Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Newbie (Restricted Access)

Filipina or Polish, what choice to make

Guys, I’m from the Philippines myself and met a girl from Poland on a dating site, she is very beautiful and wants me to move to her, I really like her and I would love to, but my mother says that I should only marry a Filipina, tell me what me do listen to my heart or mother.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexGamow View Post
    do listen to my heart or mother.
    Neither. Both can totally misread the situation. Hearts are for pumping blood not for making important decisions. Mothers can be biased and do more harm than good. Better asking neutrals like me who've made these mistakes before.

It's better using your head and thinking this through rationally and sensibly. You've met a "very beautiful" Polish girl on a dating site. So what? That doesn't automatically mean you're going to live happily ever after. You've got to get to know this woman more. Will you be compatible with her? Will you be allowed to move to Poland? What if it doesn't work out? These are the questions you need to ask yourself. It's not a decision you should take lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ako Si Jamie View Post
    Neither. Both can totally misread the situation. Hearts are for pumping blood not for making important decisions. Mothers can be biased and do more harm than good. Better asking neutrals like me who've made these mistakes before.

It's better using your head and thinking this through rationally and sensibly. You've met a "very beautiful" Polish girl on a dating site. So what? That doesn't automatically mean you're going to live happily ever after. You've got to get to know this woman more. Will you be compatible with her? Will you be allowed to move to Poland? What if it doesn't work out? These are the questions you need to ask yourself. It's not a decision you should take lightly.
    A girl from Poland wants to take me from the Philippines forever, we talked with her on a dating site for more than a month and fell in love. And mom is afraid of losing me.

A girl from Poland wants to take me from the Philippines forever, we talked with her on a dating site for more than a month and fell in love. And mom is afraid of losing me.
    more than a month is not enough to know, how old are you? you wont know that woman even in 6 months chatting, despite the uncertainty of wether it will work out or not, there are scammers, there are bad people even slave trade drugs and enforced prostitution, its a dangerous world out there, take your time to know her find out if she is real and if it is realy love your feeling, I can tell you i spent 2 years chatting and in love with a woman in israel she was ofw from philippines, i fell in love with her more than anyone iv ever known, i gave up lots of my belongings preparing to be with her in philippines, i even bought plane tickets to visit her in israel, but always some excuse, to cancel still i chose to believe her, by the time 2 years past i was in the final few moths of preperation to go be with her in philippines, then quite by accident i discovered all the lies, so you see 2 years isnt always enough to know someone no matter how sweet they are or how strong the love feels, dont want to kill your joy, but i think you need to consider what your mom says along with your own feelings, take your time and if it is not right for any reason it may have time to show, oh your poor mom, its not that she doesn't want to loose you to a woman i think she is afraid for you

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    more than a month is not enough to know, how old are you? you wont know that woman even in 6 months chatting, despite the uncertainty of wether it will work out or not, there are scammers, there are bad people even slave trade drugs and enforced prostitution, its a dangerous world out there, take your time to know her find out if she is real and if it is realy love your feeling, I can tell you i spent 2 years chatting and in love with a woman in israel she was ofw from philippines, i fell in love with her more than anyone iv ever known, i gave up lots of my belongings preparing to be with her in philippines, i even bought plane tickets to visit her in israel, but always some excuse, to cancel still i chose to believe her, by the time 2 years past i was in the final few moths of preperation to go be with her in philippines, then quite by accident i discovered all the lies, so you see 2 years isnt always enough to know someone no matter how sweet they are or how strong the love feels, dont want to kill your joy, but i think you need to consider what your mom says along with your own feelings, take your time and if it is not right for any reason it may have time to show, oh your poor mom, its not that she doesn't want to loose you to a woman i think she is afraid for you
    My situation is different, my Polish girlfriend even sent me money for a flight. She loves me very much.
    But what about my mom, how can she explain that I can’t make a choice and I don’t want to quarrel.

Sounds like two people rushing into something. You haven't even met yet. How do you know she looks the same? Have you seen multiple photo's of her or spoken via webcam?

Also, do you have the funds to travel between the Phils & Poland?

