I received a mail the other day from the forum reminding me to have a happy birthday! this reminded me that I hadn't actually contributed anything for possibly years having been busy with life generally. The main thing that has happened is I have at last retired, best job i have ever had! Unfortunately, my wife, being a lot younger than me continues to work, so now it's the life of a house husband.

Our last visit to the Philippines was December 2020, visiting folks in Basey, Samar for a month over Xmas. Unfortunately Xmas eve we found ourselves in the eye of a Typhoon and spent most of the holiday with no water supply, no lights and very limited access to cash as all the ATM's were out. It's more fun in the Philippines! (well actually despite Basey looking completely wrecked, we still had a good time). We returned just in time for the pandemic to begin.

Meanwhile, we are STILL waiting for the Philippine courts to recognise my step daughters UK adoption and change of name. I am beginning to think she might marry first making the whole process redundant. I think we started it in the Philippines in 2018 whereas the adoption here only took just over a year. Why bother many will ask. It's just that she ended up with a Phil passport in her old name and they wouldn't issue a British passport in her new name. Thankfully, now the court proceedings have started they agreed to issue a British passport (as the Phil passport had also expired). So still holding our breath.

Well that's all for now, so looks like I am back! I assume a few familiar names are still on the forum?