Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coronavirus starting in China

I have a flight booked for the Philippines in March and i am flying to Beijing and then on to Manila. I am sure there will be some sort of restrictions on all passengers that are flying to the Philippines from mainland China. I am in two minds whether to cancel the flight and book with a different airline or just risk it.
    The virus will be either everywhere by then or contained i hope.
    Just thinking i should avoid even the Beijing airport but to cancel and rebook will cost a fair bit more and the hassle of it all as well.
    Face masks at the ready.

Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I have a flight booked for the Philippines in March and i am flying to Beijing and then on to Manila. I am sure there will be some sort of restrictions on all passengers that are flying to the Philippines from mainland China. I am in two minds whether to cancel the flight and book with a different airline or just risk it.
    The virus will be either everywhere by then or contained i hope.
    Just thinking i should avoid even the Beijing airport but to cancel and rebook will cost a fair bit more and the hassle of it all as well.
    Face masks at the ready.
    Relax, sit back, and enjoy your flight.

It is difficult to predict what the situation will be like in two months time or what action might be taken by health authorities. If Hazmat suits are needed I am sure that the airline will provide them.

Personally I would suggest cancel
    This virus is not yet fully understood and takes at least 2 weeks quarantine to confirm or otherwise.
    Many many flights getting cancelled, many UK citizens still stick in lockdown.
    Travelling from China to Philippines isn't going to get any easier than it is already....and it's troublesome already.

Respected Member
    We are currently in Bangkok, Thailand.
    Many people walking around on the streets wearing masks.
    They walk into a crowded bar or food court, take the masks off, drink beer, eat food, talk, shout at the sport on TV, cough, sneeze, breath in each other's faces.
    Then put the masks on again before they walk outside into the open air.
    Awesome.

I wouldn't panic about it. The airport will be in quarantine mode anyway, so unless your airline cancels all flights, I would hold tight.
    If you want your dreams to come true ...... first you have to wake up

Theres a lot of panic about this new virus only because it is a new strain.
    i just did little research on flu last year and is wipeout 80,000 people in the U.S alone.

CDC: 80,000 people died of flu last winter in U.S., highest death toll in 40 years. NEW YORK — An estimated 80,000 Americans died of flu and its complications last winter — 2019

I know most of the people that die from any virus will be the older citizens but there should be less panic about this newer virus my opinion.

Ironically i cancelled the fight i booked with airchina that had a connecting flight in Beijing and rebooked with Cathay Pacific which is slightly better with flight connecting in Hong Kong.

Respected Member
    Were you able to get a refund on the AirChina flight via Beijing, or is it a throw-away?

Interesting to see that Beijing airport code is PEK, and that Peking became Beijing in 1979.
    Both Beijing and Peking seemingly refer to the same two characters in Mandarin.

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    Philippines has just announced temporary travel ban coming from China, Hongkong and Macau. You might want to change your flights again Rory.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.r...au-coronavirus

-=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

I have read and heard that as well. When i looked in to it, Phil Air, cebu pacific, and air asia have stop flights from Hong to Manila.
    Cathay Pacific are still running at the moment, i was checking the flights this morning. I have booked with Cathay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    Were you able to get a refund on the AirChina flight via Beijing, or is it a throw-away?
    Still waiting for any refund to come back to my card, if any.
    will start to get very expensive if i have to cancel again and rebook at very short notice. I will just see how it goes at the moment before cancelling again.

Trusted Member
    Pretty certain Cathay will cancel your flight...from what I've been reading on other forums.

They are already asking their 27,000 employees to take 3 weeks unpaid holiday.

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...medium=Twitter

My flight from Hong Kong to Manila, flight CX913 has been cancelled for a week now and i just got a text message and email saying they have rescheduled my flight for the next day on a Dragonair flight.
    As long as i do not enter Hong Kong or China i have been told i am ok to carry on with my flight. That is the good news at the moment.
    Still might chance again.

Respected Member
    When we arrived back in Manila from Thailand last week, signs on the immigration booths required you to inform them if you had visited China, Hong Kong, and I think, Macau and Singapore since the start of January.

I think it involves a lot of paperwork (and more) if you have.

I saw a Filipino family of 5 on a motor bike (youngest a new born) as usual not wearing helmets etc.
    This is so common place here that I would not normally mention it except for the fact that they were all wearing surgical masks.
    And I thought I had seen it all.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fred View Post
    I saw a Filipino family of 5 on a motor bike (youngest a new born) as usual not wearing helmets etc.
    This is so common place here that I would not normally mention it except for the fact that they were all wearing surgical masks.
    And I thought I had seen it all.
    Haha... more fun in da Philippines....especially out here in the province.

