Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: "Caught Short"

Thumbs down "Caught Short"

s one of the worst things about these lockdowns - in a small(ish) city the size of Perth - you just simply cannot find ANYWHERE to have a for love nor money.

... talk about inconvenience! And it happened to me this morning when I'd to go into town in order to attend a podiatry appointment. Oh, the clinic does have toilet facilities. But having "gone" immediately prior to leaving my house, I didn't require to avail myself of those at the time. Later, though, upon remembering we needed kitchen foil, I then proceeded to the local Tesco Metro whose loo is not for public use, while those in the Shopping Mall were closed. So the only remaining alternative seemed to be M&S. Theirs, however, were on the upper sales floor, which was also cordoned off.
    Last edited by Arthur Little; 8th January 2021 at 02:02. Reason: Rectifying spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    s one of the worst things about these lockdowns - in a smal(ish) city the size of Perth - you just simply cannot find ANYWHERE to have a for love nor money.

... talk about inconvenience! And it happened to me this morning when I'd to go into town in order to attend a podiatry appointment. Oh, the clinic does have toilet facilities. But having "gone" immediately prior to leaving my house, I didn't require to avail myself of those at the time. Later, though, upon remembering we needed kitchen foil, I then proceeded to the local Tesco Metro whose loo is not for public use, while those in the Shopping Mall were closed. So the only remaining alternative seemed to be M&S. *Theirs, however, were on the upper sales floor, which was also cordoned off.
    Hence ... ... *foiled again - in another sense, !

Respected Member
    Hope you managed to make it home in time.
    UK public urinals were seemingly closed down decades ago when profit overtook convenience (pun intended).

Trusted Member
    Indeed, one of the so-called council 'services' that has been permitted to become practically non-existent in most towns now....the usual pathetic excuse (by those who can afford to run a Daimler or Rolls for their precious Mayor), being COST.

It's the 21st century. Roughly 15% of the population are 65 + and most of them paying council tax !!!

Idiot, thoughtless councils !

Get some caring professionals in, instead of the usual bunch of egocentrics, busy lining their pockets.

My home city of York is host to thousands of tourists every day.

The lack of public toilets, due to closures over the past decade and more, is an absolute disgrace, and to 'advise' people to use pubs, etc, equally disgraceful.

Here in the Philippines it seems to be acceptable to pee whenever and wherever.....
    I have done a few times myself.....most discreetly and only in emergency....

Trusted Member
    Like most laws here though...conveniently ignored, it seems.

Thread Information