Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Thread: Taal Volcano...

Taal Volcano...

It's being very naughty at the moment with lava ash mud and the like with associated earthquakes.
    So far over 20k families evacuated
    I live in Marikina and we have had sprinklings of ash. The air is full of smells and dust.
    Sadly ALL masks everywhere are out of stock so it's back to the hanky

Its at level 4 now....level 5 is major eruption which is expected
    There are 24million people in the 'affected area' .....including me

Quote Originally Posted by Terpe View Post
    It's being very naughty at the moment with lava ash mud and the like with associated earthquakes.
    So far over 20k families evacuated
    I live in Marikina and we have had sprinklings of ash. The air is full of smells and dust.
    Sadly ALL masks everywhere are out of stock so it's back to the hanky

Its at level 4 now....level 5 is major eruption which is expected
    There are 24million people in the 'affected area' .....including me
    face mask re design one of the wifes bras slightly padded type or buy , so that there is only one cup for the mask manipulate straps for fitting the head. no body will know and so cant call you a pervert , i have been following the volcano news updates, some amazing beautiful photos , but with that its a scary thing, hope for the minimum damage and casualties,

stay safe

Admin's Assistant ^_^ raynaputi's Avatar
    My family lives in Imus, Cavite. Thankfully at the moment, ashes are their only major concerns. My sister (and the rest of the family) and her friends just distributed boxes of bottled water to an evacuation centre. They would do a few more in the following days.

People who live around the volcano didn't realise how much the danger was living in there until it erupted. We were taught in school that Taal Volcano was just the small cone you can see in Tagaytay and in photos. Most didn't realise the whole area is the actual volcano and the lake surrounding it is the caldera. When I first took Keith in Tagaytay, his first comment was "Why are they building properties/hotels/condominiums around an active volcano?" He's actually put off buying a house around Silang, Cavite now.

Stewart, my mum has told my siblings the other day to do the same thing as well. There is a shortage of masks now plus some are selling it at an increased price!
    -=rayna.keith=-
    ...When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible...

Face masks are almost impossible to get hold of.
    The TV news is full of folks selling at hyper-inflated prices.....
    To further the issue there are also thousands and thousand being imported....but they are all fakes and nowhere near the N95 minimum spec.
    At the moment we are not using aircon due to the ash.....thankfully the weather is cool

Quote Originally Posted by raynaputi View Post
    My family lives in Imus, Cavite. Thankfully at the moment, ashes are their only major concerns. My sister (and the rest of the family) and her friends just distributed boxes of bottled water to an evacuation centre.

Stewart, my mum has told my siblings the other day to do the same thing as well. There is a shortage of masks now plus some are selling it at an increased price!
    If there are no Masks or those that are not good enough, and those you might be able to get are over priced, then seriously i would cut up some padded Bras, id rather be branded a perve than damage my lungs, though id cut any lacy bits off

Trusted Member
    We are much further north, here in Pangasinan, so hopefully out of the picture.... though I did live through the catastrophic Pinatubo eruption, almost 30 years ago, in Angeles City.

My wife's sister and her family do live near the affected area , just south of Lipa , so we are naturally concerned for their wellbeing. At present, apparently ok.

Respected Member Michael Parnham's Avatar
    Pinatubo erupted when we were halfway home from Davin nr Dumaguete, remember it well

I'm just glad the 'Zoo' on the side of the hill has gone it was disgusting

someone found some masks

http://www.filipinouk.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=870&dateline=1270312908

Trusted Member
    I'm assuming all the Catholic and Iglesia ni Cristo churches have flung their doors open for the poor and needy ?

Respected Member
    I would hope so.

The Catholic church should at least provide a community focus to help those in need.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamw48 View Post
    I'm assuming all the Catholic and Iglesia ni Cristo churches have flung their doors open for the poor and needy ?
    Only if they pay.

No Masks they say?
    I told our lot in Cavite to buy a few packets of Pampers to put over their nose and mouth.
    Adapt and survive or suffer the consequences..
    Bahala!

We was going up to that way for a weeks stay on the Friday night, it’s lucky that Emma was not really interested in going.

Thread Information