One LARGE Health Centre in Perth - not my doctors' practice ... (yet!) - where I attend a Podiatry Clinic has a prominent notice requesting all visitors entering the building to thoroughly wipe their hands with an anti~bacterial disinfectant staff have provided as a precautionary measure.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    My flight from Hong Kong to Manila, flight CX913 has been cancelled for a week now and i just got a text message and email saying they have rescheduled my flight for the next day on a Dragonair flight.
    As long as i do not enter Hong Kong or China i have been told i am ok to carry on with my flight. That is the good news at the moment.
    Still might chance again.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    One LARGE Health Centre in Perth - not my doctors' practice ... (yet!) - where I attend a Podiatry Clinic has a prominent notice requesting all visitors entering the building to thoroughly wipe their hands with an anti~bacterial disinfectant staff have provided as a precautionary measure.
    Same here Arthur, also keep receiving text messages saying "If you have symptoms or been near anyone you suspect having Corona virus do not attend surgery just call 111 for advice on what to do", what are the symtoms really?

Lightbulb Corona And 5G Update UK Nurse Kate, RGN Shemirani RGN INP The Truth

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Little View Post
    Yes, very interesting Arthur, certainly makes one think

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Parnham View Post
    Yes, very interesting Arthur, certainly makes one think
    Video's perhaps a bit lengthy ... though certainly informative, !

They now reckon that a drug used for nits (head lice) which is safe for humans,could kill this virus in 48 hours.
    They also say it could be effective against Dengue..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDa0CHMxsmI

Australian researchers have published a study showing a drug commonly used to treat parasite infections can also kill coronavirus in a laboratory setting in under 48 hours.
    Researchers at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia have discovered that the antiparasitic drug Ivermectin can inhibit replication of SARS-CoV-2, the virus the causes COVID-19, according to a studypublished Friday in the journal Antiviral Research.
    "Ivermectin is very widely used and seen as a safe drug. We need to figure out now whether the dosage you can use it at in humans will be effective—that's the next step," said the study's leader Dr. Kylie Wagstaff in a statement.
    "We found that even a single dose could essentially remove all viral RNA by 48 hours and that even at 24 hours there was a really significant reduction in it," she added.
    The exact manner in which the drug is able to kill the virus is not yet known, although Wagstaff said it was likely done by "dampening down" the ability of host cells to clear the drug.
    Ivermectin has been widely used since the 1980s to treat head lice, scabies and several other infections caused by parasites. The drug is also used to treat the skin condition rosacea.
    Research was carried out on cell cultures in the lab, which does not always translate to effectiveness in people who have contracted an infection. Ivermectin has been effective against a wide range of viruses when studied in vitro. Further research will be needed to determine whether the drug could be used to treat COVID-19.

https://www.newsweek.com/anti-parasi...y-says-1496083

Ivermectin is being given out for free now in Quezon city because of the actions of two brave congressmen.
    Doctors in the Philippines now beginning to speak out about how effective and safe this cheap generic drug is to prevent covid 19.
    The Big Pharma company MERK continue to not back recent Ivermectin trials and studies because of a conflict of interest..
    They are developing a new drug called Molnupiravir!!
    I bet that will not be cheap.

Respected Member
    Ivermectin is being given out for free now in Quezon city because of the actions of two brave congressmen.
    Doctors in the Philippines now beginning to speak out about how effective and safe this cheap generic drug is to prevent covid 19.
    The Big Pharma company MERK continue to not back recent Ivermectin trials and studies because of a conflict of interest..
    They are developing a new drug called Molnupiravir!!
    I bet that will not be cheap.
    This is a proposed treatment for symptoms of Covid-19, not day to day protection as will be provided by successful vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    This is a proposed treatment for symptoms of Covid-19, not day to day protection as will be provided by successful vaccination.
    No Dave.. Do some more research mate.. This has always been a preventative Covid drug from the start..
    The doctors in the US using this have stated from the beginning that any person taking this anti viral generic FDA approved drug not effected with Covid will NOT get sick..
    The studies in both the U.S and in in R.P have all had positive results.
    They are also still treating this anti viral drug with those that have have early symptoms. Successfully so.

No Dave.. Do some more research mate.. This has always been a preventative Covid drug from the start..
    The doctors in the US using this have stated from the beginning that any person taking this anti viral generic FDA approved drug not effected with Covid will NOT get sick..
    But if that were the case ... ... then how come covid numbers in some American states managed to reach proportionately high levels?

Respected Member
    Grasping at straws.

Manila has recently been under tight lockdown, Thailand is under lockdown after major outbreaks of Covid, and Cambodia now has major curfews. The situation in many countries is getting significantly worse, not better.

Need to get a successful vaccination program rolled out across the world.

Need to get a successful vaccination program rolled out across the world.
    Philippines along with many other countries have suspended the use of the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. Why?
    Not looking good is it?

Do I trust scientists employed by huge Pharmaceutical Organizations? No.
    Do I trust real Doctors that have been working on the frontline treating 1000`s of real Covid 19 patients? Yes.
    Do Filipinos want the rushed through untested vaccine even IF it were available which it is not? No.
    Do Filipino`s want access to an anti viral drug that cost peanuts and prevents Covid 19? Yes.

All the focus on the side effects of the AZ vaccine and not on the ones made by Pfizer, Moderna etc.

I wonder why?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information