

Apologise and find a new apartment or house, I'd have thought. What does the Mrs think about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    Can you tell if a VPN is being used Fred ?

But anyway...on topic:

Got to get along with the neighbours here...trying as that sometimes can be.

Apologise and find a new apartment or house, I'd have thought. What does the Mrs think about it ?

This person is based in R.P Graham at time of posting.. To be honest,I do not invest much of my valuable time with new posters...Quite often they post a question and then never return to see the answers..Who knows? I mean I wish no ill on anyone but given the situation he finds himself in,I guess it's like a 50/50 chance he will post again?

Trusted Member
    Understood mate.

All the best to you and yours anyway...while I'm here.

Me, the Mrs, and our boy are fine . I'm still 'the oldest teenager in town' too. lol Happy days.

Thread Information