Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

One Step Forward ... Two Steps Back?

Well ... ... that's the way it appears to me, as we, north of the Border, enter Phase 3 - the penultimate stage - of recuperation from four l~ong and tedious months of isolation due to coronavirus.

's certainly how it seems here in Perth - where some shops which I'd noticed had opened their doors for trading last week, were shut down again, when I was in town this afternoon.

Trusted Member
    It's really weird reading about 'lockdowns' and such stuff in the UK. I just can't imagine it there.

Here in the Philippines, YES ...almost martial law, which of course is nothing new here.

One Step Forward ... Two Steps Back

Aye, it's precisely what has happened in Scotland ... at a time when we'd begun to believe we were finally making headway!

Respected Member
    Here in Leeds I had just started to visit bars again.
    I thought it was nice to get a friendly welcome, no hassle, and the table service seemed OK.

Tonight was different:
    "Have you booked a table". "No" "Table xx is empty, but we have a reservation in 20 minutes".

Fortunately, the next bar had a table available and allowed me to write my name, (Donald Trump) in a filthy ledger by the door. Wonder how many virally infested individuals had handled the pen before me. The wine was almost a quid cheaper for a large glass as well.

The buggers rang last orders at 9:20 PM. Everybody needed to be outside before 10:00. Neither rhyme nor reason for this madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post

The buggers rang last orders at 9:20 PM. Everybody needed to be outside before 10:00.
    Neither rhyme nor reason for this madness.
    Quite so, ... nor for legislation that prevents folk from visiting members of their own families' houses.

Trusted Member
    Keep smiling Arthur.

Thread Information