Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Trusted Member

Now that IS a big snail son !

I think this is the biggest snail I have EVER seen, actually.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    What a great picture Graham

What a strange coincidence.. I found one exactly the same up my Garden yesterday.
    Never seen one here before.
    I threw it in the compost!

Trusted Member
    We have lots of them... munching on the Bananas, Gabi/Tarot, etc (my boy is instructed to throw them out...over the perimeter wall), but this one was double the size of the 'normal' ones. Must have been at least 4 inches long.

Respected Member
    Are they edible?

The French eat snails, and I have seen piles of large snails on sale at Cambodian market stalls in Phnom Penh.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/623353/...n-with-snails/

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    Are they edible?

The French eat snails, and I have seen piles of large snails on sale at Cambodian market stalls in Phnom Penh.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/623353/...n-with-snails/
    They (Mrs and family) certainly eat the small ones taken from the river, but (I've just been informed)...no, they don't eat those large garden/apple snails.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    They (Mrs and family) certainly eat the small ones taken from the river, but (I've just been informed)...no, they don't eat those large garden/apple snails.
    I still remember my Grandfather giving me one of my first science lessons with about 10 garden snails and a bag of salt.

Where is the picture? Is it removed? or are there some limitations? I am a new member also curious to see the big snail you all are talking about.

Banned
    I don't see the picture either and I'm a new member as well.

The picture was posted a while ago, it was there last week but it’s just got to the other side of the screen and is on the next page now

The local kids that live around this area are amazing..I started a marine aquarium about a year ago and as it's matured enough to start adding coral,I went snorkeling to see what I could add to the system..Our manager sent 2 ,8 year Olds to show me where the best stuff was!
    They took me out about 250 meters into the sea and guided me to some pretty impressive reefs.. They were really in their natural enviroment and they swam and dived to deep depths just like like human Fish..
    Here's what they helped me find..Took about an hour and a half. These youngsters might have poor parents but the lives they live are extremely rich with different adventures every day!

Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Member
    Wow...beautiful !

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    The local kids that live around this area are amazing..I started a marine aquarium about a year ago and as it's matured enough to start adding coral,I went snorkeling to see what I could add to the system..Our manager sent 2 ,8 year Olds to show me where the best stuff was!
    They took me out about 250 meters into the sea and guided me to some pretty impressive reefs.. They were really in their natural enviroment and they swam and dived to deep depths just like like human Fish..
    Here's what they helped me find..Took about an hour and a half. These youngsters might have poor parents but the lives they live are extremely rich with different adventures every day!

Amazing colours

Thread Information