My situation is different, my Polish girlfriend even sent me money for a flight. She loves me very much.
    But what about my mom, how can she explain that I can’t make a choice and I don’t want to quarrel.
    my situation was different too.
    everybodys situation is different, its pointless asking advise if you are hell bent on doing it blindly your way,

i will say it one more time , take your time do not rush, take time to know who she is ,

ask yourself what if you are in Poland with this woman and all is not what its supposed to be, things are bad , you depend on her for your daily survival , your situation is really bad, you want to go home to your mom, you have no money, you are desperate and you are all alone, no friends no family, you are practicaly a prisoner of that woman, maybe she has kicked you out on the street, what are you going to do, on the other hand it could be the best thing you ever did, but if its not , these are possiblitys , meaning anything can happen that you didnt expect and all because you didn't listen to advise because you didn't take time to know her. have you seen her on web cam, good lord she might be a lady boy, now that would be a surprise on you first night in Poland wouldn't it,

TAKE YOUR TIME

Why would a "beautiful woman" send a guy who is thousands of miles away money for a flight to see her and claim that she loves you "very much" after only a month? If she's that attractive why can't she get a man from Poland? It sounds too good to be true.

I watched a program not so long ago about a woman who was duped by a guy she met on a dating site. She went to meet him in his own country and was asked to take a package back with her. She fell for the guise that he was some sort of antiques dealer and in the package was drugs. She ended up getting 25 years in a Cambodian jail.

You're within your rights to choose your own partner but for your own security don't be too trusting. You don't know this woman. She could just be a foil for a drug smuggler to entice you in. You need to consider these things and think with your head not your heart.

Why would a "beautiful woman" send a guy who is thousands of miles away money for a flight to see her and claim that she loves you "very much" after only a month? If she's that attractive why can't she get a man from Poland? It sounds too good to be true.

I watched a program not so long ago about a woman who was duped by a guy she met on a dating site. She went to meet him in his own country and was asked to take a package back with her. She fell for the guise that he was some sort of antiques dealer and in the package was drugs. She ended up getting 25 years in a Cambodian jail.

You're within your rights to choose your own partner but for your own security don't be too trusting. You don't know this woman. She could just be a foil for a drug smuggler to entice you in. You need to consider these things and think with your head not your heart.
    What is said here could well be true, what if she wants you to take a package to philippines or any other country come to that, and you are aware of the punishment in Philippines, you will be found guilty even if you didnt know what is in the package

i know you will see our warnings advise as negative to you, dont disapear from this forum because of that, keep us all updated and please listen to the advises of those here, they have much knowledge and experience of life

Quote Originally Posted by imagine View Post
    What is said here could well be true, what if she wants you to take a package to philippines or any other country come to that, and you are aware of the punishment in Philippines, you will be found guilty even if you didnt know what is in the package

i know you will see our warnings advise as negative to you, dont disapear from this forum because of that, keep us all updated and please listen to the advises of those here, they have much knowledge and experience of life
    There's four scenario's I can see....

1. She's setting him up.
    2. She's ugly and is using someone else's photo (s)
    3. She's not all there. If she's attractive why go for a dude from a poor country? Unless he's got film star looks I don't understand this. Perhaps no other guy in Poland is interested in her because she's a nutter!
    4. She's actually a genuine and normal person. This is a small possibility whereas the above are more of a probability.

There's four scenario's I can see....

1. She's setting him up.
    2. She's ugly and is using someone else's photo (s)
    3. She's not all there. If she's attractive why go for a dude from a poor country? Unless he's got film star looks I don't understand this. Perhaps no other guy in Poland is interested in her because she's a nutter!
    4. She's actually a genuine and normal person. This is a small possibility whereas the above are more of a probability.
    im totaly in agreement with you on that

and theres a lot of people traffiking into drugs and prostitution both male and females

Guys, I’m from the Philippines myself and met a girl from Poland on a dating site, she is very beautiful and wants me to move to her, I really like her and I would love to, but my mother says that I should only marry a Filipina, tell me what me do listen to my heart or mother.
    try searching her name and a search on her photo on google, try searching the same through any sites that list known scammers

Respected Member
    My situation is different, my Polish girlfriend even sent me money.
    You are onto a winner there, you must have a good profile picture on the "dating site".

Try to get a few more Polish ladies interested in you, they might send enough money to build a new house for your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_ View Post
    You are onto a winner there, you must have a good profile picture on the "dating site".

Try to get a few more Polish ladies interested in you, they might send enough money to build a new house for your Mom.

good one, if you cant beat em join em

Thread Information