Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Personal accident insurance for Brits living in Fil

Hello. I would like to take out personal accident insurance in case of broken bones and the like. Does anyone know if I can get such a policy here? I tried in the UK, but no takers. Thanks

Trusted Member
    I very much doubt it.

If staying in the Phils for a while... probably best to join 'Philhealth'.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
    Hello. I would like to take out personal accident insurance in case of broken bones and the like. Does anyone know if I can get such a policy here? I tried in the UK, but no takers. Thanks
    yes you can get personal accident insurance , i know one that is about 100 peso per year, but you know dont expect too much from any personal accident insurance no matter how expensive or cheap, they wouldn't insure like that if it wasn't a winner for them, my mrs has whats called a unified products and services thingy, she can sell air tickets, load cel phones ,pay electric and some other companies, nso certificates, and in that there is a personal accident insurance policys she can sell, thats how i know,you can get,
    but my thoughts personaly i think most insurance is a waste of money, better to bank some emergency savings, and or as Graham says get Phil Health cover
    plus you can nominate your wife or any other close relative,( just 1 extra parson that is.) and they will be included at no extra cost on your Phil Health

I have PhilHealth in my name and it includes my wife for free.
    I pay P4200 per quarter for that.
    I don't know all the latest rules but when I joined it was something like 9months before I got eligibility for medical payments.
    By the there a mountains of rules and exceptions....Better to check the PhilHealth website

I am still down as dependant on the wifes philhealth as I joined before the law changed P600 per quarter but now she has made it to 60 years old we do not have to pay anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnijon View Post
    I am still down as dependant on the wifes philhealth as I joined before the law changed P600 per quarter but now she has made it to 60 years old we do not have to pay anymore.
    i was covered on the wifes the first couple years here, but unfortunatly we let it expire while we were away, so now have to pay the higher price, oh well such is life

Trusted Member
    Seems like I am included on my wife's, and fortunately, this was the case before they upped the contribution for poriners.
    Hopefully I won't need to put it to the test.

Thread Information