6 months ago I retired from paid employment and most of the last 6 months I have been working on the house and garden for no pay at all just someone barking orders for what they think would be nice to replace or make over.

Life is very good , it’s better then I thought and all the worries that I had about retirement has not happened, the worry of not having a pay cheque each month coming in I have not even thought about, yes we joke about if we was still working we could have so much more in the bank , but how much is enough for each of us, I would say retirement is one of the best things I have ever done so far.

I have sorted out and have started to draw down on one of my private pensions , it was a little stressful trying to sort it out but again it’s all done and going into the bank each month .

Still not sure where our final plans will take us but so far we have done all we wanted to do and we will be over in Marikina from late November till late February to do jobs on the house and visit friends plus to see if it’s a possibility of calling the Philippines home in the future, but for now we are wanting to explore other places while we can.

The only thorn in the side I can think off is Ems saying let’s do this let’s do that and let’s go here and there , but everything cost more then my plans I am thinking , but then she will come back at me ‘ you can’t take it with you’ .
But joking aside life is very good for us both.