Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Where is everyone from?

I see a lot of inactivity. Where are you all from?

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by comical_ron View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Ron, I'm from Nottinghamshire UK and moving to Dumaguete November the 30th for the second time, where are you residing?

Quote Originally Posted by comical_ron View Post
    Welcome ron, A yorkshire man in Bukidnon Philippines Here

Trusted Member
    I am living here in Luzon, Philippines.

What about yourself, O.P. ?

Respected Member
    Rotherham,South Yorkshire.

Proud to claim I'm Glaswegian by birth ... tho' lived most of my life in Perth.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post

What about yourself, O.P. ?
    ... indeed, Ron ... how about you?

Sydney here, but currently locked down at my residence in Mindoro Island.

Sorry but how come we can't edit our posts, i neglected to put other info in my previous post.

How long does it take to have the "Restricted Access" removed, and what are the restrictions during this period.

Also, there does not appear to be much activity in this forum, as is the case with many other forums dedicated to the Philippines.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bridgyguy View Post
    Sorry but how come we can't edit our posts, i neglected to put other info in my previous post.

How long does it take to have the "Restricted Access" removed, and what are the restrictions during this period.

Also, there does not appear to be much activity in this forum, as is the case with many other forums dedicated to the Philippines.

Cheers
    I cant remember how many posts before you get full access..Just keep posting and it wont be long!
    Yeah..Everyone's on FB and Twitter...These old forums are far better then the ones I mentioned but they are just no longer a popular format for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I cant remember how many posts before you get full access..Just keep posting and it wont be long!
    Yeah..Everyone's on FB and Twitter...These old forums are far better then the ones I mentioned but they are just no longer a popular format for some strange reason.
    I dont see what the fuss is about twitter just make a comment and someone tweets a reply or retweets what you have posted, but Fb i can fully understand wherby its more like an online conversation, messages and video calls.

Cheers
    i cant remember how many posts you need to do before the restriction is removed, it could be 5 perhaps i think no more than 10, i remember though that some other newbies before have just given comments on different posts just to up that figure to qualify

Cheers
    don't worry too much about the lack of activity, they are a good lot here and a lot of knowledge should you have questions

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I don't do Facebook, but i have an account but only for using the messenger service, especially to communicate with hotels and what not while traveling around the Philippines, as many hotels are giving up websites and only using Facebook, which i think is a crazy thing to do.

Nothing can beat a Forum, they have been around for years, and i don't see them going anywhere soon, just some are more active than others.

I mean no offense to anyone in this forum, but i cannot stand reading replies that are riddled with those silly annoying emoticons, a good smile or a thumbs up every now and then is fine.

Sorry.

Wow, we can't edit our posts, and now i find that i am locked out of my own profile (sorry time to insert an emoticon)

Never been a new member of any forum that does not allow us to view/edit our profile.

Well, ... with two of the sentiments you've expressed.

Firstly, I would concur with your view on the logic of hotels retaining their websites. Secondly, you're spot-on in saying you cannot beat a good forum! Let me assure you that, for many years - from its inception away back in 2004 - ours was among the busiest on the internet ... i.e., until *2012, when the British Government *then started to introduce harsh new immigration rules that rendered UK Visas BOTH unaffordable and, in turn, of course, unattainable for most Filipino/Brit couples' - leading to an ensuing drastic drop in the numbers visiting such sites.

But I must disagree with what you refer to as "silly, annoying emotcoms" ... which, to my mind, provide an excellent, often (tho' not always ) humorous means of self-expression.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Wow, we can't edit our posts, and now i find that i am locked out of my own profile (sorry time to insert an emoticon)

Never been a new member of any forum that does not allow us to view/edit our profile.
    You need to have 15 posts. This is to stop spammers that was so frequent in the past.
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Well, ... with two of the sentiments you've expressed.

But I must disagree with what you refer to as "silly annoying emotcoms ... which, to my mind, provide an excellent, often (tho' not always ) humorous means of self-expression.
    Apologies, i should have stipulated that my complaint about silly Emoticons more referred to those ones that flash and pop around all the time, it really does do my head (and eyes) in, and it is very distracting for me to try and read text between those flashing things.

I also prefer all text to be one size (think this is size 2) and one font in forums (Arial) but have the ability to use colored text and Bold text to highlight certain things.

Cheers

Forgot to ask in my previous post, how come my posts are automatically added to this section/topic as soon as i post them, but if i try to post a reply or a new topic in other parts of the forum, it has to go to the moderators for approval first.

Sorry just trying to get my old head around how things work here.

Cheers

Forgot to ask in my previous post, how come my posts are automatically added to this section/topic as soon as i post them, but if i try to post a reply or a new topic in other parts of the forum, it has to go to the moderators for approval first.

Sorry just trying to get my old head around how things work here.

Cheers
    Think they will stay in here till you accomplish 15 posts.. Not to worry. Nearly there!

Trusted Member
    I always liked how RELAXED and cheery this forum was/is.

Blimey... don't need a doctorate in 'Internet Use' to join up and have a good time, and a bit of friendly banter.

Now.. where are my emoticons ?

Anyway....matey here went shopping today...

Blimey... don't need a doctorate in 'Internet Use' to join up and have a good time, and a bit of friendly banter.

.by heck that bacon looks good

Good investment.
    You could use that tissue for a down payment on a house in the UK Graham.

Those Tesco Bogrolls are a fiver a time we brought the cheaper version at £3.50 noticed that Tesco have slyly put a few prices up, 1.9 litre of Conditioner was £8 now £9, they will make sure they make a financial killing out of this.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Those Tesco Bogrolls are a fiver a time we brought the cheaper version at £3.50 noticed that Tesco have slyly put a few prices up, 1.9 litre of Conditioner was £8 now £9, they will make sure they make a financial killing out of this.
    The vid was posted on Facebook...just for a laugh (not mine).

Here in the Pangasinan jungle, we've still got a few bog rolls on the shelf....plus loads of banana leaves...so should survive.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry T View Post
    Home Bargains have bog rolls 18 pack for £3.99 decent quality too

Thread Information