Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Buy Secondhand Clothes During September!

's what Britons are being asked to do - shift to more sustainable methods of shopping - as the economy battles its way back from the brink of disaster caused by the coronavirus.

https://www.positive.news/archive/dr...-in-september/ ...

Besides ... ... there's often a BETTER chance of coming across items of clothing likely to appeal to your own dress sense and/or style than in featureless High Street stores trading only in fashionable merchandise.

Quality too ... and at an affordable price! ... spoil yourself!

Respected Member
    Well I don't think those outfits would really suit a chap like me.

However, I have recently purchased many secondhand clothes on e-bay.

It all started when (as a coffee geek), my curiosity was raised when I read about health benefits of "bulletproof coffee", and I researched further.

What really brought it home was reading Tom Watson's book "Downsizing", it seems like a bit of a political autobiography in places but it was something that I could relate to. I realised that I was well overweight, taking medication for high blood pressure, and that I needed to do something about it.

Bulletproof coffee to start the day, everyday, and a high fat low carb diet, no sugar. I eat better quality food than before. I guess the Chinese bat virus helped because I used to nip out for a few beers every day before that kicked off, and I have spent the past few years living in hotels and eating out, now I am stuck at home in the UK.

In exactly six months I have lost just over 25 KG(*), my jeans have gone 42, 40, 38, 36, and my blood pressure has dropped by over 10 points on both the systolic and the diastolic. My old XL shirts and t-shirts were tight before, they became unwearable circus tents.

I regret wasting money on a brand new pair of Levi 501 jeans, they were falling around my ankles within a month, I started buying secondhand on e-bay, as cheap as possible, then take them down to Oxfam when they become too big for me.

(*) 25 Kg is the weight of 44 pints of beer, (2/3 of a firkin of ale).

Interesting; ... well done you.

... I am 75 years of age, 6ft tall, weigh almost bang-on 13st - with a 36" waist measurement. Not bad, eh?

Thread Information