Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

So what's been happening?

I received a mail the other day from the forum reminding me to have a happy birthday! this reminded me that I hadn't actually contributed anything for possibly years having been busy with life generally. The main thing that has happened is I have at last retired, best job i have ever had! Unfortunately, my wife, being a lot younger than me continues to work, so now it's the life of a house husband.

Our last visit to the Philippines was December 2020, visiting folks in Basey, Samar for a month over Xmas. Unfortunately Xmas eve we found ourselves in the eye of a Typhoon and spent most of the holiday with no water supply, no lights and very limited access to cash as all the ATM's were out. It's more fun in the Philippines! (well actually despite Basey looking completely wrecked, we still had a good time). We returned just in time for the pandemic to begin.

Meanwhile, we are STILL waiting for the Philippine courts to recognise my step daughters UK adoption and change of name. I am beginning to think she might marry first making the whole process redundant. I think we started it in the Philippines in 2018 whereas the adoption here only took just over a year. Why bother many will ask. It's just that she ended up with a Phil passport in her old name and they wouldn't issue a British passport in her new name. Thankfully, now the court proceedings have started they agreed to issue a British passport (as the Phil passport had also expired). So still holding our breath.

Well that's all for now, so looks like I am back! I assume a few familiar names are still on the forum?

lordna good to see your all ok

My wife is younger than me by 6yrs, yet she thinks she going to retire before me that's not going to happen :

infact at my old I might have a new career ahead of me as a Cyber Analysis , 1 exam done, 1 next week, you couldn't make this up

December 2020?, you mean 2019?. I thought the phils was in lockdown ?. The misses wants to go back but doesn't want to take the risk of her parents catching covid from her, not something you would want to live with

that your step daughters papers are still not sorted after all this time , it looks like it will be soon now thou

best of luck lordna as always
    http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    Good to hear from you lordna... and that all is okay with you and the family.

I moved over here permanently (Pangasinan) back in June 2018, having already retired back then.

I'm just keeping busy extending the house, DIY, etc. The Mrs is a keen grower of ornamental plants now, and sells them.

We do have lots of (lovely) family close by, so our now 5 year/going on 6 year-old boy is never short of playmates.

I have my 13A probationary visa, so starting to feel a bit more secure and settled here.

The quiet life is fine for me and the family, out here in the sticks.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Wow long time no see Lordna, good luck for the future hope everything goes as planned. Ah Graham good luck for your future also nice that you are feeling settled now, god bless you all

Joebloggs - yes your right, it was 2019...but we arrived home again January 2nd 2020!
    Graham48 - Glad to hear all is going well for you out in Pangasinan.
    Michael Parnham - Yes it has been a long time...but it seems to have gone quickly. Also been busy changing the kitchen which my wife has waited for since we moved in Feb 2014. The lockdown left me with no more excuses.

Looking back i think it was probably around 2018 i was last on here. I also had to have more tumours (benign) removed from my spinal column that year. As it was a major operation, it took some time to get over and thankfully I am still walking. Just about due for my yearly MRI scan so hoping none have grown back. Great to see everyone is still here!

I am also pleased to you back, Roland; happy, too, to learn your spinal surgery went well ... and that you're now living a relaxed life as a man of leisure!

I'm now past retirement age but still working!! still have 3 years of a mortgage to pay off...

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    I'm now past retirement age but still working!! still have 3 years of a mortgage to pay off...
    What a great feeling that will be though.

Sometimes wish I'd paid mine off when I could have done... as far back the late 1980s...on a house I bought in 1978. (I'd been paying 'extra' on my payments).

Quote Originally Posted by Longweekend View Post
    My mortgage was paid up after my first wife passed away. Great to be mortgage free but obviously would rather she hadn't gone. However, had i not become a widower then I probably would never have gone to the Philippines and met my current wife. I am sure my first wife would be pleased to know I met someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by lordna View Post
    My mortgage was paid up after my first wife passed away. Great to be mortgage free but obviously would rather she hadn't gone. However, had i not become a widower then I probably would never have gone to the Philippines and met my current wife. I am sure my first wife would be pleased to know I met someone else.
    Good to know you are all ok and doing well lordna.
    Long may it continue!

Thread Information