Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Marikina Covid-19

Marikina is not yet in total lockdown....but almost
    At least the local supermarket remains open despite many empty shelves, few checkouts and huge queues
    Life will get more difficult thats for sure
    The Government still considering the lockdown levels for Metro Manila (NCR)

Good news is that San Miguel are still delivering ....whoop whoop

had news that the virus is now in Cagayan de oro, and today hear its in Malaybalay, im due around now to collect my 13a card renewal from Cagayan, but thinking they will hang on to it if i don't go collect for a while longer see how the virus goes, imigration is very cramped personal space and as far as travelers go, its bound to be full of forigners by the sounds of this virus, i don't think my immune system is up to fighting any more big ones, so no point me taking chances i dont need to

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    had news that the virus is now in Cagayan de oro, and today hear its in Malaybalay, im due around now to collect my 13a card renewal from Cagayan, but thinking they will hang on to it if i don't go collect for a while longer see how the virus goes, imigration is very cramped personal space and as far as travelers go, its bound to be full of forigners
    ... it has even spread to the southern corner of Mindanao?

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    by the sounds of this virus, i don't think my immune system is up to fighting any more big ones, so no point me taking chances i dont need to
    ... it makes sense for you to stay put, Stewart, so DON'T risk it.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post

... it makes sense for you to stay put, Stewart, so DON'T risk it.
    Agree on that. Not worth the risk, for a few pesos fine, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    Marikina is not yet in total lockdown....but almost
    At least the local supermarket remains open despite many empty shelves, few checkouts and huge queues
    Life will get more difficult thats for sure
    The Government still considering the lockdown levels for Metro Manila (NCR)

Good news is that San Miguel are still delivering ....whoop whoop
    Et tu? ... and there was me deluding myself that the Philippine Islands were among the [very] few places on the planet to remain unaffected!

We are now in Total Lockdown
    The past few days have been different.....Supermarkets filled with folks who piled mountains of stuff into their shopping carts. I didn't manage to enter due to community distancing regulations for Senior Citizens....
    We buy most of want we need from the local Sari-Sari type stores.

Still getting deliveries of my Vitamin B from San Miguel

Trusted Member
    I'm just hiding in my jungle shack... as normal. Occasionally walking up the road to the bakery, or across it for my booze.
    As long as I can get access to my pension payments back in the UK bank, hopefully should be able to ride it out here.

(Or catch it, and die

Looking at the data,I reckon that this virus is not doing too good in hot tropical climates.
    Cases may be rising but from what I can see thus far,most of these cases have been imported from cold climates.
    We are in lock down here and as I was not planning on going anywhere for 6 months,I doubt it will effect me very much!
    The Mrs bought 6 months of tin food and rice 3 weeks ago which is good as I don`t have to take her shopping for half a year..Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    Looking at the data,I reckon that this virus is not doing too good in hot tropical climates.
    Cases may be rising but from what I can see thus far,most of these cases have been imported from cold climates.
    We are in lock down here and as I was not planning on going anywhere for 6 months,I doubt it will effect me very much!
    The Mrs bought 6 months of tin food and rice 3 weeks ago which is good as I don`t have to take her shopping for half a year..Win win.
    hope shes not like mine, mine feeds the 5 thousand weekly, so anything extra gets given away, and if theres nothing extra , i go hungry

and of course if theres any of my English style food they woof it off, they eat strawberry jam a shovel full at a time

Different in our house..
    All our vast panic buying missions have been stored in our bedroom under lock and key.
    Kids have been issued ration books..
    Strict compliance will be observed or they may well starve. It`s for their own good.
    The Mrs just discovered that she married an old school prepper.

Different in our house..
    All our vast panic buying missions have been stored in our bedroom under lock and key.
    Kids have been issued ration books..
    Strict compliance will be observed or they may well starve. It`s for their own good.
    The Mrs just discovered that she married an old school prepper.
    That's the way to do it ,

Went to G-Mall this morning, at the entrance they spray your hands and take your temperature before they let you in. Only the grocery and a few eatery were open. Inersal who normally have a queue out side the door had six customers. All the rest of the Mall was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    Went to G-Mall this morning, at the entrance they spray your hands and take your temperature before they let you in. Only the grocery and a few eatery were open. Inersal who normally have a queue out side the door had six customers. All the rest of the Mall was closed.
    In all honesty,I am totally shocked at how well this is being handled here.. I`m pretty worried about my relatives in the UK as the UK Gov. have just let things run riot there by the looks of it..I`m not surprised.
    What surprises me most is how secure from this virus we feel here after all the travel bans and island lock downs..At least for now.
    New ordinance here is an 8PM till 5AM curfew.. Next will be bars and restaurant closures etc.
    Zero cases now here in Bohol and hopefully it stays that way.
    Bit worried about an eventual bank run so withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow.. Cash is king here..Always was.
    Keep cool..Stay safe people.

