Disclaimer: By posting on this web site it is accepted that you have agreed to our Terms. Please DO NOT publish copyrighted material/pictures without the owner’s permission, you are liable for any costs incurred.

Covid restrictions

Not flown since 2019. What are the requirements these days for arriving in Manila. I’ve had my injections and booster. As has the wife and one child. However my 5 year old hasn’t had any injections.

Respected Member
    We flew into the Philippines just over three weeks ago, returning from Bangkok to Manila (via Singapore).

We both needed to register online for the e-travel declaration in the 72 hours before travelling, this has replaced the one health pass mentioned in the link from Fred's post above. I suspect that this will now be a permanent requirement for entering (or leaving?) the Philippines as it contains general traveller information as well as Covid vaccination details.

Flying from Bangkok to Singapore there was no requirement to wear a face mask. however we were required to wear a mask on the Singapore to Manila flight. I suspect that the mask requirement may well have ended by now as it has for most international destinations.

The majority of people were removing their masks as soon as we landed in Manila airport.

Upon arrival in Manila, we had to show our individual e-travel QR codes to an electronic scanner before proceeding to immigration. Most people showed the code on their phone, others had a printed copy of their QR code, it was a fast process with little delay.

https://etravel.gov.ph/

This is a sample of the QR code:

Trusted Member
    Thanks for the helpful info'.

Fortunately, seems foreigners are NOT required now to do the same thing when departing the Phils.

E-travel is now required for entry and departure form the Philippines. The departure e-travel just came in to force after Easter and people were not really aware as it was not advertised very well. There was a large backlog at the airport in Manila with people going on their phones trying to fill the form in

Trusted Member
    I have just returned to the Phils from a 3 week holiday (with my young son) in the UK.

No eTravel required for foreigners departing the Phils now.

eTravel IS required before entering the Phils...checked by the airline before boarding, but not by the officials at Clark Airport , where we landed.

I did have copies of our (full) vaccination cards with me, but they were not asked for.

Only thing I am worried about(and still waiting for wife to phone and ask) is my youngest only turned 5 in March and has had no covid jabs whatsoever. Unlike the rest of us who have had both and my wife and I had boosters too.

Trusted Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slip View Post
    Only thing I am worried about(and still waiting for wife to phone and ask) is my youngest only turned 5 in March and has had no covid jabs whatsoever. Unlike the rest of us who have had both and my wife and I had boosters too.
    Children under 15 are classed on the basis of their accompanying adult's vaccination status.
    I had no issues travelling back to the Phils with my 7 year-old son last week... though he is vaccinated. Nobody asked to see any 'physical' proofs, or even brought up the subject.
    There are some helpful YouTubers out there (Jennifer Terri is another very good vlogger on the subject too).

Thread Information