Respected Member
    In all honesty,I am totally shocked at how well this is being handled here.. I`m pretty worried about my relatives in the UK as the UK Gov. have just let things run riot there by the looks of it..I`m not surprised.
    What surprises me most is how secure from this virus we feel here after all the travel bans and island lock downs..At least for now.
    New ordinance here is an 8PM till 5AM curfew.. Next will be bars and restaurant closures etc.
    Zero cases now here in Bohol and hopefully it stays that way.
    Bit worried about an eventual bank run so withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow.. Cash is king here..Always was.
    Keep cool..Stay safe people.
    I agree with you about the UK, and Europe in general.
    The UK seemingly allowed the situation to get out of control, what a daft idea, let everybody get it then they build up "herd immunity".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    I agree with you about the UK, and Europe in general.
    The UK seemingly allowed the situation to get out of control, what a daft idea, let everybody get it then they build up "herd immunity".
    Yeah..Let everyone get it and f@ck off all the new to be pensioners and old no longer productive hangers on in one hit..
    Sounds about right.

withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow Lucky to have a load of cash.

withdrew a .... load of cash today and will do same 2morrow Lucky to have a load of cash.
    "Luck" had nothing to do with it!

To be honest I am also puzzled about the lack of virus spread here.
    The lockdown and social distancing isn't so much in evidence....we also have the 8pm - 5am curfew but....hmmm
    All the checkpoints have huge crowds....deliveries of fruit and veg from Baguio are being sent away....
    I hope the Govt and LGU's get a grip and agreed directive asap

Just my moan...I'm lucky still

I had to go to the Honda outlet today to buy a 6.5 KVA generator.. These things cost about 85,000 Peso.
    Unfortunately I could not purchase it because the guard would not let me in without a mask!

We went to the local supermarket this morning....it was much better organised than before.
    The secrity guards only the same number of shoppers inside as the customers leaving....
    Not too long a queue outside and at least out of the sun....most folks behaving and following social distancing.
    Always some who refuse but soon got handled by the local police hehehe

Seems like an anti Malaria drug is being used in China,the U.S and I believe France with some pretty amazing results.

Antimalarial drug confirmed effective on Covid-19

BEIJING -- Chinese experts, based on the result of clinical trials, have confirmed that Chloroquine Phosphate, an antimalarial drug, has a certain curative effect on the coronavirus disease (Covid-19), a Chinese official said here Monday.

The experts have "unanimously" suggested the drug be included in the next version of the treatment guidelines and applied in wider clinical trials as soon as possible, Sun Yanrong, deputy head of the China National Center for Biotechnology Development under the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), said at a press conference.

Chloroquine Phosphate, which has been used for more than 70 years, was selected from tens of thousands of existing drugs after multiple rounds of screening, Sun said.

According to her, the drug has been under clinical trials in over 10 hospitals in Beijing, as well as in south China's Guangdong Province and central China's Hunan Province, and has shown fairly good efficacy.

In the trials, the groups of patients who had taken the drug have shown better indicators than their parallel groups, in statement of fever, improvement of CT images of lungs, the percentage of patients who became negative in viral nucleic acid tests and the time they need to do so, she said.

Patients taking the drug also take a shorter time to recover, she added.

Sun gave an example of a 54-year-old patient in Beijing, who was admitted to hospital four days after showing symptoms. After taking the drug for a week, he saw all indicators improve and the nucleic acid turn negative.

So far, no obvious serious adverse reactions related to the drug have been found among the over 100 patients enrolled in the clinical trials, she said.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1094088

On a positive note it has been reported on TV news that the crime rate in Metro Manila is down by 70%

Curfew here in Tagum, 9pm to 5am nice and peaceful

I just heard on the news they are now talking about a liquor ban
    Time to stock up IMO

Time to stock up IMO
    Yes.. This is where panic really sets in with me.
    Time to raid the shelves like they have gone out of fashion!

Time to stock up IMO
    OMG then it must be serious

Our curfew is 8pm to 6am...

Jungle juice brewers will be busy.

Jungle juice brewers will be busy.
    Im gonna make 50 gallon of Ginger beer..About to raid the shelves for Ginger..Sugar..Yeast. BEFORE IT`S TOO LATE.

Respected Member
    One case in Iloilo now but is someone who had returned from overseas.

We feel quite safe here about 50km away but have home quarantine and need a pass which is only valid for one person to go shopping. Have to wear a mask and limited numbers allowed in market after having temperature checked. They are alos limiting the number of trikes/motor bike PUV's but drawing by lot to see who can continue to pick up passengers. Check points wverywhere inclusing on barangay boundaries. Don't have own transport yet but fortunately we bought brother-in-law a trike a couple of years ago so he is more than happy to pick my wife up when we need heavy stuff like drinking water and beer.

Things could be much worse, we haven't bought more than usual but our freezer is full and better half a great baker so always have bread and cakes about.

Decent TV package, all my music, dvds and hi-fi from UK and small pool to keep us occupied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information